You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is the title gone now?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read the whole thread, but here's the Mancs last seven games from the last five seasons:

2003-04: WLWLLDW - 11 POINTS DROPPED

2004-05: LLWWDLW - 11 POINTS DROPPED

2005-06: WWDWLDW - 7 POINTS DROPPED

2006-07: LWDWWDL - 9 POINTS DROPPED

2007-08: WDWDLWW - 7 POINTS DROPPED

Haven't read the whole thread, but here's the Mancs last seven games from the last five seasons:

Nice one Zig. You able to also show the league positions prior to those 7 games for each season, and after? Be good to see exactly what sort of pressure they were under in each season.

They won the title in 3 of those seasons didn't they? And were they ever under pressure going into the home straight?

Last season they won it by two points in their last game didn't they? Will have to look at the others, just copied and pasted those stats from somewhere else.

Our players really never give up do they? I admire their never say die attitude. I’m not going to disappoint them by saying “it’ over”. It ain’t! Go Redmen, you can still do this!

I’m not a religious man, but if there is a God, and if he likes football, after yesterday he must surely reconsider giving the mancs all the luck. It’s time now, God fellow, to put Fortuna on our shoulders for a while.

Nice one Zig. You able to also show the league positions prior to those 7 games for each season, and after? Be good to see exactly what sort of pressure they were under in each season.

On average, in the last sixteen seasons, they have dropped 6.1875 points in their last seven games.

NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

What' s this realistically it’s gone crap? Realistically we had lost it in Istanbul too. I don’t know what our chances are. But I do know you’d have gotten better odds on us winning at half time Istanbul than you’ll now get with any bookie on us bagging the title this year. I still have a dream, I still have songs to sing.

What' s this realistically it’s gone crap? Realistically we had lost it in Istanbul too. I don’t know what our chances are. But I do know you’d have gotten better odds on us winning at half time Istanbul than you’ll now get with any bookie on us bagging the title this year. I still have a dream, I still have songs to sing.

Istanbul was in our hands, this isn't

Last season, they won it by two points in their last game, but still dropped seven in seven.

Season before they won it by six points, but Chelsea dropped ten in their last five games while the Mancs dropped nine.

05/06 they lost the league by eight points, dropping seven in their last seven games.

03/04 and 04/05 they weren't in the race.

Damn it! We need them to drop 6.1876

Point is throughout their most successful era, they have dropped enough points in their last seven games, on average, for us to pip them if we were in this situation and had won all our games.

We need to try to win our last five games, even if it is gone. Stranger things have happened in football.

What do you mean? I've been saying my thoughts on Benitez all season and now he has got a five year contract for 3 trophiless seasons. Not worth having a go anymore cause he is going no where no matter what now.

3 trophiless seasons perhaps. But we have made huge strides forward in terms of the capability of our squad. With one or two decent additions to our squad in the summer we will be ready for a full tilt league challenge next season.

Add to this the good lads in reserve and the excellent academy kids we have and the club is a very different club to what he inherited in 2004.

Rafa and the squad have proven to the doubters that we are good enough to win the league. IMO there was never a doubt in my mind that Rafa was good enough to win us the league but he needed the right furniture. He he 90% of that now, two good summer additions and we are there.

Even the most hardened antirafaite would have to admit that we are world away from where we were in 2004. Why would that progression not continue?

Come on folks, where's the bulldog spirit?

We are Winston Churchill standing amongst the ruins of the bombed out East End during the height of the Blitz, all seems lost. The vultures are circling and yet we are stand there, flicking the "V's" to the Nazi's/Luftwaffe.

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..."

38110148.jpg

Bring it on!!!

If the mancs get 6 points in their next 2 games then the title is over but until then i live in hope.

That’s too close to what comes out of a bull’s ass to smell the difference. If the mancs win their next two games they still have to play 5 more games incl. Citeh, Arse an Boro. I admit it’s theirs to loose, and odds might be against us, but even if they beat Pompey and Spurs it’s not over – no way.

It’s over when it’s over. Even if they’re 3 points ahead going into the last round, it’s not over. Let’s say Hull are 100/1 to win it. Slim chance yes, but stranger things have happened.

Crouchamania to run wild tomorrow and it'll be back on.

Come on aws, do your thing.

Already done it once but for those who missed it:

0-1(Crouch).

Of course it's not over. The Mancs have got seven games to go and (like most of the season) haven't looked very good lately. They might hit some form and rattle through their games. They might continue to stutter and the breaks might not continue to go their way. Who knows?

A proper title race is a real roller-coaster and if you can't hack it stick to the seesaw.

That’s too close to what comes out of a bull’s ass to smell the difference. If the mancs win their next two games they still have to play 5 more games incl. Citeh, Arse an Boro. I admit it’s theirs to loose, and odds might be against us, but even if they beat Pompey and Spurs it’s not over – no way.

It’s over when it’s over. Even if they’re 3 points ahead going into the last round, it’s not over. Let’s say Hull are 100/1 to win it. Slim chance yes, but stranger things have happened.

If they need 3 points at Hull they won't get them. Late Nicky Barmby goal. You heard it here first.