You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham away 04/04/09....

satmann

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many of you would have questioned Rafa's cautious substitutions if Benayoun hadnt have scored in a must win game

Babel for Dossena cautious? And Benayoun is really a defensive player. Which planet do you live on?

The only cautious sub was Agger for Gerrard at 94 minues after Yossi`s goal. Lighten up.

Look on the bright side, Rafa didnt get to rest his players for the Chelsea game they all played a full 90 min. So if they get a bad result (1-1) vs Chelsea or even get a good result (1 nil win) Rafa may rest players to ensure they get into the Semis...

Did the twat not see the bench/left side/centre of the park.

I've never seen as much BS anywhere as I have on RedCafe,

That is the maddest, most bizarrely pessimistic thing I have ever read, Nick. You just made, "We won a must-win game" sound like a bad thing. How the fuck can there be a downside to winning a must-win game, mate?

I think it's the way that we came so close, and that if we didn't get this win it was open to debate how Rafa had set out his team. Maybe that's what's got Nick wound up a bit, because I've got to admit that even Dossena instead of Riera gave me a sense of gloom before we started. At first I was like, fuck it, that might work, but slightly after I thought that it was a bit of a mad chance to take.

Like I also kind of said before it started though, Rafa has balls of steel, but shit, it can be hard for us to watch.

We won though, only just, but we have to have stronger nerves as this goes closer to the edge.

I think you're over stating it a bit there, he looked like a Premiership level football player which is more than I can say than his usual performance.

No I honestly thought he was class. He was winning everything, and near the end there he chested the ball down under pressure and then had a little spurt of pace and I was like 'who the fuck is that?'. Credit where it's due.

No I honestly thought he was class. He was winning everything, and near the end there he chested the ball down under pressure and then had a little spurt of pace and I was like 'who the fuck is that?'. Credit where it's due.

And that's where, if it happens, Rafa's playing him so much will pay off. I think he's starting to get confidence and proper experience now, and he could turn out being a brilliant player for us.

Some say loan him out to a lower league side, but what Rafa seems to be doing is playing him here and now to get even better and more valuable PL experience, and it could pay off really well.

I think it's the way that we came so close, and that if we didn't get this win it was open to debate how Rafa had set out his team. Maybe that's what's got Nick wound up a bit, because I've got to admit that even Dossena instead of Riera gave me a sense of gloom before we started. At first I was like, fuck it, that might work, but slightly after I thought that it was a bit of a mad chance to take.

Like I also kind of said before it started though, Rafa has balls of steel, but shit, it can be hard for us to watch.

We won though, only just, but we have to have stronger nerves as this goes closer to the edge.

But hang on a minute - Nick posted that about ten minutes ago! And besides, even if we'd not done it, I think we were beyond reproach today. Dropped points would not have left us open to criticism for today's display, in my view. We played controlled, aggressive and intelligent attacking football against a very good side with not a poor individual performance in sight. Had we dropped anything today and consequently seen any last realistic hope of the title die, it wouldn't have changed the fact that the title would have been really lost with all those dropped points against poor opposition at Anfield, not at Craven Cottage against a side who'd taken seven points from nine against The Mancs, Arse and Chelsea.*

*Check out the length of that last sentence. Ace.

And ffs, I never knew Van Damme had done something that gay, it's scary looking at it. He was a Kickboxer hero for me as I grew up too, wow. That's just so creepily scary. That is not dancing, it's a fucking horror movie move.

Can't you just tell he can't dance for shit? Or is it what he's wearing? Or both?

edit : I just watched it again and really cringed. That's bad shit! That has to be an 80's film, no other explanation.

And ffs, I never knew Van Damme had done something that gay, it's scary looking at it. He was a Kickboxer hero for me as I grew up too, wow. That's just so creepily scary. That is not dancing, it's a fucking horror movie move.

Can't you just tell he can't dance for shit? Or is it what he's wearing? Or both?

Fuck it. Negged.

Weird game, we dominated without really impressing and I'm struggling to pick a top 3 for Morse's man of the match thread.

Massive win though, and great celebrations in my local at yet another injury time winner.

Mate of mine text me about 30 mins from the end saying "0-0 all over it" and I knew then we'd pinch something because every time he sends a doomsday type text we end up snatching a winner.

I was glad Blackburn won today despite despising Fat Sam and wanting him and Diouf relegated, as it will hopefully lessen their need for a win next week in between two massive CL games against the rent boys.

he's belgian.

as for not being able to unlock fulham in the first half which you mentioned in an earlier post....i think hitting the woodwork 4 times means you thoroughly unlocked the fucker.

Weird game, we dominated without really impressing and I'm struggling to pick a top 3 for Morse's man of the match thread.

Massive win though, and great celebrations in my local at yet another injury time winner.

Mate of mine text me about 30 mins from the end saying "0-0 all over it" and I knew then we'd pinch something because every time he sends a doomsday type text we end up snatching a winner.

I was glad Blackburn won today despite despising Fat Sam and wanting him and Diouf relegated, as it will hopefully lessen their need for a win next week in between two massive CL games against the rent boys.

What really impressed me was the way we kept plugging away and creating so many half chances out of not a lot against a very good side. As little as a month ago, I reckon we'd have withered and died against today's Fulham performance. However, we did nothing of the sort and came away worthy winners looking full of confidence and belief. As I said before, we were so composed and almost entirely lacking in panic at the end. I was hugely impressed today - hugely impressed. We had the look of champions, in my view. Unfortunately, as Digger said on the telly, The Mancs have had the same look for much longer this season. We're going to push them close though, guaranted - and who can ask for any more than that?

Guest RafaIsRafa

That was the best way to win and put the pressure on them, I bet loads of their players were watching that relatively happy then bang, morale completely down. Love it! The only shame is they're playing a team tomorrow who are completely woeful at the moment, still you never know.

That was a great performance, Arsenal, Chelsea or Utd hadnt won there and we went and completely dominated. Even though I only watched on TV it felt like something was in the air, like I was watching something special, I cant really explain it but even at 0-0 I felt it. We'll win the league, im sure of it.

Guest RafaIsRafa

And to keep going like that given most of the players on the pitch had played all round Europe on Wednesday night was pretty incredible really.

Guest RafaIsRafa
even if they dont drop points 2mz i still feel they will somewhere else in their last 9 games. Not sure what game but i know they will fuck up. Maybe cisse could do us a favour or crouch or keane or the kaiser.

I always felt this weekend was just about staying in touch, we had a tough game where Chelsea, Utd and Arsenal didnt win and they're playing a team who have been hopeless for 2 months and are at their lowest ebb morale wise under O'Neill. On the plus side, Villa cant be as bad as against us!