You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool, Texas [A New Documentary]

stevezissou

The owners , after Rafa requested funds for transfers , told him to stop moaning and get on with coaching and training the team he has.

Sarcasm at its best.

Its an excellent montage and really helps explain the utter drivel they have spoken and how much of a ride they have TRIED taking us on.

Someone should get it up on Facebook , I hate facebook myself but its popular and it will help spread the word.

Yes. Good summary. This same context is actually provided in the documentary (simplified with text) so I recommend the viewer rewatch this section.

You will notice the documentary is broken into sections: i.e. by each of their promises on takeover and we go on to watch them break each promise (and worse).

I agree with the comments to try and get this out to as many Reds as possible. This can only happen if each of us spread the word. I am, but will need each of us to also do so. There are many Reds out there who don't read newspapers/media (don't blame them) but they don't know what's going on behind the scenes. We also need supporters from around the world to apply pressure along with those in Liverpool. Once again the Spirit of Shankley is doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was actually hard to watch to be honest, almost 3yrs of lies condensed into a 47 minute piece. Well done to the lad that put it together but l can't help feeling it could have been slicker and more hard hitting. Maybe if Alex Jones is a Red he could have a stab at it!

SOS should look at collecting some cash and getting this transferred onto dvd and handing out a few thousand copies at Anfield. l know it is on Youtube and is available for download but to hand it out at the next protest march where there is a good chance it might be picked up by the mainstream media, it might actually get some air time!

Good work either way,

Y.N.W.A

That was actually hard to watch to be honest, almost 3yrs of lies condensed into a 47 minute piece. Well done to the lad that put it together but l can't help feeling it could have been slicker and more hard hitting. Maybe if Alex Jones is a Red he could have a stab at it!

SOS should look at collecting some cash and getting this transferred onto dvd and handing out a few thousand copies at Anfield. l know it is on Youtube and is available for download but to hand it out at the next protest march where there is a good chance it might be picked up by the mainstream media, it might actually get some air time!

Good work either way,

Y.N.W.A

Thanks. The documentary was made with zero budget and no profit. The credits tell us more about the source video material from literally over 100 hours of archive video. Only someone like Michael Moore would be able to afford to buy out all the copyright and then travel around the world to complete further interviews for a comprehensive update.

I agree with your idea to distribute copies. The 450mb file would fit on cheap CD-Roms. I suggest you contact Spirit of Shankley with your idea. There me be some copyright issues, but I think its worth the risk because it's non profit and 100 percent dedicated to Liverpool Football Club.

You'll never walk alone

Good work, nice one for putting so much time into that. Got a couple of suggestions though.

Firstly, do you think you could change the text from Spirit of Shankley to Spirit of Shankly?

Also, whilst there's a whole load of good material in there (the Shankly stuff, Istanbul etc.) as an exercise to demonstrate to the uneducated quite what cunts the owners are it might be worthwhile making a shortened edited version, say 10-12 minutes, purely highlighting what liars and chancers they are. I think that way it'd be more hardhitting and more likely to go viral. Whilst I was happy to watch the full 47 minutes, I imagine it might put some off and the majority of those willing to put that kind of time into it are possibly those who already want rid of them.

Anyway, it's just an idea and don't wish to sound too critical as the more of this stuff that gets out there the better.

Good work, nice one for putting so much time into that. Got a couple of suggestions though.

Firstly, do you think you could change the text from Spirit of Shankley to Spirit of Shankly?

Also, whilst there's a whole load of good material in there (the Shankly stuff, Istanbul etc.) as an exercise to demonstrate to the uneducated quite what cunts the owners are it might be worthwhile making a shortened edited version, say 10-12 minutes, purely highlighting what liars and chancers they are. I think that way it'd be more hardhitting and more likely to go viral. Whilst I was happy to watch the full 47 minutes, I imagine it might put some off and the majority of those willing to put that kind of time into it are possibly those who already want rid of them.

Anyway, it's just an idea and don't wish to sound too critical as the more of this stuff that gets out there the better.

Yes, the typo on the audio interview is a silly mistake which I sometimes repeat in these posts. The error will be corrected and updated in a new megaupload upload. However the youtube version will have to stay as it is because it already has comments from supporters.

I believe Spirit of Shankly have already uploaded 5 minute type of videos on youtube about specific lies such as 'spade in the ground', 'no debt' etc. There should be a 5-minute introduction/trailer to the documentary one of these weeks which should be similar to your suggestion.

Will do Steve, started working on the email, will finish after I get back from the game this evening. Also, what I said about the documentary was more tongue in cheek. I think it is amazing someone would put so much time and effort into such an informative piece.

Take care.

Do note that there should be a new megaupload link tomorrow.

This is the link for the updated documentary file:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

It includes a correction on the audio text.

The above link (which was rushed out late after the match last night) had an upload problem and so the file doesn't play properly. We were fixing this today, and are currently reuploading the file. It works perfectly now. The file will be available for download in 2 hours. I will post the new link as soon as it is available.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Do note that the original unreleased version of the documentary was 100 minutes long. It included other potential bidders such as DIC, others groups in the UAE, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. This included the Americans, Rick Parry and David Moores involvement throughout the process and future possibilities. We eventually decided to remove this angle so that the documentary just focusses on Gillette and Hicks - not about all takeover parties. There was very interesting material on the latter, but since the news keeps changing about future bids - we decided to deal with that when there's a definite change in the clubs ownership.

Also note that the Shankly audio text was updated yesterday.

is there not someway we can get this aired ?

Where do you want to air the documentary? Do share your ideas and feel free to forward it anywhere you want online.

Do note that I think it's impossible to air this on television, simply because the copyright is owned by half a dozen TV companies, producers and private companies/organisations.

At this time free online distribution is the easiest route.

Just watched that and well done to all involved. I wish there had been some mention of Hicks dealings with Corinthians' date=' highlighting the fact that this isn't the first time he's been involved with a football club and how they both ended up in deep shit.[/quote']

Thank you Dougie. And thanks again for your brave critical interview with GG.

We were well aware of the entire Corinthians affair, having read all internet articles about Hicks and his dealings in Brazil. Unfortunately we couldn't find any video material about this. BTW, Manjoo used his camera to film and take still images of important articles, phrases from the Corinthians affair... he also attempted to make titles and credits about this - but it was eventually realised that all the extended information wasn't suitable for a documentary. The next solution was to use this information at the end of the documentary (so the information doesn't slow the pace inside the documentary)... but there was so much information that the next solution was to simply provide internet links. Eventually this possibility was also ruled out because we felt those Reds who have access to the Internet can be forwarded the links on the forum (instead of with the video where you can't click on links). So in the end it didnt work out for the Corinthians issue.

We are also aware that there's much more to the G and H controversy. It all goes deeper but unfortunately with no resources we are unable to create new video material for a comprehensive feature documentary. Maybe one day a big independent company can pick up on this important issue, buy out the expensive copyright and film new interviews with G, H and insiders around the club. We are open to work for free for this Liverpool cause in any way. If SOS can also help we can use our contacts to speak to television stations, companies and funding foundations to bring it all together.

Well, enjoy the festive season and when you have time, anybody is welcome to send a private message as to how we could take the next step.

Regards, Steve

This is free Steve. l have an account on JTV and l am currently broadcasting the film. This is the first time l have ever done this so l'm not totally clued up on it. lf l'm not going to the game later today l will stream the film before, during and after the match. Here is the link - nitro4life's channel on Justin.tv

T

Thank you. I am sending you a private message now.