You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This sounds a fascinating story.

They grow everywhere and itch like heck.

And now I’ve found I’m relaxing driving trains on Xbox rather than playing AAA titles. There’s nothing quite like driving an ICE from Koln to Aachen!

Also Microsoft flight sim 2020 is a good one. It’s deffo an age thing.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I used to enter bars and scan for attractive looking females. I now scan for seats with plenty of space, that are ideally within close proximity of a radiator. 

And the bog.

A few weeks ago I was dragged to some tedious, hipster joint with 738 different types of ale, all with added apricots and the like. Seen simpler episodes of Crystal Maze than trying to find the shitter there. Ended up having to ask someone in their kitchen. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Mook said:

I pointed out a fit barmaid recently, she is in her mid 20s & was called a 'nonce'.

There's a 26-year-old bird in our place and every time I talk to her I get a stiffy, but I genuinely can't help it. It's to the point where I have to make sure I'm sitting behind a desk before we chat, or at the very least standing face on.

I think it's because I'm getting older and don't have kids.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

There's a 26-year-old bird in our place and every time I talk to her I get a stiffy, but I genuinely can't help it. It's to the point where I have to make sure I'm sitting behind a desk before we chat, or at the very least standing face on.

I think it's because I'm getting older and don't have kids.

'Is that your biological clock sticking out or are you just happy to see me?"

• Haha 2

A 21 year old bird from work messaged asking was I going to a works do and if so did I wanna share a taxi with her. Years ago even though I'm an ugly pig I'd have thought it was a sign of interest. At my age I just knew she wanted save taxi money and saw me as a nice old bloke.

More to the point my response was" no its a bit far"

• Upvote 1

I've got a Christmas meal with work booked for Friday night on a freebie.  The HR girls are meeting us all afterwards and there's a few stunners in there, all around 20 years younger than me.  Years ago I'd be doing my best to impress, but now I'm just thinking "Fucks sake, more people to talk to."

8 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Loud music in town and just loud noise in general.

Went in to that McCooleys by Matthew st last week for the sheff Utd game and they had music on that was off the scale. Then they had the game volume on that was off the scale. Either everyone is already deaf or that’s the norm these days.

Went there in May for the same thing and thought I'd been had off by the bar when I was charged almost £24 for 4 drinks, until I got back to the table and someone told us it was £6 a bottle.  It actually ruined my day.  Thieving cunts could buy a case of 12 for the cost of two beers they were selling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Furmedge said:

Went there in May for the same thing and thought I'd been had off by the bar when I was charged almost £24 for 4 drinks, until I got back to the table and someone told us it was £6 a bottle.  It actually ruined my day.  Thieving cunts could buy a case of 12 for the cost of two beers they were selling.

Yep I bought two pints and was given about 60p back from a tenner.

It was like Black Books magical popcorn.

1 hour ago, Furmedge said:

I don't get out these days but £6 for a drink? Fuck that right off.

I could go out and get hammered on £2 when I first started going the pub.

Mild, 24p a pint, bitter 26p  and lager 28p.

Now I do feel old.

30 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I don't get out these days but £6 for a drink? Fuck that right off.

I could go out and get hammered on £2 when I first started going the pub.

Mild, 24p a pint, bitter 26p  and lager 28p.

Now I do feel old.

That was the week the Germans invaded Poland wasn't it?

• 3 weeks later...