You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you give blood?

RedinSweden

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to give blood in Pelican House in Dublin back in around 1991 as they'd give you free glasses of Guinness once you were done. It was two half pints you’d get, and the nurses used to take turns serving, so you could just keep going up saying you’d like your second glass please to the new nurse on shift as they rotated it every 20 mins or so. Great days and a free way for a student to get pissed as having lost a pint of blood it didn’t take very long for the head to start spinning. Haven’t done it in years though.

I'm not allowed to give blood because I've received blood products that might have been infected with CJD. It's comforting that the NHS didn't have to much of a problem giving me the bloody stuff in the first place, but I'm not allowed to pass it on.

Same here. Would love to donate but they won't let me. I had a blood transfusion in 1982.

Maybe I've got the aids.

I'm not allowed to give blood because I've received blood products that might have been infected with CJD. It's comforting that the NHS didn't have to much of a problem giving me the bloody stuff in the first place, but I'm not allowed to pass it on.

SKI? A mad cow? No shit.

I'm O Neg and treated like a God by the nurses every time I go. Afterwards we have our choice of a small bottle of Guinness, minerals, crisps, biccies along with the usual freebies of pens, stickers and most recently sun visors for your car.

Giving blood rules.

Not gay myself, but I wouldn't even consider donating until the ban on gay men donating blood was lifted.

That said, if they're that desperate for blood, they can pay me for it: £65 a litre is fair, I figure.

A quarter of your blood for £65? Sounds reasonable to me.

They've a six-page document detailing why it's not a ban on gay men, just on men who gobble other men or do each other up the poop-chute.

So that's ok then.

I just had a look at the swedish site for an explanationand it says exactly the same thing. But it isn't just against you gayers rog, druggies, stedheads and prossies can't either.

I used to when I was young but then I started sleeping with copious amounts of women and am now too scared of being told Ive got the Aids. My blood is ab positive aswell which is quite rare (apperently) I only know that from the previous blood givings. Worked my way up from red,blue and some other colour card aswell.