You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I go fishing a lot but have not had a chance this summer. I may go out tomorrow afternoon before I head away again.

My PB's are:

Carp 27lb 3oz

Tench 8lb 5oz

Bream 9lb

Barbel 9lb 6oz

Chub 6lb 2oz

Perch 3lb+

Roach 2lb 9oz

Rudd 2lb+

Crucian Carp 2lb+

I love fishing me. I'm only just getting into it, but my Dad's mate has been for years and he takes me when he goes further afield. For me it was always about the day out, it;s so relaxing, just chill out in the countryside, a couple of butties and just commune with nature. You can't beat it.

River Fishing in the middle of nowhere is fantastic. Just you, the river, a herd of cows and the sound of flowing water. Barbel are the meanest fighters as well when you throw in the current to the equation.

That's the one Fuge, River fishing is where it's at. It's just a different world, peaceful, fresh and just relaxing. Trees, birds, the sound of water, it does the soul good.

I've always wanted to go for a day out Sea fishing for Bass and that, just sit on a boat, and watch the waves go by.

I went fishing once, when I was about 14 with a mate of mine from school and his dad. I'd never been fishing before so when I got my first bite I was made up, i pulled an eel out of the water and my mates dad took control and took it off the line. He grabbed it by the tail and twatted it 3 times against the edge of the canal killing it and then threw it into the bushes. He looked at us and said "Never give an eel a chance" and then carried on fishing.

If anyone can ease my nightmares by telling me why he did that it would be a great help

That's the one Fuge, River fishing is where it's at. It's just a different world, peaceful, fresh and just relaxing. Trees, birds, the sound of water, it does the soul good.

I've always wanted to go for a day out Sea fishing for Bass and that, just sit on a boat, and watch the waves go by.

Sea bass is the fish of the gods.

My experience of fishing is mainly crustacean. It was a punishment for doing some stupid arse thing wrong becasue i got sea sick. I used to have to go out about 10 times a season.

Anyway, at the age of 14 i could do 20 fleets (a fleet can have anything from 10-20 pots on average) of these babies in a day.

they would be lifted out the sea, emptied, bated, stacked on the boat and then thrown back in order once that fleet had been dealt with.

I know this isn't what your talking about i just wanted to brag about my abilities to 'fish'.

2953555525_abe39882bc.jpg

Sea bass is the fish of the gods.

My experience of fishing is mainly crustacean. It was a punishment for doing some stupid arse thing wrong becasue i got sea sick. I used to have to go out about 10 times a season.

Anyway, at the age of 14 i could do 20 fleets (a fleet can have anything from 10-20 pots on average) of these babies in a day.

they would be lifted out the sea, emptied, bated, stacked on the boat and then thrown back in order once that fleet had been dealt with.

I know this isn't what your talking about i just wanted to brag about my abilities to 'fish'.

2953555525_abe39882bc.jpg

By 'fleets' you mean boats full of big hairy Ukranian sailors called Stanislaus and Sergey don't you?

I thought this thread had bombed as my threads usually do, then up pops D Usher with his 5 hour delayed reply.

Yeah it was Lathom by the way Dave, it's alright there isn't it? Apart from when they have matches and all these cliquey woolybacks get priority on the good lake and shout to each other in annoying accents. Theres always one called Bernie as well.

"Ey Bernie wur wur you laaaast night in' feathers??"

Fuck off Bernie.

And yes Fishing is well boss. I'm really getting into making my own bait at the moment. I've been frying luncheon meat in a pan with a bit of marmite/oxo. They fucking love that.

Paprika flavoured Luncheon Meat is a winner. I've caught some crackers using it. Lay it over a decent sized bed of Hemp, mashed up sweetcorn, some Halibut feeder pellets and you will be knocking them out all day.

Aniseed sweetcorn, Cockles and Calamari Squid always do the job as well.

I've decided to go down to Cudmore tomorrow to have a crack on Milo.

I thought this thread had bombed as my threads usually do, then up pops D Usher with his 5 hour delayed reply.

Yeah it was Lathom by the way Dave, it's alright there isn't it? Apart from when they have matches and all these cliquey woolybacks get priority on the good lake and shout to each other in annoying accents. Theres always one called Bernie as well.

"Ey Bernie wur wur you laaaast night in' feathers??"

Fuck off Bernie.

And yes Fishing is well boss. I'm really getting into making my own bait at the moment. I've been frying luncheon meat in a pan with a bit of marmite/oxo. They fucking love that.

The place I normally fish is called Platts Lane, just up the road from Lathom. I couldn't get on there the other week because they have matches on a tuesday and don't let you on. I went to Sephton Farm, and it was really good. I lost a double figure carp because I was using fairly light tackle, and after a 15 minute fight I thought I had it, but it made one last kick to escape the landing net, ended up in the reeds and snapped me. Gutted.

Paprika flavoured Luncheon Meat is a winner. I've caught some crackers using it. Lay it over a decent sized bed of Hemp, mashed up sweetcorn, some Halibut feeder pellets and you will be knocking them out all day.

Aniseed sweetcorn, Cockles and Calamari Squid always do the job as well.

I've decided to go down to Cudmore tomorrow to have a crack on Milo.

Never tried none of that fancy shit bait, I normally just use normal luncheon meat, but I'm gonna give that a go.

I used to sea fish quite a bit, but got pissed off not catching anything as the inshore fishing is poor. The trawlers come in too close and scooped up most of the fish. I invested quite a bit on good Shimano and Diawa reels and its a shame they're not being used. Might just take up river/lake fishing before the season ends.

Do you carp fishermen use that invisible line on your snoods? stuff like Berkley Vanish?

Do you carp fishermen use that invisible line on your snoods? stuff like Berkley Vanish?

What's a snood? And what's Berkley Vanish? Apparently the colour red is invisible under water, I have some red line but I've not used it yet.

I used to sea fish quite a bit, but got pissed off not catching anything as the inshore fishing is poor. The trawlers come in too close and scooped up most of the fish. I invested quite a bit on good Shimano and Diawa reels and its a shame they're not being used. Might just take up river/lake fishing before the season ends.

I use Berkley Iron Silk and Trilene XL.

The River Season runs from 16th June- 15th March and 99% of still waters are open to fish all year round.

woodlandscarp.jpg

I don't think that's a real fish. I reckon that's one of those musical fish that sing a song. A second after this photo was taken, the fish turned to the camera and sang 'don't worry, be happy!'

Or as it's your fish, maybe it said, 'no worries, be happy!' ;-)

I went fishing once, when I was about 14 with a mate of mine from school and his dad. I'd never been fishing before so when I got my first bite I was made up, i pulled an eel out of the water and my mates dad took control and took it off the line. He grabbed it by the tail and twatted it 3 times against the edge of the canal killing it and then threw it into the bushes. He looked at us and said "Never give an eel a chance" and then carried on fishing.

If anyone can ease my nightmares by telling me why he did that it would be a great help

I still want to know to silence the eels in my dreams