You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

17 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I didn't go out much back then, but sometimes I'd go to the fly in the loaf on hardman street to watch the match, they sold it in there. Drinkable enough for an afternoon watching in footy. 

Was that in bottles or draught ? 

Place I went last night only had little bottles of some other brand, or I would have happily drank it for a couple of hours 

23 minutes ago, elvis said:

Was that in bottles or draught ? 

Place I went last night only had little bottles of some other brand, or I would have happily drank it for a couple of hours 

It was only bottles, but when I was off the ale, it was the only place I found with it, although as I said before I didn't go out much. I think the choices are a bit better over the last year or 2 though everywhere generally. 

• 2 weeks later...

The wife bought me a £25 bottle of Belgian beer from our local microbrewery, a vintage 2017 fermented with 250g of blackberries. Easily the priciest beer I ever drank and she made a strong choice knowing I love Belgian beers. But it's a Gueze/Gose. 

200w.gif

*I know it cost £25 as it was on our joint account

33 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The wife bought me a £25 bottle of Belgian beer from our local microbrewery, a vintage 2017 fermented with 250g of blackberries. Easily the priciest beer I ever drank and she made a strong choice knowing I love Belgian beers. But it's a Gueze/Gose. 

200w.gif

*I know it cost £25 as it was on our joint account

Will you be enjoying it today? 

I went to the new Neptune pub in maghull last night. It was alright and the beer not too pricey, which made a nice change. Last orders is 10 though, which is a bit shit. 

On 18/06/2023 at 15:16, Barrington Womble said:

Will you be enjoying it today? 

I went to the new Neptune pub in maghull last night. It was alright and the beer not too pricey, which made a nice change. Last orders is 10 though, which is a bit shit. 

I had already drank it, a passable Gueze and quite refreshing in the heat. But yeah, SOUR

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RJ Fan club said:

I’m in Stockholm this weekend so popped into Omnipollo’s hatt.

Beautiful 

IMG_5353.jpeg

IMG_5354.jpeg

IMG_5355.jpeg

I love that place, it's like Wonkers factory for boozehounds.

Those slushies are wonderful.

If you've not been already find The Press Club & Rosa, the latter I posted about in here years ago and ended up on a very silly night out with the bar staff.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/03/2023 at 20:01, Sugar Ape said:

Anyone got one of those Guinness Nitrosurge units? Got one from Tesco with the nitrosurge cans the other day,  lovely pint. Not far off one from a pub. 

IMG_5093.MOV IMG_5094.MOV IMG_5095.MOV

1D126581-4B41-4DE9-ABDE-E2C579388040.jpeg

Picked one up the other night from Asda on offer at £25. Think I've nailed the pour on my fourth attempt. Trick was to take the can out the fridge and leave it for 45 mins so it's not ice cold, which apparently helps the mechanism to pump more gas into it.

20240223_210529.jpg

20240223_210545.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Beer merchants now want £8 delivery so can't be arsed with them, discount dragon have stopped doing any worthwhile beer deals for ages now so need a new bargain beer shop, any recommendations? Mixed cases ideally