You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton Match thread

Dracco

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty comfortable in the end.

Much better 2nd half and it was like a welcome return to the days of routine home wins.

The next 3 games will really make or break us as far as 4th place goes so we really need to kick on, performances like the one at Wolves are just not acceptable.

I think Kyrgiakos has really helped bolster our defence recently and I hope he keeps his place, he deserves to.

I worry more and more about Aquilani, I just don`t think he`s got it and I reckon he`ll be sent packing in the summer.

First game I've seen in a while from us. Thought it was ok, nothing more. Considering our situation I'm more than happy with a 2-0 win at home against Bolton.

Insua has been getting a lot of shit lately, I thought he played well today. Always going forward to support our attacks, has a good cross on him too.

If only Man City would lose tomorrow this would be a good weekend.

Guest Pistonbroke

We deserved to win the game and played some half decent stuff at times. Looked a bit toothless until we actually took the league in a disappointing first half, second half was a lot better. Gerrard was back to his old self and played well. Not the greatest of performances but a step in the right direction. But we know how it has gone lately, one step forward two back. Everton, Arsenal and man City coming up. These three games will tell us more.

Quite happy with that, best iv'e seen us for a while im sure there's a portion of are support who are half wanting Aquilani to fail, ppl writing him off already need to get a fkn grip of themselves! How long till he starts getting booed I wonder!

Defence looks best its been all season, the mad Greek is proving me wrong, whats the song I heard going for him in the 305 to the tune of campione?

Quite happy with that, best iv'e seen us for a while im sure there's a portion of are support who are half wanting Aquilani to fail, ppl writing him off already need to get a fkn grip of themselves! How long till he starts getting booed I wonder!

Defence looks best its been all season, the mad Greek is proving me wrong, whats the song I heard going for him in the 305 to the tune of campione?

Negged.

Bit quiet on here when we win.

It's pretty easy. Most people who back Rafa come out and see, "SEE?! WE WON!" and don't care about how the game was won.

I think we played shit again, but at least it was a better performance than Wolves. That's a positive.

Now, at least a few Rafa's men will come out and slaughter the 'we played shit again' with their classic, "BUT WE WON" sort of retort.

It's a difficult time for the club, because wins aren't really pleasing anymore, and losses are devastating.

So, to sum up... 3pts is great, and I'm pleased we got a result. I thought we could have played a lot better.

Well we won. Thats a positive. Krygiakos looked solid-ish again, another positive. Mascherano looked up for it, a third positive. Lucas didn't start, final positive.

But yet again a very dis-jointed performance. I was glad to see Gerrard and Aquilani both starting but they both seemed so rusty and for our two main playmakers they were very dissapointing. Maybe it would be different with Torres leading the line. Gerrard did improve a little in the later stages but I hate the way you never believe he is going to score when he takes on a shot or something. Both goals were very fortunate but they will do for now. We will need to up it by 50% to beat Everton, who have found form, credit to them. They are playing some decent stuff at the moment, as much as it hurts to say it. They are unbeaten in nine and it would be great to put an end to that.

We are 3 points ahead of man city, who have 3 games in hand starting at home to Portsmouth tomorrow.

It's pretty easy. Most people who back Rafa come out and see, "SEE?! WE WON!" and don't care about how the game was won.

I think we played shit again, but at least it was a better performance than Wolves. That's a positive.

Now, at least a few Rafa's men will come out and slaughter the 'we played shit again' with their classic, "BUT WE WON" sort of retort.

It's a difficult time for the club, because wins aren't really pleasing anymore, and losses are devastating.

So, to sum up... 3pts is great, and I'm pleased we got a result. I thought we could have played a lot better.

Bang on. I thought we played better but still not a patch on what we are capable of and the first goal was very scrappy while the 2nd was as lucky as they get. Still a long way off playing as well as we need to to make a serious push for the title anyseason soon. Only really disappointing thing was seeing Lucas come on alongside Masch when we were pushing forward well, would have rather seen Maxi on at that point and after the second goal think about bringing Lucas on.

Good to get the 3pts though.

A good win today and we really have to keep it going now. It's very important that we win against Everton and Arsenal for fourth place. I taught the Greek was brilliant again today, won a good battle with Davies. The defence is starting to look good again and hopefully it stays that way.

A good win today and we really have to keep it going now. It's very important that we win against Everton and Arsenal for fourth place. I taught the Greek was brilliant again today, won a good battle with Davies. The defence is starting to look good again and hopefully it stays that way.

I taught it was a typo the last time you did it but you clearly think that is the way to spell it, bit like my geordie uncle spelling everything the way he says it. It's 'thought' not 'taught'.....I hope this doesn't come out like a grammar police post...

Lots of injuries for Fulham to be fair. Midtable teams are also bound to suffer such blips over the season too. Everton had a shocking start but they finish top 8.

As for us, a little bit better performance but a good 3 points. The fluidity is nowhere to be seen but its obviously just goign to be a slog from now till the end of the season and its about grinding out results. Very sad state of affairs to be in but that can't be changes now. In an ideal world we'd be looking at some progression to go into next season, however with Rafa almost certainly going to Juve that idea can be thrown out of the window.

A good three points, thank you very much. Still room for improvement though, and the unpredictability of our performances should not be overlooked. I hope we do not go into next weekend's little match not wanting to lose!

Agreed. It's the first derby for as far back as i can remember im shitting myself about. We need to tear them a new arse from the off.

ok, we'll just ignore the terrible amount of injuries we've had.

and United and Arsenal too eh.

Two totally different situations, while the so called 'big four' are supposed to have these great full of depth squads, midtable teams such as Fulham, Birmingham etc etc barely have a competitive 16. They have to go for relative quality over quanity otherwise they'll be fucked in the Premiership.

This season has been very strange for injuries though. Not sure i can remember anyone like it. i don't think any team has not suffered a great deal which may go to explain why lots of teams are dropping points.

I just don't understand him not giving Aquilani as much playing time as possible. I was furious at him not bringing him on to liven up that farce at Wolves and I really don't see the benefit of taking 25 minutes of game time away from him by hooking him off.

Aquilani needs as much time as possible. No way is he a poor player. He's a class act he just needs to be given a run and playign time to adjust to english football and his team mates. Hopefully whe Torres and Benni are fit and he's had more time here things will start to click and we'll have some excellent intelligent footballers for the run in.