You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LEEDS UNITED

ozted

• 2 years later...

I'm enjoying laughing at Leeds. Even during our darkest recent days, laughing at Leeds has always cheered me up. Bates has upset them again. He's a twat of a man but Leeds deserve him for the mouthy smug cunts I used to know back in 2000 who are very quiet these days.

There's a Leeds mongfest outsite Elland Road tonight.

"Stand oop if you 'airt Ken Bairts"

"Werz al uz mooneh gon?"

May it last for many years.

they're a proper club and I'd rather them be in the Premier League than some of the utter shite that currently is

You're probably right. Certainly sooner have them than the likes of Stoke and Wigan but the fact that's true makes their plight funnier somehow. Leeds fans are fucking dreadful people. I use the word 'people' generously.

Leeds have never really bothered me to be honest, even living here, although I moved here in the summer of 2004 just after they'd been relegated which may explain it.

A bit like Man City for me (pre-Sheikhdom at least) - don't particularly have time for them but if they piss the mancs off they can't be all bad.

What just struck me was the footage on Look t' North last night was of a crowd of Leeds fans singing "stand oop if you'airt Ken Bairts". Whilst standing up. In front of their ground. Where there are no seats. Other than the one a bloke in a wheelchair was sitting in. There really are some fucking halfwits about.

Leeds United have announced a new shirt sponsor. Manufacturers of a high powered cleaning agent which is guaranteed to remove scum from a cup.

I made a comment in another thread last week about how small times fans, like Leeds, refer to United as scum and we should rise above it.

I live in Leeds and hate them. I'd rather spend £40 on the train to a London game than walk the 30 mins it would take me to see us at Bellend Road.

Even now they still try and wind me up about the Viduka game, forgetting the fact that season we still finished above them, knocked them out the FA Cup and won 3 trophies.

Biggest set of no-marks ever. Hopefully they'll all continue supporting the Rhinoceroses.

• 2 years later...

As you probably know, Leeds have a new owner, the Italian Massimo Cellino who also owns Cagliari. Well, he's hired a new head coach from Forest Green Rovers, a bloke called Dave Hockaday. Now just because no-one's heard of him doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a competent coach but given Cellino's history of hiring and firing at Cagliari, it's seems highly likely that he's hired a chump.

How do these batshit crazy owners like Cellino, Vincent Tan, the penniless Arab prince at Portsmouth and countless others walk into club ownership so easily? There is so much historical evidence that such a move by clubs only serves to ruin them, and yet it keeps happening.

As you probably know, Leeds have a new owner, the Italian Massimo Cellino who also owns Cagliari. Well, he's hired a new head coach from Forest Green Rovers, a bloke called Dave Hockaday. Now just because no-one's heard of him doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a competent coach but given Cellino's history of hiring and firing at Cagliari, it's seems highly likely that he's hired a chump.

How do these batshit crazy owners like Cellino, Vincent Tan, the penniless Arab prince at Portsmouth and countless others walk into club ownership so easily? There is so much historical evidence that such a move by clubs only serves to ruin them, and yet it keeps happening.

however he isn't a competent coach, he had a huge budget for Conference level at Forest Green and failed miserably

• 2 months later...

Cellino has fired Hockaday. *feigns surprise*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28976281

Leeds United: Dave Hockaday sacked after six games

Leeds United manager Dave Hockaday has been sacked after only six games in charge of the Championship club.

Assistant manager Junior Lewis has also been dismissed, with Neil Redfearn taking over until a permanent replacement is appointed.

Hockaday, 56, was a shock appointment in June with his only managerial experience at non-league Forest Green.

Leeds were beaten by Bradford in the League Cup on Wednesday after losing 4-1 at Watford on Saturday.

Owner Massimo Cellino had been set to fire Hockaday at the weekend but changed his mind and said: "It's too simple to sack him - I am more responsible than him now."

But just five days later the former Cagliari owner has done another U-turn and ended Hockaday's unhappy reign, who saw two wins and four defeats.

"The results since the start of the season have meant we needed to act and make this decision," said Cellino, who took control of Leeds in April.

"After the defeat at Bradford I realised that my decision to keep David at the club following the defeat at Watford was wrong and I had to change my mind on the coaches' position.

"As a club we will now begin our search for a new head coach."

Leeds's last managerial departure was also in newsworthy circumstances.

When Cellino's deal to take the majority shareholding of Leeds from GFH Capital was confirmed in January, Brian McDermott was sacked, only to be reinstated a day later.

He eventually left by mutual consent at the end of the season.

In 21 years in charge of Italian side Cagliari, Cellino sacked 35 managers.

United's next match is at home to Bolton in the Championship on Saturday.

Redfearn, 49, will be in the dugout, as he was in the aftermath of Simon Grayson's sacking in 2012, and a year later when Neil Warnock left.