You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Collymore that talented though?. I know he is a complete and utter mentalist but say he had a normal, stable mind what would have he been like?. He did have a few good games for Forest which then persuaded Liverpool to spunk the money on him but was he really better than say Fowler or McMananaman?. The 1996 season him and Fowler played well together without allegedly liking each other. He seems to have always used the excuse that his brain wasn't wired properly to get away with not performing. He didn't do anything after he left Liverpool at Villa, Leicester or in Spain.

I read 4-4-2 a couple of months back and someone in there described him as the "English Ronaldo" - Prior to him fucking up his knee 4/5 times and putting on tons of weight Ronaldo was awesome and even if he was a complete and utter lazy twat he could still turn a game in an instant but I don't think Stan Collymore was as good as he was ever made out to be.

Was Collymore that talented though?. I know he is a complete and utter mentalist but say he had a normal, stable mind what would have he been like?. He did have a few good games for Forest which then persuaded Liverpool to spunk the money on him but was he really better than say Fowler or McMananaman?. The 1996 season him and Fowler played well together without allegedly liking each other. He seems to have always used the excuse that his brain wasn't wired properly to get away with not performing. He didn't do anything after he left Liverpool at Villa, Leicester or in Spain.

I read 4-4-2 a couple of months back and someone in there described him as the "English Ronaldo" - Prior to him fucking up his knee 4/5 times and putting on tons of weight Ronaldo was awesome and even if he was a complete and utter lazy twat he could still turn a game in an instant but I don't think Stan Collymore was as good as he was ever made out to be.

No he was nowhere near it, on his day he could be unplayable a little bit like Ronaldo but unlike Ronaldo he couldn't finish.

The Utd game at home we won 2-0 in 95, Fowler had 2 chances and banged in 2 goals. Collymore had about 6 clear cut chances and hit Schmeical every time.

No he was nowhere near it, on his day he could be unplayable a little bit like Ronaldo but unlike Ronaldo he couldn't finish.

The Utd game at home we won 2-0 in 95, Fowler had 2 chances and banged in 2 goals. Collymore had about 6 clear cut chances and hit Schmeical every time.

He seems to have peddled a myth that he could have been England's greatest ever player if he wasn't such a fuck up as a person. He only got about 3 England caps didn't he?

I loved his partnership with Fowler. When it was firing it was something to behold. When Stan was happy and focused he was a great player. Sadly that was only for a short time.

As for all this sort of stuff, it's not worth bothering. He has serious character flaws and is acting like a jilted lover.

I loved his partnership with Fowler. When it was firing it was something to behold. When Stan was happy and focused he was a great player. Sadly that was only for a short time.

As for all this sort of stuff, it's not worth bothering. He has serious character flaws and is acting like a jilted lover.

Hmmm, i don't know. I'm not sad about it, i was glad we got shut of his shitty attitude and morale destroying ways when we did. He summed up the 'couldnt give a fuck' attitude of the mid 90's embodied by him, James, Babb & Ruddock. Wasn't sorry to see any of them go, i'm amazed it actually took that long for the club to twig that James was a liability.

Stan was the 90s version of Heskey, all the physical tools but couldn't do the mental thing. Only difference was that Emo doesn't believe in himself enough, whilst Collymore did too much. Carra on the other hand, does the mental thing, hands down ,every day of the week, with not so much talent.

I'm in two minds about Stan Collymore.

On the one hand, he talks shite about LFC, is bitter and twisted, is a sexual deviant, pissed away his considerable talent, has a silly voice and is a hopeless mummy's boy.

On the other hand, he leathered the shit out of Ulrika Jonsson.

• 3 months later...
His article in the Mirror today is a joy.

• We should still be getting Mourinho as Benitez cannot attract the same calibre of player
  • The players don't believe in him
  • Losing at Boro is Rafa's level

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

You know what Stan, if you had the right attitude, and willingness to learn, you could have been as good as what Torres is now for us. But instead, you were an arrogant, shithouse, undermining horrible twat, who's career went downhill faster than an avalanche on speed.

Guest Lynchyred

Don't know if anyone ever read this but just searched and found an interview qith Stan in the Times 5 years ago. A fascinating read as Stan reveals himself to be exactly what he claims not to be, a self-centred wanker. And the reporter takes him apart as well.

Never read an interviewer being so scathing towards a subject. A good read:

The Big Interview: Stan Collymore | Football - Times Online