You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Voronin did indeed do plenty of closing down last night and fair play to him for it. However, each time he did and then realised his team mates weren't backing him up he threw his arms out like a whinging bitch, every time. Now, he may well have a point about his lack of support, but gesticulating in such a manner is not the way to resolve the issue in my opinion.

As for Babel, he's heartless, brainless and lacks courage. Forget the rap, if ever they remake The Wizard Of Oz............

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voronin did indeed do plenty of closing down last night and fair play to him for it. However, each time he did and then realised his team mates weren't backing him up he threw his arms out like a whinging bitch, every time. Now, he may well have a point about his lack of support, but gesticulating in such a manner is not the way to resolve the issue in my opinion.

As for Babel, he's heartless, brainless and lacks courage. Forget the rap, if ever they remake The Wizard Of Oz............

That's an asbsolutely fantastic point! Perceptive, insightful and a perfect analogy. :yes:

#136 (permalink) 3rd September 2009, 02:33 AM

Gonzo

Re: Babel and the last chance saloon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the boy - I admire your positivity, but realistically the lad's been fucking garbage for us. I'm sure we all want him to do well, but he's like an amalgamation of the worst aspects of the cowardly lion (unwilling to fight), the tin man (no heart) and the straw man (no brain) from the Wizard of Oz. If fulfilling his potential can be equated to a journey along the yellow brick road, he's just fallen asleep in the poppy field again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm now hoping the flying monkeys find him asleep and cart him off - the useless cunt.

Edited by Gonzo

Voronin at least showed some signs of life tonight and although he isn't good enough for us i do believe that if he played for the likes of Fulham he wouldn't look too bad.

He wouldn't look too bad at the third division Fulham side of the 1980's, although I have my doubts.

You know straight away that a footballer is going to be shit when he looks like Barbara Streisand.

I thought Voronin did OK. Still not enough to make me want him around and his non celebration on Sunday really pissed me off. I may be being harsh for that, but i expect our players to look happy when we score.

As for babel, i have given up. I hope we sell him and get a good price.

Babel will never be a footballer and the sooner we realise this and pass him on to Rap-A-Lot Records the better.

Voronin looked startled to see the ball whenever it came near him, like it was the thing he least expected.

The problem is that Babel is not very good at either, the cunt.

I musta been watching a different game cos Voronin couldnt pass wind last night. He ran alrite, but sure that's the least you'd expect from any sports player. He was as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike. Fuckin can of piss.

Babel... well that's a fuckin conundrum all by itself.

These 2 haven't been good enough for a long time now. Its not a new revelation. Cant understand the mentality of coming on here telling players to Fuck off. I know its frustrating but I'm sure given the opportunity to straighten their feet out or have the ability and brains to do something more creative then they would actually contribute to this team.

They are not good enough to wear red. Simple as that. Is it worth the vitriol? God knows we get enough shite and rubbish clogging up the football forum as it is.

I refuse to believe Ryan Babel is a footballer.

We can say players some of our players are shit but we know that they have some type of football brain in most cases. Even the much maligned Voronin is a decent ''footballer'' and knows how to pick the odd pass and bring people into play every so often or play the occasional through ball to someone.

Not Babel though, he lacks a football brain, no heart or fight and on a limb now I am going to say he has been (for the reputation he had when we signed him) the second biggest disappointment of any player I can ever remember us signing bar Diouf but even that is a close one now as at least as much as a cunt as Diouf was he did look like he gave a fuck.

He should have been shining in that type of game last night. He was easily the worst player on the pitch which is a new low for him. I have only ever hated a few Liverpool players in the past. Phil Babb, Harry Kewell, El-Hadji Diouf being the obvious three amongst a few others but now I think I can add this waster to the list. Garbage. Easily just behind Diouf for one of the worst signings in our history when you think of value for money and what we got out of that player.

I reckon at this rate we may get a packet of Skittles back for him if and when we sell him.

Voronin is shit. For his supposed technical ability, he's sure got a problem with controlling the ball. The amount of times he gave away possession last night - especially in the first half - was infuriating.

I refuse to believe that Pacheco wouldn't have done better.

He was with Spain.

He was with Spain.

Ok, didn't know that.

As for Babel it is sad to see a talent go down the drain like that. From being one of the most sought after young players in Europe a couple of years ago, yesterday he got nothing out of playing against an inexperienced right back.

Voronin improved as the game went on, but at half time i was cursing his name too. But, i have to be fair, he did improve a lot in the 2nd half. Don't forget: he hasn't played much. I think he's alwasy going to be a frustrating player, but there's no doubt he has some ability. Whether we ever see the best of him is another matter...

Plessis on the other hand... Anybody tell me what his game is?

Who was stupid enough to waste 11m of the clubs money on the twat in the first place?

Same bloke as the "idiot" who bought Torres for £21m at the same time.

0 for Babel still gives us the best striker in the world for £31m, which is a fraction of what we could get for him now.

Mourinho (Shevchenko £30m), Wenger (Jeffers £10m when it was worth a lot more ) & GinSoak (Berbatov £35m!!) have all had shockers with strikers.

Overall Rafa has a more efficient record than any of those 3.

Now that could mean that they are all rubbish but that is getting into Code-esque territory.

I thought Voronin did ok last night,worked hard but never had good enough players around him...still think he is a useless fat cunt who should be sold at the earliest oppurtunity ..but at least he had a go

Babel ...where do I start,I was constantly texting my cousin who was at the game saying get this gutless twat off,the times I nearly threw something at the TV because of him

I can honestly say I dislike (hate) him as much as any other Liverpool player in the best

The rest of the lads had a go last night,so no complaints...apart form that Waste of Spunk Babel (CUNT)

I refuse to believe Ryan Babel is a footballer.

He should have been shining in that type of game last night. He was easily the worst player on the pitch which is a new low for him. I have only ever hated a few Liverpool players in the past. Phil Babb, Harry Kewell, El-Hadji Diouf being the obvious three amongst a few others but now I think I can add this waster to the list. Garbage. Easily just behind Diouf for one of the worst signings in our history when you think of value for money and what we got out of that player.

Totally agree with that, I've only really hated Paul Stewart and Phil Babb before now but I really really hate Babel.