You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

the greatest ever liverpool player,

artursgloves

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Babel, Molby, Whelan, Aldo, Barnes, Beardsley, Heighway, Tosh, St John, Yeats, Dalglish, Gerrard, Alonso, Rushy, Terry Mac, Cally, Nicol, Keegan, Jocky, Barnie Rubble, Fowler, Hyppia, ....

Probably Dalglish or Gerrard

What the fuck????

May as well throw Dundee and Ferri in whilst you're at it.

For me it's Stevie or Kenny. Gerrard will probably be the greatest when his career is over though and I can see him managing us in the future as well.

Babel? Babel?? fuckin' Babel???

BABEL?

What the fuck????

May as well throw Dundee and Ferri in whilst you're at it.

For me it's Stevie or Kenny. Gerrard will probably be the greatest when his career is over though and I can see him managing us in the future as well.

Mis-spelling of Babbel, surely? Not that I'd have Markus in there either, brilliant as he was that season.

The best? Kenny. No-one will ever replace the nostalgic icon that is the King, two arms outstretched with all the joy he could muster. A genius.

My favourite? Kenny for the reason above. Current team? Dirk.

Kuyt??? Out of the current squad, Reina, Torres, Big Sami, Carra, Xabi, Masch and Stevie could all be legends (if not already) but Dirk??

The best? Kenny. No-one will ever replace the nostalgic icon that is the King, two arms outstretched with all the joy he could muster. A genius.

My favourite? Kenny for the reason above. Current team? Dirk.

Kuyt??? Out of the current squad, Reina, Torres, Big Sami, Carra, Xabi, Masch and Stevie could all be legends (if not already) but Dirk??

Yes.

If he was a women I'd stalk her. Hell I'm tempted to do it anyway just to get a hug off the big guy.

Barnes for me. Didn't get to watch too much of King Kenny. Barnes stood out like a beacon in a truly great side. Sadly never got the chance to dominate in European competitions(which I'm 100 % sure he would have done) and injuries took their toll on him. Still loved him even when he could barely move in the middle of the park, passing it sideways;-)

Gerrard has tremendous physical attributes which make him a phenomenal player, but as a "proper footballer" he doesn't reach the heights of Barnes (or Dalglish from what I've seen). Put it this way, had our current side had the 87/88 Barnes in it and not Gerrard, I'm pretty sure we'd had the league sown up by now. That may be an indictment on our current flanks as well, but for me, Barnes was probably the most talented footballer I've seen bar Maradona.

I suspect if he continues the way he is doing, Gerrard will be the best ever player. He's got a good many years more to go barring a injury ending career. Who is to say he won't break Rush's scoring record?

I don't think its impossible to believe that we will be winning the Premiership a few times and other trophies before he retires, provided Rafa continues his progress at Liverpool.

My Grandad always said Billy Liddell was the greatest ever...my Dad says it was Roger Hunt...my childhood idol was Kevin Keegan - when he left I tore down his pictures from my wall and sobbed as I thought Liverpool were doomed...Kenny Dalglish put a smile back on my face and,to me, he is the greatest for so many reasons.

Have to say its -

Kenny Dalglish with Steven Gerrard a very close second.

Personal favourites after those two - John Barnes (immense talent), Graeme Souness, Steve McManaman,Robbie Fowler,Alan Hansen, Gary Mac, Sami Hyypia and Markus Babbel. Oh...and I can't forget Rushie & Michael Owen...and Didi Hamman & Jimmy Case...bloody hell we have been blessed with some talent...What a joy to be a Red :)