You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit Of Shankly Poll Question 1

See post for question  

119 members have voted

1. 1. See post for question

In the light of yesterday’s report in the Liverpool Echo where it was claimed Mr Hicks walked away from negotiations because he rejected DIC’s proposal of a supporter’s representative with full voting rights, we would like to clarify amongst the support on as wide a basis as possible where they stand on such an issue.

Would you welcome a democratically elected Supporter Representative, with full voting rights, on the board of Liverpool FC?

How would they be elected? How do we ensure that it is Liverpool fans who are voting? Would it be restricted to season ticket holders?

The idea is great, Dave U gets my vote.

Rashid, At this moment in time it's not how we will do it, but would 3we welcome it. We can deal with the details later. Let's not take this issue off track quite so quickly.

Do the SoS sit at home with a blunderbuss and a pile of stories infront of them and whatever they hit they make an issue out of?

It all a very noble cause but when you start making issues out of speculative stories with spurious sources (that didn't, at the very least, even say an Anfield insider) then it starts to muddy the water.

I'm struggling to put a finger on what exactly the SoS is trying to achieve at the moment.

Do the SoS sit at home with a blunderbuss and a pile of stories infront of them and whatever they hit they make an issue out of?

It all a very noble cause but when you start making issues out of speculative stories with spurious sources (that didn't, at the very least, even say an Anfield insider) then it starts to muddy the water.

I'm struggling to put a finger on what exactly the SoS is trying to achieve at the moment.

Perhaps they know more than you, like Bascombe did. Only a fool never learns from his mistakes.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Just to clear something up, and i'm not going to elaborate any further than on this post

The story about DIC wanting fan representation at board level is not speculation.

It is fact

Are you Rick Parry?

Perhaps they know more than you, like Bascombe did. Only a fool never learns from his mistakes.

This would be the imminent sacking Bascombe yeah?

There are now three polls

1)Do you want a fan Rep

2)Should we boycott merchandise/food/drink

3)should we boycott Carlsberg

Two of those could be merged into one and all three aren't neccesary in the first place.

Set out what they want to achieive and how they want to acheive it. Put that plan forward and ask for feedback then tailor the plan according to the response.

So far it gives the impression of a group of people not entirely sure what to do or how to do it beyond asking a million questions or issuing open letters to everything Hicks says.

1)Do you want a fan Rep

Two of those could be merged into one and all three aren't neccesary in the first place.

Set out what they want to achieive and how they want to acheive it. Put that plan forward and ask for feedback then tailor the plan according to the response.

So far it gives the impression of a group of people not entirely sure what to do or how to do it beyond asking a million questions or issuing open letters to everything Hicks says.

I'll leave you to it, you certainly don't need encouragement from me to display what a knobhead you are.

1)Do you want a fan Rep

See this is what does my fucking head in

They come up with ideas, don't consult anyone and get arl arses saying "You don't speak for me"

They come up with some ideas, try to guage opinion, and the very same arl arses moan about them being indecisive

Can't have it both ways

Some people are just professional fucking moaners though, probably the type of people who eat in restaurants, lick the plates clean and then complain to the waiter in an effort to get it comped.

They come up with ideas, don't consult anyone and get arl arses saying "You don't speak for me"

They come up with some ideas, try to guage opinion, and the very same arl arses moan about them being indecisive

Can't have it both ways

Some people are just professional fucking moaners though, probably the type of people who eat in restaurants, lick the plates clean and then complain to the waiter in an effort to get it comped.

Don't waste your time, he'd complain regardless of what you did, a twentysomething Victor Mildrew.

Can't have it both ways

But some people are just giant Cwatunts.

Ignore him. He's full of shit. Just ask the Rash.

I've voted yes, but I get the feeling that DIC have made this up and it was never on the agenda but was just leaked to turn the fans more against Hicks (as if that was needed!)

It wasn't made up, it was actually discussed betwen certain parties a few days before Hicks dropped talks with DIC

It wasn't made up, it was actually discussed betwen certain parties a few days before Hicks dropped talks with DIC

Glad to hear that. I think DIC are been a bit stupid with their constant leaks and I wasn't surprised when Hicks pulled the plug. I was worried that they may be making things up, but if members of this board have met with them, then I'm glad to hear it was real.

Can't have it both ways

There's a difference between coming up with ideas and pushing forward those ideas without consulting people (like RTK) and setting out what you want to acheive, how you want to acheive it and asking for opinions. The scatter gun approach to everything just seem's a little junior managers in a brainstorming session.

Although I'll happily admit the idea of SoS haing any significant power makes me nervous, especially having read the opinions of some of those fronting it (which may or may not be only a small number of those actually involved at whatever level I accept).