You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

Under Hicks/Gillett the new stadium will never get out of the ground.

Indeed.

They’re just trying to find anyone willing to purchase the club including the debt then walk away with a nice little profit, plenty of “expenses” and the club in 300 million of debt.

Thanks DM.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under Hicks/Gillett the new stadium will never get out of the ground.

Yeah, might actually be a good thing too if they hurry up and get the fuck out. It looks like a neat stadium they had designed and all, (and maybe someone else can go ahead with it.) but if our debt was 650-700mil or so with those in charge, we'd almost definitely be in the type of trouble that would make these days look good in comparison.

Even the Mancs themselves, I really wonder what'll happen if they start declining, they could be in massive trouble for years to come.

The recent deal with the Banks (if press reports are accurate) says that the debt on the Owners has fallen from £290m to £230m,but the debt the Club owes to the Caymen offshoot Branch (Kop Football) has risen from £60m to £120m.

In effect the debt hasn't been reduced, merely borrowed off "Peter to pay Paul"

Where the fuck has it gone. Bank fees and interest and stupid plans for a never to be built stadium.

The mad thing for me is just when you think it cannot get any worse, it fucken does.

The Unholly alliance that is Hicks & Rafa with thought off the worse Alliance of Parry & Gillett

I dont think you will see Rafa lay into Hicks in any great way he may express his dismay at the club for not letting him have more money but not at Hicks, no point pissing off your number one ally in the club

I don't think it's that.Getting so close last season Rafa probably sees this season as his best chance of winning the league. He isn't going to put that at risk by embroiling himself in a slanging match with the owners.If there is no money to spend this season getting into an argument this late isn't going to change that fact.Whether he succeeds or not with winning expect explosions come May next year if the situation hasn't changed.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Don't kid yourself.

Hicks would sack his wife if it was in hs best Interest.

I'm really not that into comedy

And in regards to your comments about the £60 million they've had to plough in being moved onto the holding company, your speculating

Rafa is keeping his powder dry for a few reasons

The Unholly alliance that is Hicks & Rafa with thought off the worse Alliance of Parry & Gillett

I dont think you will see Rafa lay into Hicks in any great way he may express his dismay at the club for not letting him have more money but not at Hicks, no point pissing off your number one ally in the club

Your seriously suggesting that Rafa is closer to Tom Hicks than he is to anyone else at the club?

And in regards to your comments about the £60 million they've had to plough in being moved onto the holding company, your speculating

Am I,go and do a bit of research.

Do me a favour,keep your Powder dry!

Am I,go and do a bit of research.

Do me a favour,keep your Powder dry!

Oh John you do make me laugh

Bless

Anyone?

I know that you are much more aware of the goings on than most and it is little lines like that which give me some hope.

Not a lot of hope but some is better than none.

Not all is as it seems. I think we got some money and Rafa is keeping his cards close.

Fuck the American yanks but I dont think they took all the money from the transfers to the banks.

Rafa might be keeping his podwer dry for now but I know that he has a few hidden aces up his sleeve no matter how many steps ahead the onwers might be.

I was about to do this as a new thread, but then realised there was a related one open and so I've put it here:

As the start of the season approaches, the fact that the transfer window is still open gets somewhat overlooked. In previous windows clubs have made significant moves right up to the final hour (Robinho and Keane both spring to mind). So, with lots of clubs in England and Europe still having the potential for significant spending, who do you think could move and where would they go?

I have to say that I'm very surprised that The Mancs haven't gone for either Villa or Aguero with that cash burning a hole in their pockets. I know the latter has said he wants to stay in Spain, but that can change - especially as Spanish doors close (as they appear to have done for him). I'm also surprised Ribery hasn't moved, despite the ridiculous sums Bayern are holding out for.

Obviously those players are at the very top of the market, but are there any others you think could go? I wonder if Ashley Young might leave Villa, although it's hard to see where for apart from to us.

Any thoughts?

11.22 Skysports.com understands Liverpool, West Ham and Fulham are all considering bids for Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross, with the Anfield outfit understood to be leading the race for his services.

We obviously thought of considering a bid first then.

Superb journalism.

I was about to do this as a new thread, but then realised there was a related one open and so I've put it here:

As the start of the season approaches, the fact that the transfer window is still open gets somewhat overlooked. In previous windows clubs have made significant moves right up to the final hour (Robinho and Keane both spring to mind). So, with lots of clubs in England and Europe still having the potential for significant spending, who do you think could move and where would they go?

I have to say that I'm very surprised that The Mancs haven't gone for either Villa or Aguero with that cash burning a hole in their pockets. I know the latter has said he wants to stay in Spain, but that can change - especially as Spanish doors close (as they appear to have done for him). I'm also surprised Ribery hasn't moved, despite the ridiculous sums Bayern are holding out for.

Obviously those players are at the very top of the market, but are there any others you think could go? I wonder if Ashley Young might leave Villa, although it's hard to see where for apart from to us.

