You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sons of Anarchy

Section_31

Finally got season 3 on DVD and it's shaping up well so far, one thing that's starting to piss me off though is its use of music. Every single fucking episode starts with a montage of people with their heads in their hands while some guitar lament plays in the background.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Pissed off that Miles copped it, wasn't even given the chance to develop as a character however this season is very good. Loved when Jax slammed Ima's head against the dressing table.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

On a similar note, I always thought they messed up killing half-sack. He had an interesting enough backstory and it was good to see how the club looked from the bottom. Nice contrast with the managerial decisions Clay and Jax are making. They should have also let him keep Cherry, in my view.

Finally got season 3 on DVD and it's shaping up well so far, one thing that's starting to piss me off though is its use of music. Every single fucking episode starts with a montage of people with their heads in their hands while some guitar lament plays in the background.

Completely agree about the music. After watching The Sopranos (the use of music in which was usually the equal of any film) and The Wire (who deliberately avoided using music by and large save for the end of seson montages), Sons of Anarchy's use of music - cod metal for any gunfight, cheesy laments for any scene involving signposting emotion of any kind, feels a bit cheap and nasty, and more than a little patronising to the viewer. I actually thought that large parts of Season 3 were terrible, but that the whole season was rescued by the brilliant final episode.

On a similar note, I always thought they messed up killing half-sack. He had an interesting enough backstory and it was good to see how the club looked from the bottom. Nice contrast with the managerial decisions Clay and Jax are making. They should have also let him keep Cherry, in my view.

Thing is though, Half-Sack was killed because the actor didn't want to be part of SoA anymore, he wanted to go in another direction but Miles was killed just because he was the lesser known patched character.

I know its your opinion but that a load of shite.

There are no realyl likeable characters (i cant think of one that i wouldnt mind dying). Its overacted and has some very weak plotlines and with some massive holes in the story. My bird likes it and its something to watch while i eat my dinner one night a week.

Decent is all it is.

Outta interest, what boss shows are on now in your opinion?

Thing is though, Half-Sack was killed because the actor didn't want to be part of SoA anymore, he wanted to go in another direction but Miles was killed just because he was the lesser known patched character.

Understand that view point but Miles was probably only fed more into us so that this'd mean something. If he'd have shot one of the Prospects, for example, it wouldn't have been as viewer shocking or be as heavy waying on Juice himself.

Very interesting dynamic developing between Clay and Jaxs' missus (Always forget her name).

The hit has been put out on her but I doubt she'll be killed off as she has a big role in the show.

Be interesting to see how it unfolds

Watched season 3 right through in two days, thought it was boss save for the crickets in Norn Iron.

Funny how they started calling the True IRA the Real IRA too, what's that about? Was Real IRA copywrited?

I really like the show although I agree with some of the criticisms leveled against it, and Jax gets on my tits quite a lot, despite that though it's action packed and keeps me coming back - it's the best thing on telly still IMO.

I finished Season 3 this week as it finished on Five USA and thought it was the best yet. I loved the way it closed loads of complex story lines right at the last whilst simultaneously setting up an immense one for Season 4 with one throw-away line.

I agree on the music montage scenes, by the way. To me, it's sloppy, lazy writing which seems completely incongruous when set against the quality of everything else.

Outta interest, what boss shows are on now in your opinion?

I dont think there is masses on at the moment, but current shows like dexter,the killing and boardwalk empire are all much better. I guess its all about opinions.

I guess its the holding back of soa which annoys me as it should be great but due to restrictions they fluff it up and soften it. I just dont buy it.

I've only watched episode one of season four so far.

I'm still downloading them but season three has killed it a bit for me and I can't really get myself motivated to watch it. I'll probably have a run through it all once I have the lot but it's lost any appeal for me at the moment.

Spoilers for the last episode

The branch definitely snapped when the screen went black then you could head Juice hitting the floor, I would have liked the writers to have the balls to kill off a main character like that but according to forums Juice can be seen in next weeks preview.

Have finally discovered the joys of online viewing, was I fuck going to wait 18 months for the DVDs. Season 4 is panning out awesome so far, if you're into crime and action - which I am - it's like a wet dream, a United Nations of crime. Bit of a Shield reunion so far this season too, nice nod of the head when Kenny Johnson gets called a 'lemonheaded chump' by those kids. All we need if Mackey to turn up as a neo Nazi.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Have finally discovered the joys of online viewing, was I fuck going to wait 18 months for the DVDs. Season 4 is panning out awesome so far, if you're into crime and action - which I am - it's like a wet dream, a United Nations of crime. Bit of a Shield reunion so far this season too, nice nod of the head when Kenny Johnson gets called a 'lemonheaded chump' by those kids. All we need if Mackey to turn up as a neo Nazi.

He's too busy fucking about playing a super hero with Dexter's missus.