You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Spurs has banned them.

Spurs ban vuvuzelas | Evening Echo

Spurs ban vuvuzelas

7/19/2010 - 8:54:34 PM

Tottenham tonight became the first Barclays Premier League club to ban vuvuzelas from their own ground.

A number of npower Football League sides have already barred the controversial instruments from their stadia and Spurs have now followed suit.

The Premier League said during the World Cup – where the noise made by vuvuzelas was one of the main talking points – that it would be left to individual clubs to decide whether to outlaw them.

Spurs said in a statement on their official website, Welcome To Tottenhamhotspur.com “Following discussions with the Police and representatives from the local licensing authorities, the club will not be permitting vuvuzelas or similar instruments into White Hart Lane on match days.

“We are concerned that the presence of the instruments within the stadium pose unnecessary risks to public safety and could impact on the ability of all supporters to hear any emergency safety announcements.

“We are very proud of the fantastic atmosphere that our supporters produce organically at White Hart Lane and we are all very much looking forward to this continuing into the forthcoming season.”

I doubt we need to ban them but if it came to it i'd hope we would.

You just know Blackpool or someone else shit will embrace them and really go with it just to piss the oppostion clean off.

Tottenham may have become the first Premier League team to ban vuvuzelas from their ground, but top-flight new-boys Blackpool have asked fans to bring the instrument to games.

Walton Red on fire.

I doubt we need to ban them but if it came to it i'd hope we would.

You just know Blackpool or someone else shit will embrace them and really go with it just to piss the oppostion clean off.

Tottenham are the first Barclays Premier League club to ban vuvuzelas from their

ground.

The club said they were concerned the instruments posed ‘an unnecessary risk to all

supporters’.

But there were no such worries at Premier League newcomers Blackpool, who have asked fans to bring vuvuzelas to matches.

Read more: Tottenham first Premier League club to ban Vuvuzelas | Mail Online

Nice one Blackpool, I think it's worth it for the laugh and it might help them get a few more points by making a mental atmosphere. A bit worried how it'll affect some of our players who went out of the WC early on though... I think so many people went way over the top about them aswell so should be fun when we play them. Maybe their away fans will even bring loads!

Listen, they are not as bad live as they come across on telly. You cannot blow them non stop as it will definitely fuck your lips up. The fans over here use them to build up the atmosphere and TBH it works quite well. Think about those games last season where there was fuck all happening crowd wise at Anfield, it might be an improvement.:whistle:

I personally think they'll be frowned upon like a fucking jester hat at Anfield and rightly so if you ask me.

I just knew Holloway would go for it hence my prediction.

They'll get a big scalp and there will be a load of shit made about the noise I just hope its not us!

Once you were inside a ground in SA, it just became part of the match atmosphere and didn't bother me at all. I found them more annoying when I was home watching games on TV then I did in SA.

That's a bull shit excuse from Spurs as well. I heard all the announcements (subs, national anthems etc) perfectly well in SA over the horns.

If somebody like Blackpool use them intermittently and still sing their own songs, added to the noise generated by good away support (ie: us) it could lead to some really unique atmosphere's next season.

I still hate them. It doesn't create an atmosphere, it suffocates it. Stupid fucking idea. bad enough at one-off world cup matches, but if people think they can start using them at leagues matches, they can fuck off.

Get me my gun.

The we'll have to agree to disagree. I was at the Brazil- Cote D'ivoir and Spain - Chile games and they DID create an atmosphere. Like I said it wasn't constant and the fans developed different rhythms ( the pulse, the triple and the heartbeat) which they used at various times. I took some ear plugs with me because I wasn't sure about the noise but TBH the PA was far more of an annoyance. I think a combination of horns and songs would make for a great atmosphere