You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gillett and Hicks (ownership saga)

Antynwa

Coop I commented earlier and I'd value your opinion, does Rafa really think Hicks will be loyal to him if he takes control? What's his record with his sports teams and their coaches?

Who knows what Rafa thinks mate, he is one person you can never second guess.

The one thing i will say though is if you were in his position and the two owners at the club are fighting.

One owner says he wants out asap whilst the owner says he wants to stick around as long as possible.

You will always side with the one who at least is talking about a long term goal rather then the one who would leave at the first opportunity.

Stadium.

I personally think we've missed the boat in the regard anyway and should look at redeveloping Anfield. Over the next few seasons people will be cutting back, especially in the corporate world, and 15,000 more seats and updated facilities should see a significant rise in matchday revenue without the need for a 75,000 seater albatross around our neck. Not that it will be built anyway.

The one thing i will say though is if you were in his position and the two owners at the club are fighting.

One owner says he wants out asap whilst the owner says he wants to stick around as long as possible.

You will always side with the one who at least is talking about a long term goal rather then the one who would leave at the first opportunity.

I don't blame him and he's been very clever through all this. Especially for someone who when he arrived said that he was fed up of club internal politics. I presume he's working on strategy for the next stage. Which is all distraction from the real job at hand

Yeah, but like, you don't really know anything about what's going on, only the odd agenda based morsel that comes out, or is your hed just full of shit?
No one on this forum knows whats going on regarding the owners and any potential buyout.

People may like to think their in the know and some people buy it, but most of it at best is educated guesses and personal opinion.

Personally i would get used to seeing at least Hicks at the club for a while yet unless someone offers him silly money to walk away.

These kind of comments do my head in, that there is something any fan could have posted given that we know for a fact Hicks wants to stay, and Gillette wants out - unless they get a big profit! Not being an ass mate but the "in the knows" in this boardroom mess are 2 a penny.

I am alarmed that some people are happy for Hicks to stay alone - bloody hell a Texas cowboy in charge of Liverpool? Say what you want about the two clowns Parry and Moores but at least they know Liverpool.

People should be careful what they wish for.

Did I hear SoS whisper in the background? Is that you? Guys? hello??!!

I am alarmed that some people are happy for Hicks to stay alone - bloody hell a Texas cowboy in charge of Liverpool? Say what you want about the two clowns Parry and Moores but at least they know Liverpool!

These kind of comments do my head in. Where has anyone said they'd be 'happy' if Hicks became sole owner?

As for those two 'clowns', you couldn't have picked a more apt description. Save the sentimental cliches, for all the shite that's gone on post takeover, I'd rather be where we are now than still under the rule of that incompetent twat who put us in this position because he was out of his depth at the head of a huge football institution.

So United get 100m a year matchday revenue, we get 39m.

That makes me feel sick.Just goes to show you how useless Freddy and Coco have been.

Especially Coco as he helped set up the Premier League,the lack of forsight by the pair of them in the nineties is criminal.

Imo it has cost so much in lost revenue not realising what extra income the tv deals would bring in,and the demand we already had with people wanting to see us to not extend/build a new stadium,has set us back years.

I wont either go into the marketing side of the club as we have always been slow on that side of things.

These kind of comments do my head in, that there is something any fan could have posted given that we know for a fact Hicks wants to stay, and Gillette wants out - unless they get a big profit! Not being an ass mate but the "in the knows" in this boardroom mess are 2 a penny.

I am alarmed that some people are happy for Hicks to stay alone - bloody hell a Texas cowboy in charge of Liverpool? Say what you want about the two clowns Parry and Moores but at least they know Liverpool.

Not sure what your problem is mate or am i not allowed to post unless its insider stuff.

Funny that quite a lot of the media has reported that Hicks wanted to sell yet this is well off the mark. Hicks has the money in place to sustain his side of the agreement, he could even buy us outright you know but would have to sell his stake in one of the two American franchises. something he has considered by the way. More likely though is another Yank buying out Gillett, one 'pre-approved' by Hicks - who has for the past 3 months been looking for a partner. Kraft, Ellison, Furst & Allen are people I know for definite as being approached.

But as you said nobody know shit what's going on.

Remember the only reason Benitez sided with Hicks in the first place was that no-one else would answer his calls or reply to his emails. Yes, literally everyone else was ignoring him. He didn't really have much in the way of options.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Funny that quite a lot of the media has reported that Hicks wanted to sell yet this is well off the mark. Hicks has the money in place to sustain his side of the agreement, he could even buy us outright you know but would have to sell his stake in one of the two American franchises. something he has considered by the way. More likely though is another Yank buying out Gillett, one 'pre-approved' by Hicks - who has for the past 3 months been looking for a partner. Kraft, Ellison, Furst & Allen are people I know for definite as being approached.

There are some people that know little that say alot

There are some people that know alot that say little

And I know for a fact there is one person that knows a shitload more than anyone else who says nothing.

But you are right in so far as no one has the complete picture

There are some people that know little that say alot

There are some people that know alot that say little

And I know for a fact there is one person that knows a shitload more than anyone else who says nothing.

