You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Gerrard Statement - Doesn't sound like a man who wants to leave

He was asked just now in a press conference about the club. He just said the media should note that he's already stated he won't discuss anything about LFC, and reporters should 'show me some respect' because 'I'm focussing on a big game for me country'.

Heaven forbid that he should spare the time to say a few words about the club which he captains and pays him £6m a year or to throw a few words of comfort to the multitude of fans who worship the ground he walks on.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sneaky subliminal bastard!

As we prepare to look forward to another new season I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the incredible support and backing you continue to give to our football club

We never, ever take it for granted, but to know that you are there with us through the good times and the bad makes us all more determined than ever to bring silverware back to Anfield.That will again be the target this season – as it I every year – as we look to challenge for each of the trophies we’re competing for. We know it won’t be easy because the other top sides share our ambitions and share our dreams, but together I am confident we can achieve the success we all crave.

As captain nothing would give me more pleasure than to lift more silverware this season. We’ve enjoyed some unbelievable highs over recent years and I see no reason why we can’t taste some of that success again in the future.

It will be another long campaign full of ups and downs and twists and turns, but we have a genuine belief in our squad that we can be a real force in both the league and cup competitions. I hope you all enjoy the 2010-2011 season

Steven Gerrard

He mentioned (I don't have the quote) something about having the tournament in the back of his mind and being careful not to get injured at the end of the season. This implies he was more interested in staying fit and that England was his priority over LFC. Thats how I heard it.

To be fair to him he said this: ""If I get injured with Liverpool in the next eight games and miss the World Cup I will get on with it. I want to be fit for every game and, of course, I am desperate to go to South Africa, but I would not ease up on Liverpool for England because of it.

"I would never take it easy. That's nonsense. I will go full throttle for both."

Stevie: I'll go full throttle - Liverpool FC

He was asked just now in a press conference about the club. He just said the media should note that he's already stated he won't discuss anything about LFC, and reporters should 'show me some respect' because 'I'm focussing on a big game for me country'.

Here we go again. Summer number 3 of this shite for a few months.

It's so daft because if he was staying then he'd just say he's going nowhere and put an end to it. But by saying what he just has he is clearly just going to increase the speculation as he is obviousely having thoughts on going.

He could do so much good for the club if he said he doesn't see a future under the current owners and so will probably look to leave if the club isn't sold in time for team investment this summer.

The time for silence is well gone. Stevie needs to speak up. Never mind being the Captain. He needs to speak up as a very high profile Liverpool fan. He would get teh entire fan base hammering down RBSs door to call in the loan if he said this. It fucks me off he wont speak out.

The time for silence is well gone. Stevie needs to speak up. Never mind being the Captain. He needs to speak up as a very high profile Liverpool fan. He would get teh entire fan base hammering down RBSs door to call in the loan if he said this. It fucks me off he wont speak out.

Absolutely right.

It's so daft because if he was staying then he'd just say he's going nowhere and put an end to it. But by saying what he just has he is clearly just going to increase the speculation as he is obviousely having thoughts on going.

He could do so much good for the club if he said he doesn't see a future under the current owners and so will probably look to leave if the club isn't sold in time for team investment this summer.

Cock on. Fabio's probably gagged them tho. Joe Cole was similarly vague about his future yesterday.

Bang on the money.

As carra said whoever doesntwant to be at LIverpool next season can leave Liverpool is bigger than any 1 person, I'd agree 100% Gerrard is no doubt world class i'd love him to say hes staying until he retires i'd be ecstatic but by continually staying silent over his future just burns my head out 1 sentance ends months of speculation im staying at liverpool/or im leaving liverpool end of rumours this happens now most pre-seasons i know its not his fault what papers print but he can end it as quick as it starts but he refuses to each time..............come on Stevie let us know what the fuck your doing

Disagree with this to an extent and agree with what someone said earlier, no doubt the England players will have been told not to talk about club football in press conferences (and I would agree with this stance for press conferences, they are on international duty at the World Cup, they should be seen to be focussed on that, not discussing club football)

But on a complete side note, just noticed that Simon quote from Dougie Do'ins posts, thats a classic!!

Disagree with this to an extent and agree with what someone said earlier, no doubt the England players will have been told not to talk about club football in press conferences (and I would agree with this stance for press conferences, they are on international duty at the World Cup, they should be seen to be focussed on that, not discussing club football)

But on a complete side note, just noticed that Simon quote from Dougie Do'ins posts, thats a classic!!

