You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst ever fouls/bad tackles

Harry Squatter

What is the worst foul or bad tackle you've seen in fooball?.

The foul on Cannigia by half the Cameroon team in the world Cup of 1990 was as hilarious as it was brutal, plus Souness stamping on the Steua Bucharest's midfielders' balls then moaning to the ref about the dirt on his sock was hilarious.

Any others?

Schumacher in the 86 World Cup.

Ben Thatcher on Mendes.

Keane on Haaland.

Anything by Stephen Hunt.

That's probably the worst one I've seen for pre-meditated hospitalisation (and it was the '82 world cup). The poor fucker who got in his way was Patrick Battiston.

That's probably the worst one I've seen for pre-meditated hospitalisation (and it was the '82 world cup). The poor fucker who got in his way was Patrick Battiston.

As far as I can remember Schumacher didn't even get a yellow card for the foul nor was a free given

That's the fella's name. And was it really '82? Good job I never had a bet on that.

I saw a documentary about that incident a while back, and they interviewed Platini. As soon as they mentioned the name 'schumacher' you could tell Platini wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Apparently he thought Battiston was dead or very close to dead. And when you see the incident you can see why he might of thought that.

Its the camera angle behind the goal that shows you how late Schumacher was:

coSfMSUSVPI

What is the worst foul or bad tackle you've seen in fooball?.

The foul on Cannigia by half the Cameroon team in the world Cup of 1990 was as hilarious as it was brutal, plus Souness stamping on the Steua Bucharest's midfielders' balls then moaning to the ref about the dirt on his sock was hilarious.

Any others?

that one on cannigia was what he needed. he was walking over them and a good kick tends to slow these players down. what i would be pissed of about is the greasy little argy twat who stamps on the defenders foot and runs off sharpish.

i never saw that game (due to being born around that time) and i sincerely hope someone got that cunt back. 'twice as hard' as my dad would say.

I'm going to be controversial.... Everytime I watch the Schumacher one, I don't see what the fuss is about. He came out to kick the ball, realised he wasn't going to get it, and his momentum took him into Battiston.

It's not as bad as Keane on Haaland. Dirty cunt.

I'm going to be controversial.... Everytime I watch the Schumacher one, I don't see what the fuss is about. He came out to kick the ball, realised he wasn't going to get it, and his momentum took him into Battiston.

Scumacher doesn't jump into Battiston until the ball is past him.

Clearly pre-meditated.

Guest TK-421

Momentum schmomentum. He had time to get out of the way.

He cleaned him out.

He lead with a right bum cheek/elbow combo. Those are always the worse kind of fowls.

I think you're right TK. It was his elbow that took out Battiston's teeth, and his arse cheek that fucked up several vertebrae.

All in all, I think you can say he 'connected'...