You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool to sign Maxi Rodriguez

suley

Morgan owned 5% Terry Smith 4% Miskelly 3% Diego's crew ex percent.

All could have joined together and not let them take over.

now this is just how i see this......

the offer was to good to turn down and the whole board knew it aswell as the yanks.They paid well over the top for us and didnt factor in that things could go wrong in the way it has with the financial crash and to be frank thats whats left us in the shit.All they have invested in has hit rock bottom and in trying to save themselfs they have fucked everything up by keep refinacing things and making promises they cant keep to the like of the banks and the supports not just of liverpool but also the sports clubs in the states.All they had to do was refinance once over a longer period of time and made the payments managable.I know some will say that perhaps the banks wouldnt let this happen but if they had a solid long term plan then i really dont think there wold have been to much of a problem.Its the same for any business when you struggle with the bank you restucture and bring payments down been there done it myself.To be honest its all in the past we cant change it and the yanks will be here till either the club is fucked or someone comes up with the 600m that they want anyway back on

the real subject...... Maxi Rodriguez i think would be a good signing lets face it we could do alot worse...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness mate - i think Rafa knew his transfer pot was empty and if a club came in for any of them - he wouldn't have stood in the way. He signed them, he realised they were cack, he would have got rid if he could.

Its gonna be the same problems during this window - except this time we have to find them clubs knowing they are all cup-tied.

You could very well be correct. IMO Rafa did not realize the transfer freeze until very late in the window and he has proven to be a stubborn sob when it comes to HIS transfers. He may have thought he could not get players of that "quality" for the money that was offered and hoped they both came good as both were seen to be underperforming.

No I remember him from Ajax.

Bogarde joined Chelsea from Barcelona on a Bosman on £50K a week salary. He played 9 games in 4 years for the first team and was content to train with the reserves each day and run his contract down.

Chelsea couldn't shift Bogarde and I think we will struggle to get shot of Degen and Voronin. What motivation has Voronin got for leaving? He is getting paid to lie on a beach abroad at the moment.

Bogarde joined Chelsea from Barcelona on a Bosman on £50K a week salary. He played 9 games in 4 years for the first team and was content to train with the reserves each day and run his contract down.

Chelsea couldn't shift Bogarde and I think we will struggle to get shot of Degen and Voronin. What motivation has Voronin got for leaving? He is getting paid to lie on a beach abroad at the moment.

I know - was reinforcing that he did not do much memorable there.

I agree those two may not want to leave, it is probably their last big contract.

If this comes off (and I'm making that a pretty fucking big 'if' for now), I don't see a downside. He's a skillful wide player who knows where the goal is, has got two mates already at the club to help him settle in quickly and is an Argie so will instantly be a favourite of Rafa's. He fucking loves Argies - and rightly so: they're usually classy battlers who hate to lose. You can't have enough like that.

The biggest question mark is whether Rafa has to shift someone to sign him and whether he takes the piss with a signing on fee.

I actually think Voronin would leave if he gets a reasonable offer as he'd much rather be in Germany - afterall he's not a fan of our health service.

Babel wants to go to the WC, I guess whether he leaves will depend whether Van basten has assured him of his place or not.

I'd also be chuffed if the van der Vaart rumour was true!

He fucking loves Argies - and rightly so: they're usually classy battlers who hate to lose. You can't have enough like that.

Good thing you said usually because two of the Argies Benitez has bought are Paletta and Insua. One of them was terribly shite and the other, although still young, does not deserve to be a first choice left back for a club like Liverpool.

Guest PurpleNose
Good thing you said usually because two of the Argies Benitez has bought are Paletta and Insua. One of them was terribly shite and the other, although still young, does not deserve to be a first choice left back for a club like Liverpool.

Another was Pellegrino.

Paletta was a young CB - with any young player it is a risk and is it really worthwhile using a player who made about 2 appearances for us as an example? He's also a regular for Boca so is hardly shit!

As for Insua - he's also young and most people seem relatively pleased that a young player has got a chance and has made a decent go of it.

The biggest question mark is whether Rafa has to shift someone to sign him and whether he takes the piss with a signing on fee.

I actually think Voronin would leave if he gets a reasonable offer as he'd much rather be in Germany - afterall he's not a fan of our health service.

Babel wants to go to the WC, I guess whether he leaves will depend whether Van basten has assured him of his place or not.

The other thing to consider is that Rafa may need to raise funds to offer Reina a new contract.

I agree on Voronin, he has stated how happy he was in Berlin.

Elia is a better player than Babel, if he goes it will be as a backup.

The VDV thing seems strange, if he wanted him Rafa certainly could have got him thrown in as part of the deal for Alonso.

If Van Basten told him he would go the world cup it would make no odds at all as he is not the manager any more.