You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Voronin worked really hard tonight.

He did quite a few things well but equally was probably at fault for the goal. The trouble is he just isn't good enough, he lacks pace and never really looks like scoring.

Babel too does need to move on, he can moan all he likes about not getting chances or being played out of position, but any decent striker would put away some of the chances he gets; not getting near that ball fizzed across the box shows that, and it's not by any stretch the first time we have seen that from him.

I couldnt give a shit if Voronin "put a good shift in" or "worked hard" - thats what Kuyt used to do 2/3 seasons ago when he had no end product and he was shit then too.

Whenever one of our attacks broke down / nothing came of it / misplaced pass or control you could bet it was 1 of them useless shits. Id love someone to work it out, they must have been responsible for 80% of our attacks failing.

I couldnt give a shit if Voronin "put a good shift in" or "worked hard" - thats what Kuyt used to do 2/3 seasons ago when he had no end product and he was shit then too.

Whenever one of our attacks broke down / nothing came of it / misplaced pass or control you could bet it was 1 of them useless shits. Id love someone to work it out, they must have been responsible for 80% of our attacks failing.

There is no way you can put Kuyt in the same bracket as Voronin and Babel :wallbutt:

Babel really is the most frustrating player I've ever seen. There really is talent in there but I'm fucked if I know how he'll ever realise it with his total lack of application. I doubt Rafa knows either, and most pertinently, neither does Babel. He's a real disappointment.

Voronin did ok, and I'm not going to have a pop at him because he put a shift in.

Babel. I'm not going to think about his performance much more as I'll probably kill someone.

Voronin. Thought it was one of his better performances for us, especially in the second half, was dissapointing in the first but he atleast looked like he was trying at times tonight.

Babel has made me look stupid for suppporting him until recently & I now freely admit I was wrong & he needs to be got rid of at whatever loss we have to swallow. He is only going to get in the way of younger guys like Nemeth , Pacheco & Eccleston and will never make it here ( or cares enough to try frankly )

Voronin is a different matter as you can see the professional pride in his efforts although his speed of thought is sometimes lacking. The only thing I will say in his favour is that he is the type of player who will look better when he has better players to feed off his through balls & passes , but he always ends up playing with the likes of Babel & the younger Ngog. When he had a spell playing with Torres , Gerrard et al a couple of years ago he looked half decent ( think the Gerrard goal against Besiktas )