You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I rate Maxi, but I'm not sure he touched the ball in the last derby he played.

True... some matches are made for Maxi ( Blackpool, Sunderland at home ) while some matches are made for Kuyt ( The derbies, mancs ).

Kuyt will be missed at the weekend.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some matches are made for Maxi? Which? The matches where he's the only player on the pitch? I'm not sure anyone would notice him even then. He's been a waste of space from day one, just like Jovanovic, Degen and, dare I say, our marquee Bosman this summer...

Maxi is useful when we ( or at least should have) dominate play, and have players around him that can play as well. He can play one touch passes, and manage to control the ball, in contrast to a few others. He was instrumental in some of the few matches last season when we actually played good football, like Sunderland home as an example.

Also this season, in the half we played well so far against Steaua, he was one of our best performers. In these types of matches he offers us something, and in my opinion more than Dirk often do.

I would much rather have Maxi on the right and Meireles in the centre than Hogdsons solution with Poulsen.

Against Everton away though, I wouldnt play him, as he wont be effective in such a frantic match.

Guest PurpleNose
Some matches are made for Maxi? Which? The matches where he's the only player on the pitch? I'm not sure anyone would notice him even then. He's been a waste of space from day one, just like Jovanovic, Degen and, dare I say, our marquee Bosman this summer...

Matches where we try to play some football. Like possibly Argentina or Atletico Madrid would.

Admittedly it possibly doesn't happen enough to warrant him being at the club.

• 4 weeks later...

Just after watching the hi-lights from this weekends match and Dirk was excellent. We have really missed his efforts and what he offers going forward. On his off days he can stink the fucking place out, ie West Brom this season, but when he is on his game he can win it himself like all top quality players. Top man.

• 5 weeks later...
Just after watching the hi-lights from this weekends match and Dirk was excellent. We have really missed his efforts and what he offers going forward. On his off days he can stink the fucking place out, ie West Brom this season, but when he is on his game he can win it himself like all top quality players. Top man.

Unfortunately he is having one of his stinkers today. His worst 45 minutes in quite a while.