You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Milan Jovanovic offered 3 year deal

WaltonRed

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beggars can't be choosers. We are the perfect example of that.

However, I agree with Al that I'd like to see Eccleston get a bit of a chance next year. However, I don't think he should have the pressure of being our 2nd choice striker, especially when you consider Torres's injury record. That much pressure on young Ecclestones shoulders could really hamper him. I know rafa really rates Nathan so I'd like to see him get a bit more of a run next year.

If we sign Jovanovic on a 3 year deal that costs us a total of £10m, then I'm ok with that. Players are so expensive now that if I said we were getting a player for £5m and only paying him a million and a half a year, people would be happy enough with that risk in the normal run of things. This is about right for a free player. I think people get a bit too het up when a free player gets a quite big salary and a couple of mill signing on fee when they arrive on a free, when you consider an unproven English youngster can cost you £10m before wages.

Sounds like his agent isn't happy with him joining us if this report is true. Maybe he was due to get a bigger cut from Valencia so wants his player to go there but Jovanovic

chose us.

Blic Online | Liverpool to back out of Jovanovic deal

Liverpool to back out of Jovanovic deal

M. Metlaš | 16. 02. 2010. - 08:33h | Foto: B. M. | Komentara: 0

The pre-contract between Serbia international Milan Jovanovic and Liverpool, which was singed only days ago according to reports from the English media, has been called into question.

Informed sources say there is strong possibility Jovanovic’s agent, Zoran Stojadinovic, will issue a lawsuit against both parties, including the scout, which could bring to the Anfield club giving up on the transfer all together.

The current Standard Liege striker’s representative Zoran Stojadinovic said for Blic a few days ago he was completely excluded from the negotiation process between Jovanovic and Liverpool.

- “For now I have a concrete offer on the table for Jovanovic from Valencia and I know nothing about any other options that are being mentioned in the papers. I haven’t been in touch with him a few days. Still, I am under the impression Milan has opted to sing for Liverpool,” said the renowned football agent, who has been in cooperation with Spanish clubs for years.”

If there has indeed been a twist to the story and if Stojadinovic has decided to appeal to Jovanovic’s pre-contract with Liverpool, a logical outcome is that the English club could back out from acquiring the Serb so as to avoid paying a hefty compensation fee.

Other articles are saying he's having a medical this week.

Sounds like his agent isn't happy with him joining us if this report is true. Maybe he was due to get a bigger cut from Valencia so wants his player to go there but Jovanovic

chose us.

Blic Online | Liverpool to back out of Jovanovic deal

Liverpool to back out of Jovanovic deal

M. Metlaš | 16. 02. 2010. - 08:33h | Foto: B. M. | Komentara: 0

The pre-contract between Serbia international Milan Jovanovic and Liverpool, which was singed only days ago according to reports from the English media, has been called into question.

Informed sources say there is strong possibility Jovanovic’s agent, Zoran Stojadinovic, will issue a lawsuit against both parties, including the scout, which could bring to the Anfield club giving up on the transfer all together.

The current Standard Liege striker’s representative Zoran Stojadinovic said for Blic a few days ago he was completely excluded from the negotiation process between Jovanovic and Liverpool.

- “For now I have a concrete offer on the table for Jovanovic from Valencia and I know nothing about any other options that are being mentioned in the papers. I haven’t been in touch with him a few days. Still, I am under the impression Milan has opted to sing for Liverpool,” said the renowned football agent, who has been in cooperation with Spanish clubs for years.”

If there has indeed been a twist to the story and if Stojadinovic has decided to appeal to Jovanovic’s pre-contract with Liverpool, a logical outcome is that the English club could back out from acquiring the Serb so as to avoid paying a hefty compensation fee.

Other articles are saying he's having a medical this week.

Sounds like Jovanovic isn't giving his agent a cut(would that be even possible), since he did it himself, and the agent is furious? I can't imagine why the Agent would object when the player picked the club.

Sounds like Jovanovic isn't giving his agent a cut(would that be even possible), since he did it himself, and the agent is furious? I can't imagine why the Agent would object when the player picked the club.

I reckon it's bullshit.

If he done the deal himself then the agent should get fuck all.

Didn't the agent say that he was at Anfield to discuss this deal as a way of dismissing the Krasnic rumours?

Yep, but different agent!

"However, agent Dejan Joksimovic has denied that such a deal has been concluded, saying: 'I was in Liverpool to sort out a transfer, but not for Krasic, for Milan Jovanovic.

'Journalists decided that if Jovanovic was moving to Rafael Benitez’s team, then why not Krasic too? It’s an excellent theme for an article, and sure to be well-read!'

'Krasic is not signing for Liverpool, and hasn’t even held talks with them. Everything is just rumour so far"

Read more: Milos Krasic won't be following Milan Jovanovic to Liverpool, says agent | Mail Online

“For now I have a concrete offer on the table for Jovanovic from Valencia and I know nothing about any other options that are being mentioned in the papers. I haven’t been in touch with him a few days. Still, I am under the impression Milan has opted to sing for Liverpool,” said the renowned football agent, who has been in cooperation with Spanish clubs for years.”

He better have a decent voice!

Kris Boyd scores goals incase you have not noticed. I'd have Eccleston before this lad all day long.

£10m if this lad signs I'll bet you his contract will be worth that. Hence that's why I'd stick with Nathan.

My dog could fuckin score in the SPL. FFS Cadamarteri was putting them away this season.

I understand your sentiments but as we can see already Ngog is not ready and Ecclestone has been loaned out to learn more- he doesn't need the pressure of playing lone striker when Torres is fit. I am expecting the worst next season when Torres gets back after his third summer in a row without a proper break.

Yea, does look pretty good there, though it is only against romania. If he isnt too expensive in terms of wages (in terms of bein a free) then I reckon he'd be a good option to have. Quick, skillfull, two footed and good shot on him.

How many crosses did he make with his left? Then scored twice with his right...

That will teach me to watch the whole of the clip, I didn't see his goals!

Still looks a bit Heather Mills to me, not a bad thing in itself, David Suker and Maradonna were amongst the worst offenders for that and still great.

Romania are probably better than a lot of the teams in the Premier League.

Possibly so actually. Plus aren't they renowned for being tough to break down, now that I think of it? If he can play well agaisnt "park the bus" teams, all the better for us. On the basis of that video, he looks a good player and certainly a good option to have for back up as he can play 2 positions. Whether or not he's as consistent as we'd need him to be remains to be seen.

One question I have is is this guy being signed with view to him being a regular player, or more of a backup to Nando?

One question I have is is this guy being signed with view to him being a regular player, or more of a backup to Nando?

I think he is more of a compliment to the squad than actual cover. He will be expected to play and will start with Nando but, injuries aside, in the big games I think Nando will start with either Gerrard or someone else.

He was the top scorer for the team with the best qualifying record for the World Cup despite playin on the left wing.

I think he'll do well if we get him, I also think he'll play from the left more often than not. He reminds me of a cross between Bellamy and Kuyt. I reckon he'll be a cult hero here, he's a bit mental.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Worth playing just for the soundtrack

J2QpimwZrTc

I pump kinetics, unintentional malice

Wanna battle one of us

Is ending up in God's palace

Back off deadly like black coffee,

Long as I got lungs

And a knot you can't stop me

Can't see it taking off on the Kop though