Any thoughts?

Maradona wasn't impressed with Ferguson's treatment of Tevez last year, so I'd imagine he's strongly advised his son-in-law Aguero against joining them.

Great quote from El Diego here:

"I spoke with Tevez on the phone and the first thing he said to me was, 'That old man doesn’t like me. He’s not playing me and he’s lowering my value,'" Maradona is quoted as saying.

Any thoughts?

The Manure board wouldn't let Slur Alex get Villa he's too old according to their new player recruitment policy. 50m for someone 27 going on 28 is well outside the parameters they've set.

Aguero where would he fit? He wants to play in the same space as Rooney. They've already unloaded an argie that fits that profile so why spend 50m to have the same problem again. Manure need a focal point more than anything else.

Chelsea are the ones who have surprised me, they need people for the right side of that 442. They have literally no-one who is a natural right sided midfielder .

The Manure board wouldn't let Slur Alex get Villa he's too old according to their new player recruitment policy. 50m for someone 27 going on 28 is well outside the parameters they've set.

Aguero where would he fit? He wants to play in the same space as Rooney. They've already unloaded an argie that fits that profile so why spend 50m to have the same problem again. Manure need a focal point more than anything else.

Chelsea are the ones who have surprised me, they need people for the right side of that 442. They have literally no-one who is a natural right sided midfielder .

What, like Owen was under 27? That was just some old rubbish trotted out by United to throw people off. Every window, Ferguson gives it the "we don't need to buy anyone and we won't sign anyone" before lashing out £15 million on someone.

I personally think that the Glazers had most of the Ronaldo money to service some debt. We'll see I guess.

What do you suggest I do?

Firstly, in terms of the owners, i know you do a hell of alot already, more than I do, so Im not trying to be some smart arse OOT suggesting you wind your neck in. I realise you've done alot with SoS and now with ? the supporters club ? so credit where its due. With the owners I dont know what can be done.

However, it's clear that alot of anger about the clubs situation remains and this general sense of unrest has been skillfully manipulated to be directed away from the owners and board and toward the manager. Given a 20 year high in the league, I think that in footballing terms we are as strong as we've been sicne Kennys reign, so that anger is being vented, incorrectly IMHO, at the wrong person it has also stopped being constructive and became personal in your posts.

Part of that skillful manipulation, its true to say, was that you were used, wether willfully or not to fight a battle for someone who was been refereed to as 'Coco the Clown' for all the time I have frequented this message board. Isnt it ironic that you were asked to 'spread the word' and 'Spin' against Rafa, of his stubborness, his inability to work with others, him being a control freak and most damningly of all, just wanting more money, and not having the clubs best intersts at heart, when in fact that is exactly the picture many of us had about Slick Rick himself.

Remember the DIC deal falling through ? Who got a new ferrari and kept on for two years ? Who would have been out on his ear if DIC had come in ? Who had his son as a coach at the academy ? Who failed to build a new stadium in his 10 years at the club, who failed to get the right investment after several years searching ? Who failed to look into Hicks background ? Indeed, did Rick achieve any of the things he was brought in to do during his 'reign' as CEO ? No, he was the clown a total and utter failure.

Its also true that when the Prem started, in his role as head of the Prem board (or whatever it was), he leaked to SKY the price ITV had offered, therefore inviting a higher bid. ITV thoguht they had the deal sewn up, but somehow Sky managed to just beat it ! Does that tactic sound familiar ? Does it not sound, 16 years on like the tactic used on DIC by Rick ? Therefore, for an extra 8m to his mate Dave and his new 2 year deal and ferrari, Rick is also directly responsible for the failure of DIC to take over the club. Personally, thats the biggest F up of all.

So for me there was only one control freak, one person in it for the money and himself and thats Rick, who spent his last year trying to get Rafa out of the position, just so he could keep his job, his sons job and not for the benefit of the club.

You backed all that, you were activley invovled in that spin and Id just like it to stop. Had the fans not started to vent the frustrations at the manager, maybe, just maybe, they'd have continued to focus their attentions on the owners and realised a way to sort this mess out.

This doesnt of course mean we dont make mistakes, that Rafa is god, or that we dont spunk good money up the wall, as we do. It doesnt mean Rafa knows everything or that he doesn't get things wrong, he does. It just means that in a season where we have a 20 year high, its not our on field activities the fans should be concerned about, over and above anyfan wanting his team to win, where this club is rotten and decaying is in the middle, away from the pitch ,so lets focus on that and target that.

What, like Owen was under 27? That was just some old rubbish trotted out by United to throw people off. Every window, Ferguson gives it the "we don't need to buy anyone and we won't sign anyone" before lashing out £15 million on someone.

I personally think that the Glazers had most of the Ronaldo money to service some debt. We'll see I guess.

They didn't pay a fee for Owen. You may be right though, it could be BS, but having looked at their finances, I've been waiting for a while for stuff to happen to address it and this seems completely in line with that.