You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Salou

woodylfc

A couple of years ago I was dragged to Salou by the girlfriend and familly for a two week holiday. I wasnt happy about it but one day walked down the main street and was confronted by Shankleys bar. The best part was that it was the 1 year aniversary of Istanbul so the were showing the final on repeat all day. Needless to say the majority of my holiday revolved around excuses to "pop to the shops etc" which resulted in me staggering out of said bar hours later. Problem was the missus found the place and anytime I went missing I could easily found. Anyway reason for the post - I am sorting out a stag do for a mate and was wondering if the bar is still open. Anybody been there recently. I think the owner, Chris is a season ticket holder

Don't know about the bar, but my lads went with their grandparents and unanimously agreed that it was the worst place they've ever visited ("like Blackpool in Spain, but dirtier" and "slewing with common people" were a couple of my 14 year olds opinions).

That could be said about numerous places in Spain, Benidorm being one of them.

My in-laws love Benidorm and go three times a year anyway I have always said anywhere bar benidorm when asked where i would like to go on a holiday as im not normally arsed

But Last year the wife wanted to go on holiday with her mum and dad while she still has them so what can you say to that ?

Off to Benidorm we go

Now i know some people love it but from the moment i got there and looked up only to see nothing but tower blocks i hated it and have never wanted a holiday to end quicker in my life

And we stayed in the hotel that they filmed Benidorm in nice pool is about all you can say

I cant for the life of me see what people see in that pit i really cant

So its back to my quiet fishing village on the med type place next for me

Im continously surprised when anyone on this forum goes abroad and doesnt ask me directly for help and advise. As someone whose been to Wales and the Isle of Man when i was 10, I class myself as an expert in travel.

As for Salou. Ive never been but it is an anagram of Ouals.

Please dont thank me. You satisfation is all I need.

A couple of years ago I was dragged to Salou by the girlfriend and familly for a two week holiday. I wasnt happy about it but one day walked down the main street and was confronted by Shankleys bar. The best part was that it was the 1 year aniversary of Istanbul so the were showing the final on repeat all day. Needless to say the majority of my holiday revolved around excuses to "pop to the shops etc" which resulted in me staggering out of said bar hours later. Problem was the missus found the place and anytime I went missing I could easily found. Anyway reason for the post - I am sorting out a stag do for a mate and was wondering if the bar is still open. Anybody been there recently. I think the owner, Chris is a season ticket holder

My mates were there a few weeks ago and its still there. Heard its a cracking spot.