You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

Champ I need to ask you a question as the resident 'fairly level headed' female (whats happened to melons?)

I took the missus out last night, we were meant to be going to the pictures but ended up having a few drinks then going for dinner. We got in the restaurant and ordered drinks and stuff, then I realised I only had my bank-card and no cash to leave a tip so left to go to the cashpoint. As i'm leaving the restaurant, my ex of 3 and a half years (Mercedes) who i broke up with just before I got with Helaina walks in with her new fella and his kids. (she lives in Dubai and works for emirates airlines so i was surprised she was even in the country)

She didn't notice me but her new fella gave a second glance and we just had that knowing stare and he just nodded his head as if to let on. that was it.

I walk back in and Mercedes and her lot are out of view of Helaina who was facing the other way and oblivious. So i sat down and thought, best not say anything and the whole meal be about my ex and shit, i'll just tell her when we have left.

Mercedes' fella must have said something because I saw her get up to go upstairs to the toilet and she was looking around a bit, she didn't see me but as she came back down she did, we made eye contact and both let out a weird smile/laugh as you would I guess (not seen her for 8 months or so).

Helaina saw me do this and asked what was up, I said nothing but i'm a shit blagger and she was onto me and jokingly said 'Has Mercedes just walked in or something?' to which i reply 'actually yeah she is sat over there'. Initially we both laughed about it as Helaina is quite laid back and normally chilled about shit like that.

Anyway we finish up and leave , girl being a girl she looks at mercedes who looks back (I will add that mercedes looked truly gutted because its the first time she has ever seen me with another girl) now Helaina has a few insecurities about her appearance as most women do and has always said she think Mercedes is really pretty and stuff.

So.... we go to another bar and next thing i'm a cunt for not telling her right away that Mercedes was in there! I told her I didn't as didn't want an uncomfortable meal etc.... did I do the right thing? Or should I have told her and risked making her uncomfortable....

There was no correct way to act in this situation that wouldn't have resulted in you looking or feeling like a cunt. Regardless of the the fact that you don't have Mercedes on a remote control, it was still your fault that she walked in there. Champ might say differently, but I'm from a small place so I've been in this situation more than once and tried handling it various ways. Guess what? A cunt every time.

Secondly, did you have a bird before you had a bird? News to me.

Champ I need to ask you a question as the resident 'fairly level headed' female (whats happened to melons?)

So.... we go to another bar and next thing i'm a cunt for not telling her right away that Mercedes was in there! I told her I didn't as didn't want an uncomfortable meal etc.... did I do the right thing? Or should I have told her and risked making her uncomfortable....

The only 'resident' woman! Always happy to help but in reality I think melons is in a far better position to answer you question, B, having recent experience of the dating game.

FWIW, if you're asking how I'd feel and react, I'd say you did the right thing and that is what I would have done...and try to engineer the inevitable meeting as best I could and if I was your other half I would understand why you acted as you did.

However, I am old and not in the early stages of a relationship, so if you're asking if you did the right thing to show Helaina that you were not in any way pleased to see your ex (what's with the exotic names, Stig?) you probably should have told her straightaway, in that way demonstrating that your focus is her and that there is no 'secret' with Mercedes that she isnt part of. That's not what you wanted to hear, is it?

Comfort yourself with that old truism of the relationship game, 'you cant do right for doing wrong'......and that bit will never change!

There was no correct way to act in this situation that wouldn't have resulted in you looking or feeling like a cunt. Regardless of the the fact that you don't have Mercedes on a remote control, it was still your fault that she walked in there. Champ might say differently, but I'm from a small place so I've been in this situation more than once and tried handling it various ways. Guess what? A cunt every time.

Secondly, did you have a bird before you had a bird? News to me.

haha you tit

But yeah you are right. My fault she is even back home let alone in the same place.

The only 'resident' woman! Always happy to help but in reality I think melons is in a far better position to answer you question, B, having recent experience of the dating game.

FWIW, if you're asking how I'd feel and react, I'd say you did the right thing and that is what I would have done...and try to engineer the inevitable meeting as best I could and if I was your other half I would understand why you acted as you did.

However, I am old and not in the early stages of a relationship, so if you're asking if you did the right thing to show Helaina that you were not in any way pleased to see your ex (what's with the exotic names, Stig?) you probably should have told her straightaway, in that way demonstrating that your focus is her and that there is no 'secret' with Mercedes that she isnt part of. That's not what you wanted to hear, is it?

Comfort yourself with that old truism of the relationship game, 'you cant do right for doing wrong'......and that bit will never change!