Going to have to give myself a whooosh there, and ask you to elaborate.

That little footnote bit (dont know what the correct terminology is!)

Originally posted by simonlfcgreen

My mate knocked out a police horse we call him one punch Jarv he in jail now though.

Made me laugh. A lot.

If Carragher was asked a question about Liverpool i am pretty sure he would answer it.

Reina was asked about Liverpool and answered it by having a go at the owners and saying something along the lines of life going on without Rafa.

Gerrard and Torres are doing my head in with this 'will not talk about club matters'.

They should remember its the club that pays them the wages.

Its the club that is allowing them to live the lifestyle they lead.

Its the club that has the fans all over the world singing your names week in week out whilst you walk about sulking on the football pitch.

If Gerrard wants to go and the same for Torres then for me they can both fuck off.

Without a doubt we will be in worse shape and its doubtful the manager would much of the money from the transfer infact it will probably be only a small percentage but we do not want 'sulkers' in the team.

In our situation we need to create a 'seige' mentality and make it an 'us and them' culture at the club.

By doing this it means every single needs to give everything for his team mates and manager and we can not have anyone at the club, regardless of who they are, thinking of being elsewhere.

I agree but if he said that the English media would jump on it with the "his mind is elsewhere/ distracted etc." with regards to England. Granted I know a lot of people don't give a flying fuck about England but Gerrard is captain and clearly does. It's annoying but keeping it to the back of his mind until after the WC is probably the right mentality for Englands benefit.

I'm torn on that because I want England to do well (yeah I said it) and I'm basically resigned to him going anyway.

That little footnote bit (dont know what the correct terminology is!)

Originally posted by simonlfcgreen

My mate knocked out a police horse we call him one punch Jarv he in jail now though.

Made me laugh. A lot.

The legend that is One Punch Jarv. Or OPJ as he's known on the boards.

If Carragher was asked a question about Liverpool i am pretty sure he would answer it.

Reina was asked about Liverpool and answered it by having a go at the owners and saying something along the lines of life going on without Rafa.

Gerrard and Torres are doing my head in with this 'will not talk about club matters'.

They should remember its the club that pays them the wages.

Its the club that is allowing them to live the lifestyle they lead.

Its the club that has the fans all over the world singing your names week in week out whilst you walk about sulking on the football pitch.

If Gerrard wants to go and the same for Torres then for me they can both fuck off.

Without a doubt we will be in worse shape and its doubtful the manager would much of the money from the transfer infact it will probably be only a small percentage but we do not want 'sulkers' in the team.

In our situation we need to create a 'seige' mentality and make it an 'us and them' culture at the club.

By doing this it means every single needs to give everything for his team mates and manager and we can not have anyone at the club, regardless of who they are, thinking of being elsewhere.

I completely understand where you are coming from agree to an extent with what you are saying, I was simply replying to the point made Gerrard not speaking about Liverpool in the press conference. It really comes as no surprise he didnt say anything.

On the flip side, I hate it when they constantly ask about England following a Liverpool game or at a Liverpool press conference

What pisses me off about Gerrard is the way he believes he deserves "respect" but won't respect us with a simple "I'm going nowhere" which would have taken about two seconds, instead he actually sounded like he was distancing himself from the club by saying "...about Liverpool Football Club" which is not how I would expect a player of that team to say, maybe "Anfield", "Liverpool" but not a full title.I might sound paranoid but it just sounded wrong.

Also, as he is only on £125,000 per week and can't afford his own I hoped he would borrow a laptop to send a personal message to his fans via the Offal website to ease our corcerns in the worst financial position our club has ever been in.

It's simple Stevie if you want to stay. Tell us. Your silence about the matter is deafening.

As its already been posted this is the third summer now we have been wondering if Gerrard is staying or leaving.

This is hardly fitting way of behaving from a Liverpool captain regardless of how good he is.

The whole club is full of shite from the owners to the board and all we hear about is uncertanity for the future of the club etc.

The captain could put this particular episode to bed straight away by just saying in the press conference that he loves Liverpool and is not even thinking about leaving the club.

Just a few words and would probably take 5 seconds of his precious time to say but instead he is allowing more shite to be thrown at the club by the media speculating about his future.

Unrealistic to expect him to say anything. He wants to focus on the WC. He has no sure way of knowing what he has been told will happen will actually happen. He's seen the club fuck the manager and the players over before. He can't trust anyone at the club. Why would he commit to a anything? It's like nailing a wall to jelly.