You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would people prefer it if us 'newbies' stopped postin on here?

gap30

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've got less than 1500 posts you're a complete twat and nobody ever listens to a word you say.

In fact, if I had my way, anyone with less than 1500 posts should be automatically banned from posting anything on the forum as it's usually meaningless drivel that makes no sense at all. And I should know.

If you've got less than 1500 posts you're a complete twat and nobody ever listens to a word you say.

In fact, if I had my way, anyone with less than 1500 posts should be automatically banned from posting anything on the forum as it's usually meaningless drivel that makes no sense at all. And I should know.

Speak for yourself you cunt.

My advice would be don't go posting loads straight away. If so you'll be called 'momo' very quickly. As someone else said, introduce yourself slowly and ease yourself in.

A fine piece of advice, and one I have followed strictly since March 2004. Forty posts, and almost five years on, I feel I may finally be coming to the point where I feel I can post a little more frequently. Who knows, by March 2014 I may even have 100 posts to my name!

Just look at it like any other social context. If you start a new job or start drinking in a new pub, you don't want to go in shouting the odds. Get to know people a bit, get to know the feel of the place. Join in a conversation when you've got something to say, but don't try to take over. People will get to know you eventually and you won't be new, but you don't want them to get to know you too fast.

In addition, I would add that you should probably try to avoid a posting rate of 8 posts a year, or you will be (probably correctly) identified as the weirdo in the pub/office who spends all day on the fruit machine, nursing half a pint of cider and glaring sullenly at everybody else.

Glares sullenly, whilst taking a tiny sip of warm Strongbow.

Just adding two and two and getting five?

Newbie in the sense of bein on here? or bein a local lad who supports his local team and has followed them through thick and thin home and away.

Really enjoy this site as well, some good well informed posts, seems if you have less than 200 posts youre no-one!

Btw anyone know any really cheap hotel rooms in Madrid on Feb 25th

Constructive debate is welcomed mate, however long you've been posting.

The forum has been dragged down a few times by individual posters who continually rejoin after being banned, so - wrongly perhaps - most people are a little wary of anyone new who starts shouting the odds a bit too soon.

Nowt personal though, and people who've joined only last year have become very popular very quickly. If you're sound people will be sound with you - like life!