Thanks x

Fucking hell, Stig, schoolboy error

I'm sure you don't need telling that in certain situations it is impossible to win. Dammed if you and dammed if you don't

If you had mentioned it to your bird she would have had a cob on all night and it would have been shit...you didn't mention it so your bird will have a cob on for the next day or 2 and it will be shit

Go out with your mates and get pissed

Fucking hell, Stig, schoolboy error

I'm sure you don't need telling that in certain situations it is impossible to win. Dammed if you and dammed if you don't

If you had mentioned it to your bird she would have had a cob on all night and it would have been shit...you didn't mention it so your bird will have a cob on for the next day or 2 and it will be shit

Go out with your mates and get pissed

she is on 12-10's all weekend so that's what I intend to do

fuck being a bloke sometimes

Oh, and another thing, Mercedes, wtf?

I assumed this was a joke name or something. Who would call their child Mercedes? I thought this sort of thing only went on in those embarrassingly dreadful chav tv progs. I refuse to believe this sort of behaviour has made the jump into real life

I really can't envisage what sort of thought process would end up in a situation where a German car brand is an acceptable name...unless industrial amounts of drink/drugs played their part

Oh, and another thing, Mercedes, wtf?

I assumed this was a joke name or something. Who would call their child Mercedes? I thought this sort of thing only went on in those embarrassingly dreadful chav tv progs. I refuse to believe this sort of behaviour has made the jump into real life

I really can't envisage what sort of thought process would end up in a situation where a German car brand is an acceptable name...unless industrial amounts of drink/drugs played their part

Strangely, her Mum and family are quite affluent. her mum is some sort of high up IBM person. She is 25 though and i guess chav shit is fairly new so she is unfortunate.

fit though. fake chebs. fits the stereotype looks wise and job wise as it goes.

Yep' date=' certainly is. Play it down over the weekend, and have some flowers delivered to her work on monday. Mercedes will be back to being just another brand of car in no time.[/quote']

Bad bad idea. Flowers after an 'incident' have guilt written all over them

Bad bad idea. Flowers after an 'incident' have guilt written all over them

yeah i'm not going to do anything to overly apologise. i'll just do my usual 'ignore and it will go away' thing.

she has just come in and given me a big kiss before work so all should be fine. (till she texts me later and i'm in the pub)

She made us some nachos the other night. I have jalapenos and she doesn't like them so she just puts them on one half of the dish. I'm sat on the couch waiting for her to bring them in and she says that we'll have to swap seats because the jalapenos are on the other side. It took her a few seconds to realise she could just turn the dish around.

She made us some nachos the other night. I have jalapenos and she doesn't like them so she just puts them on one half of the dish. I'm sat on the couch waiting for her to bring them in and she says that we'll have to swap seats because the jalapenos are on the other side. It took her a few seconds to realise she could just turn the dish around.

brilliant

I took the missus out last night, we were meant to be going to the pictures but ended up having a few drinks then going for dinner. We got in the restaurant and ordered drinks and stuff, then I realised I only had my bank-card and no cash to leave a tip so left to go to the cashpoint. As i'm leaving the restaurant, my ex of 3 and a half years (Mercedes) who i broke up with just before I got with Helaina walks in with her new fella and his kids. (she lives in Dubai and works for emirates airlines so i was surprised she was even in the country)

She didn't notice me but her new fella gave a second glance and we just had that knowing stare and he just nodded his head as if to let on. that was it.

I walk back in and Mercedes and her lot are out of view of Helaina who was facing the other way and oblivious. So i sat down and thought, best not say anything and the whole meal be about my ex and shit, i'll just tell her when we have left.

Mercedes' fella must have said something because I saw her get up to go upstairs to the toilet and she was looking around a bit, she didn't see me but as she came back down she did, we made eye contact and both let out a weird smile/laugh as you would I guess (not seen her for 8 months or so).

Helaina saw me do this and asked what was up, I said nothing but i'm a shit blagger and she was onto me and jokingly said 'Has Mercedes just walked in or something?' to which i reply 'actually yeah she is sat over there'. Initially we both laughed about it as Helaina is quite laid back and normally chilled about shit like that.

Anyway we finish up and leave , girl being a girl she looks at mercedes who looks back (I will add that mercedes looked truly gutted because its the first time she has ever seen me with another girl) now Helaina has a few insecurities about her appearance as most women do and has always said she think Mercedes is really pretty and stuff.

gaydar.jpg

Edited by RedinSweden
cocking stupid idiot

Oh' date=' and another thing, Mercedes, wtf?

I really can't envisage what sort of thought process would end up in a situation where a German car brand is an acceptable name...unless industrial amounts of drink/drugs played their part[/quote']

Bet shes a smooth ride though.

Play them off against each other and pork them both senseless. You will go to your grave with a huge shiteating grin on your dial as you remember how you beat two women at their own game. It's a rare victory to even beat one, unless she's a prostitute who gets flogged for money. Outwitting two of the cunning creatures will make you a legend and your praises will be sung at Odin's drinking table.