You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hope this isn't true. Gerrard transfer request rumours.

Guest Pistonbroke

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict it plays out like this:

Sunday: Gerrard goes to Purslow

Monday: Gerrard hands in transfer request

Tuesday: Gerrard records a panpipes version of Nothing Else Matters

Wednesday: Gerrard drives to Aberdeen in his bare feet in homage to Alan Partridge

Thursday: Gerrard shaves a face into the back of his head and changes his name by deed poll to Sebastian Weetabix

Friday: Gerrard spends £3m on a half man/half sheep corpse

He should be buying Half Man Half Biscuit and get them back on the road touring and gigging and releasing some qwality tunes.

The BBC are stirring this one up. We've seen recently the type of cuntish journalism that can come from a thread on here (Hicks will 'spend big' in the summer. No, he just said it's a 'big window') and it appears the great institution which we all pay for is no better than the average tabloid.

On today's rumour list (and yes, it says "Tuesday's Gossip Column") they've added this link:

Steven Gerrard ready to quit Anfield: Skipper fed up as Liverpool struggle again under Rafa Benitez | Mail Online

which was last updated late on SUNDAY NIGHT. I assume some lazy shitkicker at the BBC has read shite threads like this one, has desperately scrabbled around to find something tangible and this is the best they've come up with.

Fan power. Ace isn't it.

This thread should be deleted. It would be more at home on bluekipper.

Emailed the BBC:

I'd just like to know how the hell what in any case is a very watery article from the Daily Mail on Sunday night makes it into your Tuesday Rumour page? Neither you or the daily mail have anything to back this article up but using your sensationalist style of rumour mongering you have decided to publish the story as "today's rumour" even though it's approaching 48 hours old. Are you that desperate to stir up the situation at Liverpool? You are becoming no more worthy than the gutter press who usually peddle this kind of lazy, weak, unsubstantiated journalism. The difference being is that I pay you to do it.

Wednesday: Gerrard drives to Aberdeen in his bare feet in homage to Alan Partridge

Thursday: Gerrard shaves a face into the back of his head and changes his name by deed poll to Sebastian Weetabix

I don't mean to be pedantic, but Alan Partridge drove to Dundee in his bare feet after gorging on Toblerone.

Emailed the BBC:

I'd just like to know how the hell what in any case is a very watery article from the Daily Mail on Sunday night makes it into your Tuesday Rumour page? Neither you or the daily mail have anything to back this article up but using your sensationalist style of rumour mongering you have decided to publish the story as "today's rumour" even though it's approaching 48 hours old. Are you that desperate to stir up the situation at Liverpool? You are becoming no more worthy than the gutter press who usually peddle this kind of lazy, weak, unsubstantiated journalism. The difference being is that I pay you to do it.

Don't forget to let us know if they respond.

That bit about them being the same as the gutter press and sensationalist is spot on. I've noticed this in the past few years getting worse.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but Alan Partridge drove to Dundee in his bare feet after gorging on Toblerone.

Gerrard thought he might meet his hero Paul Hogan in Dundee. He didn't consume Toblerone but purchased eight chocolate Santas at half price in a service station, six of which he ate.

Emailed the BBC:

So it should actually be "Yesterday's Rumour"? Or "The Day Before Yesterday's Rumour"?

What are you complaining about exactly? The fucking chronology of the rumour?

Do rumours have a shelf-life?

Perhaps you should write out a charter outlining clearly what constitutes "a rumour" with clear guide-lines as to how the recency of said rumour should be communicated clearly so that people can discern between "today's rumours" and "rumours that are older than 24 hours".

That should clear everything up nicely.

So it should actually be "Yesterday's Rumour"? Or "The Day Before Yesterday's Rumour"?

What are you complaining about exactly? The fucking chronology of the rumour?

Do rumours have a shelf-life?

Perhaps you should write out a charter outlining clearly what constitutes "a rumour" with clear guide-lines as to how the recency of said rumour should be communicated clearly so that people can discern between "today's rumours" and "rumours that are older than 24 hours".

That should clear everything up nicely.

Well if it's Tuesday's rumour page, something that has been created this morning, surely they shouldn't be putting the weekend's news in there? Why not: "Liverpool rumoured to give Maxi a place on the bench v Stoke"?

The BBC are stirring this one up. We've seen recently the type of cuntish journalism that can come from a thread on here (Hicks will 'spend big' in the summer. No, he just said it's a 'big window') and it appears the great institution which we all pay for is no better than the average tabloid.

On today's rumour list (and yes, it says "Tuesday's Gossip Column") they've added this link:

Steven Gerrard ready to quit Anfield: Skipper fed up as Liverpool struggle again under Rafa Benitez | Mail Online

which was last updated late on SUNDAY NIGHT. I assume some lazy shitkicker at the BBC has read shite threads like this one, has desperately scrabbled around to find something tangible and this is the best they've come up with.

Fan power. Ace isn't it.

This thread should be deleted. It would be more at home on bluekipper.

To be fair Redders, it seems ok to have billions and billions of threads on how Rafa is this and Rafa is that, but when something about Gerrard comes about it should be deleted. I think that's wrong to say so. Let's at least have a bit of consistency on here.

Yes it may all be bullshit but why delete it just because some people think it's bullshit but some people are concerned and some people feel it's true. Surely it's a topic for debate for some to discuss until they are denied.

Nice email to Auntie mate, little tame by your standards. Where's the "You Mother Fucking Cunts" insults. You've changed since you found love, your too nice these days.

When is the going to be available to buy?

Panpipes doing Metallica, genius!

Emailed the BBC:

Their gossip column is just a pointer to articles other publications have written; they are not applying any rigorous standards of journalism to it, nor should they. That's the responsibility of the original publication, surely?

The link you are talking about is dated Monday, so it's no surprise it shows up in Tuesday's gossip column. I presume it came out after Monday's gossip column was written.

Still I should think you've given them all a good laugh in the office on a miserable morning, so some good has come out of this.

Look lads, I don't want anybody taking this further.

But at 11.45am today Bill Kenwright bought a 3kg bag of Dolly Mixtures off me £4.25 + vat.

Now the Mrs came in before and said she saw Bill Kenwright in a Bentley sat outside, St Francis De Salle Junior school at 3pm.

It may just be one of those things, but I'm only posting what happened.

Sounds as plausible as your other stories. The fact that it makes you out to be an Evertonian enhances its credibility.

Rafa laughs off Stevie rumours - Liverpool FC

Rafael Benitez today laughed off suggestions circulating in the media that there had been a disagreement with captain Steven Gerrard.

Related Links

Some media outlets claimed the boss and his skipper had an argument at half time during the Reds' FA Cup defeat to Reading.

"We have been joking about the rumours in the media that there was a fight. There was nothing. We have been laughing about it," said the Liverpool manager.

Gerrard will again be absent from the side to face Tottenham tomorrow as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury. Fernando Torres, Yossi Benayoun and Glen Johnson will also be missing, while the Reds will make a late check on Daniel Agger.

"Fernando is feeling better after his operation," added Benitez. "He will be out for more or less the six weeks we were expecting, but it's always better to be cautious.

"Yossi has a broken rib and so just needs time and Glen Johnson is improving, He is in the swimming pool working and doing well.

"We have to check on Agger because he had a groin problem. We'll have to see if he's available for Tottenham. We have a session today and then again tomorrow before we can decide."