You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Johnny Depp

Ted

Another serious misstep from Heard yesterday. Chose to take the stand in rebuttal to have the last word, was particularly bad about most things, and under cross-examination volunteered, twice, that she wrote the op-ed about Depp to ‘challenge his power.’ Most legal commentators think she just handed the case to him. Most amusing comment being that she climbed into the coffin and hammered the nails into it from the inside.

Yep that was a spectacular own goal. Yet again she came across as a liar.

It's obvious she leaked the material to TMZ, and staged certain photographs.

I have no doubt that he was abusive at times, as was she and they were both in a toxic relationship.

However, a case like this comes down to who the jury want to win and hence they will latch onto evidence that supports that and dismiss/marginalise that which does not support their belief.

In this case she has come across as intensely dislikeable and dishonest. 

But I'm still not sure Depp has done enough to win rather than get a score draw

2 hours ago, redheart said:

But I'm still not sure Depp has done enough to win rather than get a score draw

It does feel a bit that way. They made her look like a liar, they made her witnesses look shoddy and unprofessional, but did they prove that it was a deliberate hoax or have evidence that it was clearly staged... I don't really think so. Beyond reasonable doubt? For me, yes. For the Jury? I dunno, she's clearly a crazy, shitbag liar. I would fucking love it if she lost though. 

50 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

That Camille Vasquez is some woman. I want to Marry her and get into daily arguments with her just so she can destroy me and then make me her little bitch.

She makes the little fella twitch quite a lot.

She's great.

A couple of nice looking women everyday on the pew right behind Depp's Lawyers as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Given that a British court has already found that Johnny has hit and abused her, is this trial basically to find out how psycho a woman has to go to justify giving her a slap

It seems to be an exercise in justifying toxic masculinity if it's an actor we really like.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The beardy fella on the laptop?

Yeah watch it again Vlad. Someone's impersonating his voice and the I think the video of him is superimposed.  Lawyer is dubbed as well. 

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

Given that a British court has already found that Johnny has hit and abused her, is this trial basically to find out how psycho a woman has to go to justify giving her a slap

It’s now clear she perjured herself in the British trial. 

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

Wasn’t that against the rag?

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Wasn’t that against the rag?

Yep. He lost a libel case against them. To some that's as good as him being guilty of being a woman beating abuser. To anyone with a shred of decency you'd question the outcome and wait to see what a trial without them and their stinking snake lawyers throws up. 

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

It seems to be an exercise in justifying toxic masculinity if it's an actor we really like.

That’s a hell of a thing to put on people so flippantly. There’s no actor in the world that I could like enough to cover for what they have accused Johnny Depp of. Even if I did like him as an actor (I don’t give a shit about his acting career), Pirates of the Caribbean isn’t enough to make me look beyond him raping her with a bottle, smashing her repeatedly in the face, etc. if that was anywhere near believable, and after watching the best part of a month worth of trial, it’s my own personal judgement that she is the abuser, that he is a victim of manipulation, lies, and physical abuse. I think she put a cigarette out on him, I think he had his finger cut off by her, and I think that isn’t as bad as the mental abuse. I think she lied about much of what she says and I think she staged photos. I think he probably was, as an addict, a nightmare to live with at times. I think the evidence backs most of that up. I honestly don’t care about his films or his acting career. I just think he’s the victim here. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think he's a shit actor but it looks as though she's fucked up her case here.

Yes, a lot of people seem to think that. All the medical experts have obviously retrained as lawyers now.

What makes you think she has fucked up her case?

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Yes, a lot of people seem to think that. All the medical experts have obviously retrained as lawyers now.

Well she admitted the Op Ed piece was about Depp when one of the planks of her defence was that it did not mention him and was not about him

That and blatantly lying throughout

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I can only go by the bits I've seen but it looks as though her evidence has had holes put through it and she is portraying herself,with that evidence,as manipulating.

3 minutes ago, redheart said:

Well she admitted the Op Ed piece was about Depp when one of the planks of her defence was that it did not mention him and was not about him

That and blatantly lying throughout

Even if that is true, it's not enough in itself for her to lose the case. A successful defamation suit needs to first of all prove that what she wrote in that piece was untrue.

I'm aware there are certainly a great many people who fancy themselves as human lie detectors.

Bizarre take. I assume you haven’t actually watched the trial? 

It’s so strange to hear somebody flippantly dismissed as somebody being okay with toxic masculinity if they like the actor, that they used to be vaccine loons, or they’re human lie detectors just because they have an opinion on the evidence given, not just from the two actors but from expert witnesses, which is exactly what the jury is being asked to do.