You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhh, sick burn UFC-fans, sick burn.

Your beloved legend beaten by a lowly pro wrestler, with only 3 fights under his belt. And now he's your champion. Here comes the pain.

What a shit "sport."

Not a sick-burn at all. He's not an average 'pro' wrestler. He was given the shot because it was a big money fight that would have been a risk had they allowed him to build up a large catalogue of fights where he could have been injured, or had a losing streak, etc.

Now, we'll see how long he holds the Champion status because unlike wrestling, a real fight means anything can happen.

Besides, Lesnar won the only way I thought he could. If he landed a big punch and followed it up with everything he had... which he did.

Or a proper wrestler who then went to panto wrestling before going back to competitive sport in MMA.

How you look at his career depends on how highly you regard panto I guess.

I'd go along with that... Lesnar was a NCAA Champion wrestler, then went to panto-wrestling, and took the opportunity to try fighting competitively again.

His massive strength advantage kept Randy's ground-game from changing anything, unlike Frank Mir, who owned Lesnar on the ground.

If Lesnar improves his knowledge of ju-jitsu then he'll be a real scary opponent.

It's totally a sick burn to those high-and-mighty UFC-fucks. I mean, imagine your all-time legend being utterly humiliated by a rookie pro wrestler? Imagine it. Totally embarrassing.

Fuck 'em up Lesnar, fuck 'em up.

Well, I'm a UFC fan and I don't feel embarrassed about it at all. Randy is a great fighter but like I said before the fight, Lesnar is freakishly strong.. he has 45 pounds of muscle on Randy.

Randy couldn't work his ground game because Lesnar's strength was too much. He did well putting Brock into a bad situation opening a cut over his eye with a good hit but it was over the second Lesnar got that heavy punch through his guard.

Wait until he fights another ground fighter like Frank Mir. Frank Mir Ju-Jitsu'd his ass and made him tap early in the first. Frank Mir took him to school. Anyone with a certain level of Brazilian Ju-Jitsu will do the same. He aint got the skills. Anyone who stands and fights with that big bastard is getting knocked out though! Everyone has a chin, some stronger than others

Although Randy is seen as one of the best wrestlers, he is getting on a bit and that fight only really had one outcome. I wanted Randy to knock him out but i knew i wernt gonna happen.

As Unrighteous said above, he hasnt earned that title shot and got it because the fight would spin mega money and probably a number of new fans.

The Frank Mir fight exposed a massive weakness in Lesnar's game which is shocking because of his real wrestling background...

So, the UFC powers that be knew that they couldn't risk putting him in the ring against top Jitsu artists because they wouldn't get the PPV money from a fighter who is 1-8 v the Champion.

Now, however, with Brock as the Champion... or if he had a good showing against Randy and lost... they could use his name as a PPV high profile fight.

Which they will.

Why are you a UFC fan? It's like pro wrestling with all the fun and excitement stripped out of it.

My brother in law is a professional MMArtist, and its a real competitive fight. It's also a fight that is more like a real life scenario. They can use pretty much any style they want to... and try their luck against someone of a similar weightclass.

I liked Wrestling when I was a kid but when I found out it was fixed(and then realised how silly I was to think it wasn't... ) then I stopped watching it.

But it's boring as shit.

I don't think so, really. The coverage in North America was much better and I used to watch UFC fights almost daily on Spike TV.

It's really exciting to see two gladiators have at it in an unconventional way. I find boxing more boring than UFC, to be honest.

The only UFC fights that tend to be on the boring side, for me, are when you have two Jitsu guys and they aren't doing much. However, because I know a bit of it(not a lot, mind), it's fantastic when those two jitsu guys are both constantly trying to work their opponent into a hold, or getting out of their opponents attempt.

It's like physical strategy that is ... amazing, then.

My favourite fighter is Georges St. Pierre though... He's a very exciting fighter with probably the most athleticism i've seen in any ring.

Brock is an extremely strong lad and has a huge frame. Randy couldnt work his ground game because of his mass. Fighters will now be queing for a shot at Lesner.

I imagine he will be getting his ankles, elbows, wrists targeted. You cant build muscles in those places.

I'm glad that happened, he showed awesome respect to Randy in the pre-match interview and has not really been taken seriously since joining up. He has been spending time at the Miletich Camp, and if he continues to work hard on his ground game he is gonna be a force to be rec reckoned with

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How can you find UFC boring? I fuckin love it me. 2 fellas with 5oz gloves on. Similar size, reach and weight (apart from our good friend Brock). They stand toe to toe and do battle.

I think its gaining many veiwers because of it presents a primal instinct of man that many people find interesting. These guys are the gladiators of today. Its got a lot more tame than what it used to be like though.

I imagine he will be getting his ankles, elbows, wrists targeted. You cant build muscles in those places.

Oh I dunno, with his background in panto wrestling he'll be pumping himself full of horse steroids and killing off family members in the pursuit of muscular ankles as we speak.

Brock is an extremely strong lad and has a huge frame. Randy couldnt work his ground game because of his mass. Fighters will now be queing for a shot at Lesner.

I'm glad that happened, he showed awesome respect to Randy in the pre-match interview and has not really been taken seriously since joining up. He has been spending time at the Miletich Camp, and if he continues to work hard on his ground game he is gonna be a force to be rec reckoned with

I think Brock has another problem, his fitness. Couture had Brock breathing real heavy at the end of the first round and if that big punch didn't land... I think Randy would have won, eventually. Brock was getting gassed too easily.

Any bloke who watches WWE after the age of 12 is either retarded or love's watching men in Speedo's with big muscles.

Very very Gay!

Your gay and tell that the other millions and millions of fans.

UFC's always been a style match up hasn't it. A few years ago Randy Couture lost to Josh Barnett, a massive fucker who's weight and ultimately strength proved too much.

Couture is always going to be at risk from 1) People much larger than him that can nullify his Greco Roman wrestling skills which are far beyond most fighters his size and 2) Top class strikers like Chuck Liddell who have a freakish ability to stay on their feet or get to their feet immediately after being taken down.

Let's also remember that Couture is essentially a light heavyweight fighter. No fucking way is he a heavyweight and he was up against the biggest of the lot out there.

It's unsurprising, but he'lll still get snotted against a fighter with a good background in jiu jitsu.

So well done Brock for beating a 45 year old man who was fighting at the wrong weight. I'm really sure you'll keep hold of the title.

And let's be honest. Wrestling is just a bunch of greased up faggots touching each other in places they're really not supposed to.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

wrestling is for kids or very sad and delusional adults, which one are you Chris.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

wrestling is for kids or very sad and delusional adults, which one are you Chris.

I dont think anyone is as bad as that guy. He must think its real.

Your gay and tell that the other millions and millions of fans.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a very lucrative business and has millions and millions of fans worldwide, my lad's got all the Action Figures, Video Games and all other kinds of bullshit that you can buy, but my lad is 6 yrs old. What the fuck is the appeal to WWE for someone over 12 yrs old?