You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stereophonics

Wig

• 7 years later...

Saw them at Portsmouth pyramids donkeys years ago.

Was the Word Gets Around tour.

Class.

Hate that venue. They could do fucking loads with the pyramid centre there, instead its like going back in time to 1992. Boss location and all right on the sea. 

Hate that venue. They could do fucking loads with the pyramid centre there, instead its like going back in time to 1992. Boss location and all right on the sea.

We were pissed before we got there.

Having a beer outside and a mate knelt down behind another pal and I pushed him over.

He went fucking down the hill and kept complaining of a sore foot all night. We just kept telling him to stop being a whinging tart and ruining our night.

He went to A&E the next day and had broken his ankle in two places.

We were pissed be fore we got there.

Having a beer outside and a mate knelt down behind another pal and I pushed him over.

He went fucking down the hill and kept complaining of a sore foot all night. We just kept telling him to stop being a whinging tart and ruining our night.

He went to A&E the next day and had broken his ankle in two places.

Ha I remember that craze in our school. You couldn't stand still without checking behind you. 

Word gets around was the first album I ever bought, still love it 20 years on (give or take). unlike most I still liked everything they did up to the 5th or 6th album (Pull the Pin) before getting a little bored, though I do like a more recent song called Graffiti on the train:

Word gets around was the first album I ever bought, still love it 20 years on (give or take). unlike most I still liked everything they did up to the 5th or 6th album (Pull the Pin) before getting a little bored, though I do like a more recent song called Graffiti on the train:

Graffiti on the train is a great record. Love their latest one

Graffiti on the train is a great record. Love their latest one

Funny that you bumped this thread. I found that song on YouTube last week after deciding to listen to some Stereophonics for the first time in years. I've had it on a couple of times since. It's a good tune. Dakota is always gonna be my favourite of theirs though.

Great songwriter. Just when you think he's gone a bit middle of the road, he can produce songs like Dakota, Indian Summer etc.. Like most people, I was a huge fan from word gets around & Performance & Cocktails and then kinda faded away a tad. Seen them a few times but last time I got to see them was at Cardiff city stadium, you'd struggle to get a better atmosphere at a home coming gig (it's kind of a home coming)

Discovered this again on holiday and listened to it on repeat floating on a lilo for two weeks

https://youtu.be/5f13jrjaeikY

Word gets around wason almost permanent repeat when me and my mates used to sit off on one of my mates houses getting pissed/stoned. Seen them live around 1997 and again in 98 when they were supporting James. Like others have said after Performance and Cocktails they went a bit hit and miss although some of their recent stuff sounds a bit more back to form.

Or Toploader? Or Badly Drawn Boy? Or any other turn of the century British artists who look like they live under a bridge?

Is there a Maroon 5 thread?

Alright music police, I'll start a friggin' Mariah Carey thread if I want. The only band to have it's own thread here before today and recently was fucking Oasis. I like Stereophonics and David Gray, sue my teats.

• Upvote 1