You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

14 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I spend my days with 34 ten and eleven year olds who don't understand 95% of the references I make throughout the day. 

Do the police know about this???

On 02/12/2023 at 15:07, Stouffer said:

The kids are being all Tracey Barlow, and the missus is watching some shite on E4 upstairs. 

I've got the comfy slippers on and a blanket, with a 4 hour RoboCop documentary to watch.

Bliss.

Is this RoboCop doc on YouTube at all? 

8 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Is this RoboCop doc on YouTube at all? 

Robodoc it's called, I was watching it Prime. Its on a channel with a week free sub.

Even if you're not interested in Robocop, it's a brilliant documentary on Film making. 

• Upvote 1

Went into my barber's after work tonight. I sit down and she asks me what I want.

"Like Harry Dean Stanton", I said.

Blank expression from my barber, "What's that?"

"Kind of raggedy".

The Paris, Texas reference / joke seemed to go over her head and she duly whipped out the clippers.

26 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Found myself discussing the price of fuel at varying petrol stations with a group of similarly minded old goats, in the pub. 

There can be like a 10p swing between some stations, its a disgrace! They don't do 2 stroke anymore you know. 

My mate has been doing this for about 20 years now. I don't even drive.

• Upvote 2

Went to town yesterday on a Christmas day out. Had five beers and fucked off, because it was heaving, the ale was overpriced and shite, it was pissing down and the trains were fucked. Got a chippy, was home for 7.30pm and fell asleep at 9pm. Was made up this morning that I was hangover free and hadn't been rinsed by the pubs.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Went to town yesterday on a Christmas day out. Had five beers and fucked off, because it was heaving, the ale was overpriced and shite, it was pissing down and the trains were fucked. Got a chippy, was home for 7.30pm and fell asleep at 9pm. Was made up this morning that I was hangover free and hadn't been rinsed by the pubs.

Loud music in town and just loud noise in general.

Went in to that McCooleys by Matthew st last week for the sheff Utd game and they had music on that was off the scale. Then they had the game volume on that was off the scale. Either everyone is already deaf or that’s the norm these days.

• Upvote 3