You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left back - Aurelio and Insua - Emergency - Johnson, Agger, and Darby

Right back - Johnson, Degen, Darby - Emergency - Carragher and Mascherano

Personally even if both Dossena and Arbeloa leave i would prefer to spend the cash elsewhere.

Left back - Aurelio and Insua - Emergency - Johnson, Agger, and Darby

Right back - Johnson, Degen, Darby - Emergency - Carragher and Mascherano

Personally even if both Dossena and Arbeloa leave i would prefer to spend the cash elsewhere.

Agreed, we have far more pressing issues to resolve.

A quality striker and a quality wide midfielder would make me less nervous about the coming season.

No more squad fillers!

Rome: accelerated by Voronin

25.07.2009 07.51 di Redazione TMW.

Source: COURIER SPORTS

According to the Corriere dello Sport today in the newsstand market of Rome seems to have entered into full swing, the title is clear: "Rome, shooting for Voronin.

The outside of the Ukrainian Liverpool is the right man for Spalletti and negotiation for Aquilani, (also repeatedly denied by the player's agent, Franco Zavaglia) could facilitate the transfer.

I'd love to go shooting for Voronin.

His natural habitat is Speke retail park, though he has been known to frequent Liverpool City Centre with a buggy and a woman dressed as Tony The Tiger.

A gentle beast, the Voronin was initially thought to only reside around Germania until the species was introduced into England by the Spanish. Although, at first, it seemed like The Voronin was adapting well to it's surroundings, it was becoming apparent that things weren't all well.

Health issues and trouble with the local dioalect led to less frequent sightings of the strikingly blonde rotund mammal. And, in the summer of 2008, the Spanish decided this particular animal was not suited for the wilds of the English and tried to re-introduce it into Germania. Some success was had with this, including the netting of several nets, but, ultimately, Germania had moved on from this particular species.

He now roams free. Ironically, he could be doing that soon in Rome.

Corriere dello Sport is the only Italian paper which has been pushing this Aqua link, I just don't believe we could be looking to take on a player still in rehab from his op last May and who won't even be in training till September at the earliest with no gurantees of when he would be fit. Menez is there, not had the greatest of seasons, still getting over injuries from the previous season. A player Rafa has shown interest in the past, from stories earlier in the close season it seems he may not have settled well there.

I dont think there is any way Rafa will not make replacements for his defence. I expect a cb to come in and a full back who can play either side if Dossenna and Arbeloa go.

Aurelio is very injury prone, Insua is good enough imo but if he has a few nightmares we dont know how he will react. Playing any of our others there is a risk and will weaken us significantly, i would play 3 at the back if Insua got hurt or lost form. I would not want to take Agger out of the centre.

If Johnson got injured i would be really worried as i dont want Darby to start in the first team as i think he is no where near ready or good enough, I think Degen will be okay but more for the domestic cups, i would hate to have to rely upon him and i dont want to take Masch out of the centre as that weakens our team significantly.

We need to be aiming for 90 points this year and we have to be nearly perfect and although our defence was very good we also made too many mistakes and mixing and matching will lead to even more. We have also seen in the past how we need 4 cb's.

I think we definitely need a winger and a back up striker but we cant neglect the defence, Rafa could get a cb for 2 or 3 mil and a fullback for about the same but i would not sell Arbeloa and Dossenna and not replace at least one of them. Dunne, Distin, Richards, Onuha will all be available for okay money imo and not sure what left backs are out there.

The fact Micah Richards can also play as full back maybe appealing but his attitude and swine flu may go against him.

I would never normally throw his name in but we need to keep the costs down which again frustrates me as we dont have the money available.

Well we could just get a stack of cardboard boxes to replace Dossena. It'd do pretty much the same as him.

Was gonna say that's not really fair on Casillas, but he plays for Madrid so fuck it.

I'm half wanting us to just get back from the far east now so we can see what happens with transfers, looks like there could be quite a bit going on next week. I don't think Richards is ready for Liverpool either, even though he could improve a lot if he came here so who knows.

Distin is getting constantly linked. I'm sure I remember seeing him filling in for full backs - for £3 million doesn't seem to bad as back up.

Distin can play left back but Pompey don't want to sell and Villa are interested so wouldn't be surprised if we get priced out of that deal. I doubt if Micah Richards would come cheap and I'd prefer Martin Kelly to be RB/CB cover. If Arbeloa and Dossena both leave we'll need someone to come in but it won't be easy to get the right player for the right price.

Distin is getting constantly linked. I'm sure I remember seeing him filling in for full backs - for £3 million doesn't seem to bad as back up.

Distin would be ideal i think, a good cb and i know he can cover left back, not sure about right back.

Karim Haggui was available on a free from Leverkusen. He's signed for Hanover, but he would have been a good backup.

Micah Richards is a horrible scumbag and hasn't played well for about two years. I'd rather spend the money increasing Mascherano's wages to keep him year for another couple of seaons.

I've heard loads of people saying similiar about Richards. What's he, allegedy, up to?

On the stuff Rio likes?

cant see us selling both doss and bob. would leave us too thin. sell the doss, keep bob and if he walks at the end of the season he walks. bob can cover both positions so he'd be more valuable overall. we'd lose out on a transfer fee, but i hear if you win the league you get a bit more money so maybe thats a fair tradeq

cant see us selling both doss and bob. would leave us too thin. sell the doss, keep bob and if he walks at the end of the season he walks. bob can cover both positions so he'd be more valuable overall. we'd lose out on a transfer fee, but i hear if you win the league you get a bit more money so maybe thats a fair tradeq

Rafa has said that they had opened talks with Arbeloa to extend and improve his contract. If that happened we would get a better price for him if he was moved on next year.

But Rafa also indicated that Arbeloa might want to move now.

I agree with you, we would be better off giving him another year and a raise.

Is it generally accepted that we have 20 million to spend?

We spent 17m on Johnson of which 7m was owed to us by Portsmouth.

So we spent 10m on Johnson which leaves us another 10m.

If we sell Arbeloa for the 4.5m bandied about in the papers today and maybe voronin for 2-3m.

Would 16-17m get us Silva?