You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafas at it again!!!

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real fans will get behind the players. Shite fans will sit in the stands and bitch and moan and boo. Real fans will cheer them to the rafters. The may then go to the pub and get stuck into the players and call them every name under the sun, and that's fine. Just not at the game.

That piece is nothing but a typical pre match news conference where the manager just talks in positives. Why people are still desperate to get all worked up and highlight little sentences that they can misconstrue and pick a meaning out of is just plain pointless.

Anybody looking to get any bit of interesting titbit out of a press conference is pissing into the wind in the first place.

Course you don't 'cos you're a real fan and you know that in the word "supporter" is the word "support."

What the fuck has that got to do with me not seeing anything wrong in that article, when I join the enlightened in their crusade to get that cunt out the club do some words become magically visible like a magic eye picture?

What the fuck has that got to do with me not seeing anything wrong in that article, when I join the enlightened in their crusade to get that cunt out the club do some words become magically visible like a magic eye picture?

Like I said; you're a real fan.

The thing that annoyed me about the match at Stoke, was our approach.

In possession all our back four were 'hoofing' the ball up to Ngog and the poor guy wasn't really given a chance to hold up the ball half the time. The few times we played the ball to feet and strung a few passes together - we threatened. For example in the first half, when we shopuld have had a penalty with nice nice move between Degan and Lucas.

Now Stoke would have wanted us to launch long balls up to Ngog as they would have fancied their chances that they would win more headers, it is playing to their strengths. Now at half time, I'm guessing Rafa didn't tell the team to play the ball to feet more, as the defenders were still just 'hoofing' balls upfield. Again the few times we got the ball down, we looked threatening such as the move at the end, with a superb cross from Aurelio and header from Kuyt.

Benitez is paid to get the most out of the players and by that it means telling the players the best way to approach the game - hence to feet, rather than long, hopeful balls.

We've always been a direct side, LFD. I always believe that when you aren't playing well an ugly win will work wonders for you. After seeing a gutless performance from us against Reading, the response I wanted was at least a good performance.

Stoke is always a hard place to go. Stoke always fight especially at home and their fans always get behind them. So to go there and outfight a team full of cloggers with lots of heart is an achievement. I may sound small time here, but its what we need to do to breathe a little bit of confidence back into a team that hasn't got a shred of it.

Tonight is the same. I think if we get behind the team tonight and we show the same fight for every ball, grit and determination we seen against Stoke we'll win. I'm sure of it. We just need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves when things don't go our way because when you're not playing well things don't go your way. Like the two penalty shouts last weekend.

I want a good performance tonight. We must win without a shadow of a doubt. But if everyone plays their part tonight (the fans, the players and the referee haha) we'll win.

The thing that annoyed me about the match at Stoke, was our approach.

In possession all our back four were 'hoofing' the ball up to Ngog and the poor guy wasn't really given a chance to hold up the ball half the time. The few times we played the ball to feet and strung a few passes together - we threatened. For example in the first half, when we shopuld have had a penalty with nice nice move between Degan and Lucas.

Now Stoke would have wanted us to launch long balls up to Ngog as they would have fancied their chances that they would win more headers, it is playing to their strengths.

does Rafa even watch the same game of football we do??!?!?!?

i'm sure he would say re: the above that we 'controlled' the game - whatever the fuck that means

he is a defensive manager - maybe this is how he wants us to play: long ball to the striker, sit back and defend for your lives

Real fans will get behind the players. Shite fans will sit in the stands and bitch and moan and boo. Real fans will cheer them to the rafters. The may then go to the pub and get stuck into the players and call them every name under the sun, and that's fine. Just not at the game.

That piece is nothing but a typical pre match news conference where the manager just talks in positives. Why people are still desperate to get all worked up and highlight little sentences that they can misconstrue and pick a meaning out of is just plain pointless.

Anybody looking to get any bit of interesting titbit out of a press conference is pissing into the wind in the first place.

Spot bollox perfect mate.

Surely he was happy with the Stoke result. He set the side out for a draw and got a draw.

He did, but he fucked up again as he nearly won it by accident. If it wasn't for a last minute goal against and Kuyt hitting the post when easier to score then he might have accidently won it therefore spoiling his plan to just draw. He's a lucky manager I tell you.

Rafa is fighting until the end for his payout! Not for the fans. If he gave a fuck about the fans he'd actually strap on a pair of nuts & have a right fucking go at teams instead of rolling over & letting shit teams fuck us up the arse! Rafa talks about being positive but his tactics, his team selection reeks of negativity. Be a man Rafa, have a go at shafting other teams for a change!

Has he been talking to Alistair Campbell? He is just spinning bullshit time after time. His reign is identical to Houllier. I'd even go so far as to say if we got rid of him in the summer we might replicate the Euro Cup win.

The personnel is different, tactics are the same. Houllier talked about turning corners, rafa talks about the season starting now.

Houllier was given a contract for nothing, rafa held the club to ransom and played on fans loyalty to get a new one when he didn't deserve it

He isn't a bad manager but he will never win the Prem as he doesn't know the right tactics. Talk all he wants about injuries now but in the summer he said his squad is good enough. He said the same yesterday. I'm sorry, but his crap tactics led to Pompey and Reading defeats, nothing else. Wanted a point against the league's bottom team? Is he nor embarassed? Clearly no

This interview just shows how delusional he is. I hope he gets ditched in the summer. Last season was a blip. That aside he has never challenged for the title and he never will

It wasn't wrong. You have to give your manager another season if he has a poor one. Otherwise why not fucking call ourselves Livercastle?

So why not a rolling contract? Was rafa worthy of a five year deal? Was houllier? Certainly not. A year extension would have been okay. Neither deserved long term renewals

Isn't it ironic that the closest we came to winning the title under those two managers was when they missed parts of the season through illness?!

It was wrong.

And 03/04 proved it was wrong to keep him on.

So there is no history of managers having a bad season and then been able to turn it back around to having success again? Basically, in your opinion, if you have a bad season then that's it. You're out.