But you are right in so far as no one has the complete picture

Aye

& unfortunately despite what protests that go on etc etc. None of it will effect the outcome. I remember chuckling about Salfords protests against the Glazers, knowing it'd make fuck all difference. Boy has that come back to bite us in the ass.

I'm gonna get fucking slaughtered for this but IF Hicks can pull off getting one of the preferred partners then I believe the club can move on & forward. At least the fat Texan git is aiming high and ambitious.

Aye

& unfortunately despite what protests that go on etc etc. None of it will effect the outcome. I remember chuckling about Salfords protests against the Glazers, knowing it'd make fuck all difference. Boy has that come back to bite us in the ass.

I'm gonna get fucking slaughtered for this but IF Hicks can pull off getting one of the preferred partners then I believe the club can move on & forward. At least the fat Texan git is aiming high and ambitious.

why get slaughtered over it i can see the same happening to be honest but like you say he has some ambition unlike the other twat.Now i dont like hicks but i think if and when the time comes i think thats the way it will go

the only plus sides of it is parry would be gone rafa would only have 1 owner to answer to(and to ask for transfer funds) and perhaps a settled season with no bitching at eachother and dragging it into the puplic eye

lets be honest id rather do it that way than buy the title like the mancs and chelski

Completely agree. The reason we are stuck financially is because Gillette doesn't have the money. I believe Hicks does have the cash, but because they are in it 50/50, he isn't allowed to invest more lest it dilutes Gillette's shares, hence we are stuck until Gillette agrees to sell to Hicks or to someone else Hicks approves of (as it seems G doesn't want to sell to H)

So far of everything that both owners have been blamed for, it eventually gets out that Gillette was behind it (Klinnsman approach etc).

Hicks perhaps at most can be accused of ignorance to the history of our club, and maybe even football in general, as it is G who brought him into the deal. I am sure now, he is up to scratch knowledge wise.

At the end, I don't think Hicks as sole owner would be any worse than the Glaziers at the scum or Lerner at Villa.

And look where we are because of those people "who know Liverpool". They knew us and fucked us from behind. I'm all against Hicks owning us but looking at the other side of the coin, atleast we know what we can expect with Hicks. With Moores and Parry, we don't - infact, they themselves don't. Thats how much incompetent and selfish they both are.

With regards to your other points, Coop posts what he knows and what he thinks. Sometimes it is obvious but even then some people benefit from the info posted by Coop. I don't know in what way he does your "head in".

It is hard to disagree with what you post Real Red and as usual bang on. Everyone wants them both gone and it is not a sign of defeatism but it might be and probably will be a case of being stuck with one of them.

I honestly could not choose between the two but one thing is certain and beyond doubt, something has to give. It will almost certainly be Gillet.

In your worst nightmares you could not have dreamt the shambles we are in. I am obviously not talking about on the park but off it.

That can be said about just about anybody in just about any business. It doesn't mean a thing.

The only exception would be where somebody had so much money that they really couldn't think of a use for any more. And there aren't many that applies to.

Practically everyone who owned a share in LFC sold at "the right price". That price was more than the normal value of the shares plus some lifetime perks related to tickets.

And on the whole they were people who loved Liverpool.

I don't think anyone would say Tom Hicks loves Liverpool. But he loves the idea of being successful. Not so much in silver as in gold. We want the silverware, he wants the gold.

So of course Hicks would sell if the price was right, but for the price to be "right" it's got to be either because the sale is forced upon him (and that's been 'imminent' since late 2007) or because the price would represent success for him in his investment. He needs his gold.

To me the priority is to see an end to the partnership, even if that means Hicks or Gillett got control. And if I had to choose one of those two I'd choose Hicks. Hicks actually seems to realise he's fucked up - Gillett still thinks he's done nothing wrong and blames Rafa for most things.

It's not an easy thing to say though that, and I'm sure there's something staring me in the face saying "no you dickhead", but I think a lot of our problems would be gone if we just had one person in control.

And if not, it'd be easier to target that one person than to try and work out what's really going on when all of those people at the club are spreading bull to cover their own arses or to strengthen their position.

Good post. I think Hicks is vile, (was regularly dreaming about killing him earlier in the year) but his greed may work in our favour in the short term. As you say he wants a good profit then he'll move on, and to get that he either needs to

1. Raise the money to buy out Gilette and build the stadium himself

- Gilette 'probably' won't sell to him

- There's no chance on earth he can raise the money in this market to build the stadium

2. Get a 3rd party in to buy Either Gilette's or Gilettes + part of his stake and have the money to build a stadium so he knows he's going to profit big time.

The positives here are that 1. His power is weakened significantly by this, and he gets closer to an exit, as he'll profit when a stadium gets built, and I doubt he'll stick around once that is done

3. Sell out now for a small profit IF there is a buyer and the banks give him no choice.

All these options are not that bad for the club. The only fear is they start selling players, but this would reduce the attractivity of the club to buyers you would think...

I feel better recently than I did 12 months ago about it. I think they know its the end of the road with the banks, its now a 'who blinks first' thing with the price with interested parties. And why should an interested party blink and pay ove rthe odds when they can buy it off RBS in July at a reduced price. H&G have their backs to the wall on this one.