You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even that he doesn't want to give a Jay a chance, it's the fact that that waster Plessis is even close to the first team.

That I cannot argue with, there is a possibility that Jay is not good enough either.

Just a thought.

For the record I think for one season Plessis should just clean the players boots. Wether it would work is immaterial, I would just like to see him do it.

There's no way Speo should be spitting out his dummy (not that he seems the kind of lad who would do). This is a massive season for him at Liverpool and chances will deffo come his way, in my view.

Agree, he'll probably play against Leeds.

Whether he merits a go, I'm unconvinced. Time will tell ..

3-0 up at home against a newly promoted team who are really trying but are ultimately extremely limited. If that's not the perfect chance to give a young lad his Premiership debut then I don't know what is.

Surely he could have been given 15 minutes?

3-0 up at home against a newly promoted team who are really trying but are ultimately extremely limited. If that's not the perfect chance to give a young lad his Premiership debut then I don't know what is.

If Speo was young and spanish he'd be given a chance, and most of our fans from outside Liverpool would be wanting him to play more as well.

Ted, there isn't even a couple of days grace to enjoy the victory. It's like some people jst have to find something to pick at immediately, even during the last few minutes of the match itself. It could have waited till Monday. But no, it has to start immediately. There was a lad on the match thread who posted something I'd rather he hadn't about what will the anti-Rafa brigade do with themselves over the weekend, and he rightly got slaughtered for it. But it was prescient.

For me getting on the bench during the season so far is progression for Jay and if he continues to impress in training then hopefully his chance will come.

Without any doubt in my mind Spearing will not be at Melwood sulking he will have loved been on the bench chomping at the bit to get on the pitch.

Jay has worked extremely hard to get into this position and its the lads dream and no doubt that of his family for him to play for Liverpool so why the fuck would he throw it all away by asking to leave when he is now involved in the first team squad.

This season is about getting used to being around the first team squad and hopefully appearances in the Carling Cup and depending on the draw maybe even the FA Cup and quite possibly the Champions League.

This will all be superb experience for the lad and will set him up for next season to continue his push into the starting eleven or at least regular appearances from the bench.

For me getting on the bench during the season so far is progression for Jay and if he continues to impress in training then hopefully his chance will come.

Without any doubt in my mind Spearing will not be at Melwood sulking he will have loved been on the bench chomping at the bit to get on the pitch.

Jay has worked extremely hard to get into this position and its the lads dream and no doubt that of his family for him to play for Liverpool so why the fuck would he throw it all away by asking to leave when he is now involved in the first team squad.

This season is about get used to being around the first team squad and hopefully appearances in the Carling Cup and depending on te draw maybe even the FA Cup and quite possibly the Champions League.

This will all be superb experience for the lad and will set him up for next season to continue his push into the starting eleven or at least regular appearances from the bench.

He's been impressing in training for two years.

What position is he in exactly? That of being behind a player who's attitude would make Stan Collymore look like Judge Reinhold?

He's been around the first team squad for two years through the Champion's League quota.

Superb experience is watching Voronin coming off the bench ahead of him? Voronin, a player who once said 'I don't give a damn what the English club thinks' when asked about what Liverpool would think of his Hertha form.

You'll never know if he's not good enough if you don't see him play in the fucking first team.

Yes, you will. The coaching staff watch the players in training every day, and most of the youngsters at the club are shipped out without ever getting a game for the first team.

Spearing has though, and making the bench means he's close. If Rafa deemed him useless, he would not have made the bench yesterday ahead of, say, Plessis.

From what little I've seen from Spearing, I doubt he's good enough to play central midfield for Liverpool.

No shame in that, neither am I. And I doubt Rafa would have to give me a game to know, he'd send me packing from Melwood half-way through the first five-aside game.

I agree. He brought N'gog on. Why not Speo?

So your asking a kid to write fuck on his dream and ask to leave and no doubt join a club either lower in the Premier League or possibly in the Championship.

His appearance against Real Madrid will have been an unbelievable buzz for the lad and wanted him craving more and therefore he will continue working hard and waiting for his chance to come.

If he speaks out he is gone and there will be no turning back but instead he will keep pushing for his chance.

Im a big fan of Jay and seen the lad play countless times over this last two seasons and i know exactly what he is capable of but one thing i will say is he is no Gerrard in that he demands to be in the team from an early age.

What Jay is is a very important type of player that you need in your team in that he will always give you his best and never let anyone down.

He also is strong in the tackle and has a good passing range.

Whilst i would love to see the lad play as much as anyone yesterday Torres was struggling so was replaced by N'Gog, Kuyt needed a rest to be ready for midweek and therefore replaced by Voronin and Johnson like Kuyt needed the rest and replaced by Degen.

Lucas and especially Gerrard were playing well with the latter controlling the game so it was right to keep both players on.

Im just glad Jay has more patientence then many people on here.

Rafa is too pragmatic to let sentiment influence his decisions. Obviously all local fans want to see more local players coming through into the first team, but Rafa isn't thinking that way. He's thinking about who's played in internationals, their general levels of fitness, how hard they've worked during the game and a bunch of other stuff. He's not just going to bring someone on because they're scouse and it will please some people on this messageboard.