You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've never had any problems with my HD box, however Sky called on Wednesday and said that they needed to replace the box due to a recall. They offered 3 months free HD and came to replace it this morning.

Everything was fine until this afternoon when the screen started to freeze and then go snowy before going black. I turned the box off from the plug for an hour or so and went out. When I switched it back on it seemed to solve the problem but it's starting again tonight. The only thing that's working at the minute is if I put the TV on standby and turn it straight back on again and it's working as normal.

I have a Samsung LCD which I've heard may have a few issues working in conjunction with the box, however I've never had any problems with the previous standard and HD boxes used on there.

Any ideas before I sit on the phone to Sky for an age trying to keep my cool?

Sky also replaced my Pace box last Thursday with a Thomson box. This kept turning itself off every 5 minutes and was obviously faulty. I had it replaced on Saturday with a new box, which is working fine (fingers crossed).

Reading several forums, then Sky are replacing the Pace boxes with crappy refurbs, so you are not even getting a new box.

The engineer said that he refuses to fit the Thomson boxes. So if you do get another box, check that you are not getting this make.