You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I`m thinking about buying a new car and so far I think I will end up with an Audi TT.

I like the design and I`m familiar with Audi`s as I drive an Audi A3 now.

But then there are some question, what kind of transmission should I go for and what about the engine?

Anyone tried the diesel engine?

If I end up buying this car I think will go for a coupe as I need some more space than what the roadster will give me and I also like the design better.

ag_08ttcpe_rtfrt.jpg

All comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle aged man with receding hairline? yes this car is perfect for you.

sorry code had to.

that's why i like audi so much.

there seems to be quite a stigma attached to them over there, but they make nice cars, imo, and there is no negative vibes towards the fortunate few who drive them here.

there, i said it.

Guest Pistonbroke

If you are going to splash that type of money out on a car is an internet forum the place to be asking questions ? I reckon you are just showing off or dreaming.

If you are going to splash that type of money out on a car is an internet forum the place to be asking questions ? I reckon you are just showing off or dreaming.

I`m going to buy a new car and its 95% certain it will be a TT unless someone comes up with a better suggestion, I`ve already looked at a Z4 or a Mercedes, but I like the Audi.

I`ve also come as far that I have decided on a Coupe instead of a roadster because I need the space for my golfclubs and skiis on the roof in the winter.

But when it comes to the engine I`m undecided, would it be better to go for the 2,0 TDI version with 170 PS or the 2,0 TFSI with 200 PS.

Why on earth would I do it to show off, it will cost me around £47000 so I want to have as much information as possible, seeing as it looks difficult for me to be able to try them both and compare them.

I`m going to buy a new car and its 95% certain it will be a TT unless someone comes up with a better suggestion, I`ve already looked at a Z4 or a Mercedes, but I like the Audi.

I`ve also come as far that I have decided on a Coupe instead of a roadster because I need the space for my golfclubs and skiis on the roof in the winter.

But when it comes to the engine I`m undecided, would it be better to go for the 2,0 TDI version with 170 PS or the 2,0 TFSI with 200 PS.

Why on earth would I do it to show off, it will cost me around £47000 so I want to have as much information as possible, seeing as it looks difficult for me to be able to try them both and compare them.

Torque is more important than outright horsepower as its more relevant for overtaking

I'd go A5 coupe if i were you....its the TT for grown ups

audi-a5-blue-f-3-4.jpg

....have to agree on the hairdresser bit for the TT. Black is also a cnut to keep clean

Any of the Common rail diesels are good....good economy/tax band and great torque

I`ve looked at the A5 as well, its an alternative, but I prefer smaller cars.

I will probably only have it around two years before I sell it anyway, just like I`ve done with my A3.

I will avoid black as good as I can, the one I have now is black and thats looks dirty before its even dry after being washed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like audis, but I wouldn't want a TT. It's a bit feminine for my tastes. I know you foreign types are more in touch with your sexuality and hairstyles, so knock yourself out.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
£47000? You could get something not so gay for that.

Fuck-a-duck, Code. You're not seriously considering dropping that much on a TT, are you?

You could get a second hand M5 with 20k on the clock and pocket nearly 20k.

Fuck-a-duck, Code. You're not seriously considering dropping that much on a TT, are you?

You could get a second hand M5 with 20k on the clock and pocket nearly 20k.

Not in Norway, probably the most expensive country in the world to buy a car because of the tax you have to pay on top.

Fuck it, get a 2nd hand Aston Martin DB9. Fuck the taxman! Plus it's more environmentally friendly to buy an used car.....

astmart_db9_road.jpg

Hmmm...

As others have said, they are girlie and to drop £47K on one seems madness (even with the tax regime of Norway).

Each to their own I suppose. As I don't get much chance to drive these days and have little means for a car I'd go for something completely unreliable, to my taste, quite fucking stupid and liable to kill me. Like a on old Lancia Delta Integrale.

I've just looked up prices for the Delta S4, fucking hell, they are going for about £150,000 these days. The priciest rusty coffin in the world.