You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris

People have a right to believe in God or not - Anelka is a Mulsim? - What has that got to do with me? People also have a right to believe that it is pie in the sky nonsense. We all decide what route to take. But I am not having some fucking cunt make snide digs at my beliefs every 10 minutes to get a reaction. As I said keep it on PM and as Drewy said keep it off TLW. Sick of it. SD is the same as theRedHorse - yet one is banned and one isn't! Fuck them all off!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a better idea, keep it the fuck off TLW full stop.

Agreed. I apologise for trying to make a joke out of Rashid's full-on affection for Muslim footballers (Nasri, Ben Arfa, Benzema, Anelka etc ad infinitum). Obviously some people lack the requisite psychological machinery for dealing with that sort of thing without flying off the handle.

I make no apology for reacting angrily to accusations of racism, or people stating that they would beat the shit out of me. That stuff is pathetic.

Religion is not a race. A white person can be a Muslim. So, calling someone's religion retarded is not an inherently racist comment. Just to clear that up.

Indeed- but it is bigotry.

Would it be acceptable to call all Welshmen sheep shagging cocksuckers? Technically, Welsh is not a race (although Celts may be).

What about saying something against Jews? (Bearing in mind that Israel is happy to import African Jews to maintain demographic superiority, Judaism too is a religion).

So lets have some consistency here- either all bigotry is permitted or none.

Personally, I'd rather this shit was kept off the Footy forum. If people want to make shitty comments about each others religion or beliefs set up an Intolerance forum and eff off there, chaps.

Thank you.

Would it be acceptable to call all Welshmen sheep shagging cocksuckers? Technically, Welsh is not a race (although Celts may be).

What about saying something against Jews? (Bearing in mind that Israel is happy to import African Jews to maintain demographic superiority, Judaism too is a religion).

Personally, I'd rather this shit was kept off the Footy forum. If people want to make shitty comments about each others religion or beliefs set up an Intolerance forum and eff off there, chaps.

Thank you.

I'm not saying that its acceptable - all I'm saying is that it's not racism.

Thank you.

I would like to concur with the jsjazz. I have been coming onto the forum and have been lurking since 2001/2, while I was at uni. I enjoy the banter, the football talk, and the teasing; but this latest episode of bigotry is really taking the piss. It seems to have started by the RedHorse, and it hasn't stopped still from ALL sides. It makes this place tiresome and unwelcoming. I'm sure we have lost potential new Liverpool forumites since this past week.

Can everybody get a grip.

:(

I challenge that opinion (does telling someone you think their beliefs are silly really count as intolerance? I very much doubt it) but I'm in no mood to debate the subject. Let's just leave it, eh?

I challenge that opinion (does telling someone you think their beliefs are silly really count as intolerance? I very much doubt it) but I'm in no mood to debate the subject. Let's just leave it, eh?

(On behalf of the whole forum)

If only.

I assumed. Am a bit sensitive at the moment after what SD said. Had enough. Sorry if you weren't mate.

Ah piss off you drama queen. He called religious people retarded but that's about it! Anyone calling him racist is just using the race card - as he said Islam is not a race, and he's openly admitted he's anti-islam (and every other religion) many times before. Don't think he says anything about islamic culture, just the religion.

isr - true colours? The provocation wasn't that extreme?

• 4 months later...

Liverpool will rue letting Anelka go - The National Newspaper

Liverpool will rue letting Anelka go

Ian Rush

My former Liverpool teammate Sammy Lee once told me Nicolas Anelka had everything as a striker and could do anything he wanted. He worked with him at Bolton and when you see someone in training every day, that’s when you really know how good they are.

I know not everyone will agree, but I am with Sammy on this one. For me, Anelka is a world-class striker, and it’s fair to put him up there with, say, Fernando Torres.

He has proved he can score goals everywhere, in the top leagues and with top teams, with either foot and his head.

He is an all-round player, but doesn’t always get the plaudits he deserves because maybe he has not achieved as much as he could have since leaving Arsenal, and gained a bad reputation because of his attitude.

Anelka can be a bit sulky and seem disinterested when things are not going his way, but maybe he’s that way because he cares, he wants to play all the time and he wants to succeed. Should players be happy to be left out or taken off in a game?

I believe he’s a special talent. It didn’t work out for him at Liverpool after his loan spell in 2002 and that was a shame because I think he would have done well had he signed permanently. He could have been wearing Liverpool red today instead of Chelsea blue.

Before Torres came, what Liverpool lacked was someone with pace and a direct approach up front. Anelka has that raw speed and power as well as experience, but just seems to have lacked consistency, and maybe that support and reassurance from his managers. Phil Scolari seems to have pressed the right buttons at Chelsea and got him playing really well again.

He’s not just scoring goals, but making them too and being a key asset for the team.

Anelka will be desperate to do well against Liverpool, given that it is his former club, and I would stick with him at the moment even if Didier Drogba is fit because you want to keep him at this high level.

Chelsea will be favourites today, as they are for the title, and rightly so because they have such a strong and talented squad and doing exactly what they have to.

Scolari has made them entertaining, winning 5-0 at Middlesbrough one week, but they can also play ugly, as in the 1-0 victory against Roma in the Champions League.

To be a successful team, you have to be able to do that, to peak against any team, to fight or play with flair when you have to.Half of the team who beat Boro are not even the first choice so it shows how strong their squad are and Liverpool’s own fringe players will have to step up too if they are to match them this season.

The Reds will do well to get a point at Stamford Bridge. Despite the results they are still not playing at their best, but if they can stay unbeaten and joint top of the league, it will be great for their confidence.

I also think they step up a gear in the big games, like they showed against Manchester United and at City, when they came from behind to win.

They can’t afford to let Chelsea have that kind of a start and without Torres it will be even harder for them. Dirk Kuyt can lead the line though and he is very much an unsung hero for the Reds.

I think it will be a tight game, but settled by the strikers. Anelka is the one who could well make the difference.