You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carragher and Skrtel

ScottyT

Skrtel has proven me wrong, there has been something about him for his entire time here that doesn't sit right with me, but he has put in great performance after performance. Just a shame we'll be losing Agger.

I think I know what you mean, I had that same feeling. He was always stretching a little bit too much, was just an inch further under the ball than he should be etc. Little things like that, but the last couple of games he has been much much better.

About the only positives to come out of that dreadful, dreadful performance. Both were immense and didn't deserve to go out like that.

Shame the rest, including the manager, don't have the same spirt.

Dont really agree, we need to drop one of them, mainly Skrtel as he is not really any better a defender than either Hyypia or Agger, but considering how much worse he is as an attacking threat on set pieces his overall contribution to the team does not justify him being in the team ahead of either Agger or Hyypia.

We have trouble breaking down teams and our set pieces could be instrumental in our hunt for a goal and three points, Skrtel is as much a threat as the corner flag so he needs to be dropped.

His defending is alright, but thats just not enough and this is something we actually can do something about easiliy, we will have bigger problems turning Kuyt into a Messi clone.

We have trouble breaking down teams and our set pieces could be instrumental in our hunt for a goal and three points, Skrtel is as much a threat as the corner flag so he needs to be dropped.

QUOTE]

You can't blame Skrtel for not converting the set pieces. He'd have had to be 25 feet tall to reach any of them last night. Awful, awful delivery by Gerrard and Alonso. We're poor at set pieces and have been for ages, but it's the delivery that's the problem

I only saw the second half last night. I thought Skrtel and Carra were superb. Xabi was trying hard but it just wasn't happening for him last night. I thought Yossi looked like he'd decided that because he replaced Gerrard he had to put in Gerrard's work rate. he was everywhere.

QUOTE]

You can't blame Skrtel for not converting the set pieces. He'd have had to be 25 feet tall to reach any of them last night. Awful, awful delivery by Gerrard and Alonso. We're poor at set pieces and have been for ages, but it's the delivery that's the problem

Yeah, fair point - out set piece delivery is shit. In fact most of our crosses into the box are shit.

To be fair, we still only have one CB who looks capable of scoring from set pieces - big Sami. The next best person at getting to the ball on set pieces is Lucas - pity he doesn't know what to do with the ball then

Yeah, fair point - out set piece delivery is shit. In fact most of our crosses into the box are shit.

To be fair, we still only have one CB who looks capable of scoring from set pieces - big Sami. The next best person at getting to the ball on set pieces is Lucas - pity he doesn't know what to do with the ball then

You know who does deliver a good set piece?

Gareth+Barry.jpg

:whistle:

Dont really agree, we need to drop one of them, mainly Skrtel as he is not really any better a defender than either Hyypia or Agger, but considering how much worse he is as an attacking threat on set pieces his overall contribution to the team does not justify him being in the team ahead of either Agger or Hyypia.

His defending is alright, but thats just not enough and this is something we actually can do something about easiliy, we will have bigger problems turning Kuyt into a Messi clone.

That's total fucking bollocks!

MASSIVE bollocks!

What the fuck has Agger done to possibly deserve a place in our team this season????

Fuck all. That's what.