You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Penate was excellent - would definately go to one of his gigs again.

Yeah hes class live, been to see him 3 times and everytime hes been excellent.

Who was lucky enough to go and see Neil Diamond? Be honest everyone is a guilty Neil Diamond fan.

The Zutons are shite live or otherwise. They should go away. I watched Neil Diamond, thought he sounded poor although he might have have been having technical problems.

Bit harsh that isnt it?

Everytime I have seen them live they have been superb.

But then they are my favourite band since Oasis so my judgement may be a bit clouded.

Bit harsh that isnt it?

Everytime I have seen them live they have been superb.

But then they are my favourite band since Oasis so my judgement may be a bit clouded.

Just my opinion Alex. I also think having that bird saxo player has definitely furthered their career.

Just my opinion Alex. I also think having that bird saxo player has definitely furthered their career.

Fair dues.

I deffo would shag Abi (the sax player). She could blow on my instrument all night long.

• 3 weeks later...

Got back from Spain after going to Benicassim last weekend. Having a sunny festival ruled, having no bands that I knew didn't. It's good but not worth nearly the same as Glastonbury by any means.

I liked Babyshambles, the Rumble strips and Courteeners. I kept an eye out for Brian Jonestown Massacre after reading about them on here. They were OK but got a bit samey. Avoided Morrisey and Mika like my balls depended on it.

• 1 month later...

the summers not quite over thankfully.

electric picnic on this weekend and even though they havent booked as many headline names as they have in the past, always a brilliant buzz about the place though and never a sign of trouble and im quite looking forward to seeing bookashade, dan deacon, christy moore, crystal castles, santogold, george clinton and the p funk allstars, my bloody valentine, underworld, the congo's, the roots, grindermen, sigur ros aswell as a great collection of electro acts throughout the place.....

and i think im going to check out grace jones aswell, im not sure why but i just feel drawn to it.

hopefully ill be blessed with back to school sunshine aswell.

Just immature teenage twats acting the big one because they've been let out of their boarding schools for the weekend. Massive fires everywhere and gas canister explosions every 10 minutes next to our tent. Plus our flag got stolen when we were sleeping.

My fault we didn't meet mate, only just got your text because my phone died on the Thursday haaha.

the summers not quite over thankfully.

electric picnic on this weekend and even though they havent booked as many headline names as they have in the past' date=' always a brilliant buzz about the place though and never a sign of trouble and im quite looking forward to seeing bookashade, dan deacon, christy moore, crystal castles, [b']santogold[/b], george clinton and the p funk allstars, my bloody valentine, underworld, the congo's, the roots, grindermen, sigur ros aswell as a great collection of electro acts throughout the place.....

and i think im going to check out grace jones aswell, im not sure why but i just feel drawn to it.

hopefully ill be blessed with back to school sunshine aswell.

Very good live when I saw her, great album aswell.

Got back from the Leeds fest today too.

Started disasterously on Thursday. I only live in Leeds and it took us 5 hours to do the 15 miles to Bramham.

Ended up staying in the Brown site. Some Manc smackhead my mate made us go with heard from his mate that it was the driest on to stay on. Ended up pitching our tent in standing water which, even after a pretty dry Friday and glorious days on Sat & Sund, was still there this morning.

Should have known: Brown = Shit

My mate had bought a new tent for the festival which he decided not to bother trying to set it up at home first. It then took us a further 2 hours to do that.

I'd also taken the most inapproriate pair of trainers ever thinking it would be fine (despite seeing the Weds night monsoon first hand). Went for a wander and got as far as the carnival rides before throwing a fit at losing my trainers for the umpteeth time. Ended walking back to the tent, mainly bare footed and was in bed by about 11am.

Luckily, my mate bought us some wellys while he was out so I could have a wander the next day.

As he didn't get in till about 7am and was having a serious come down, so I decided to take the opportunity to get the bus back to my flat in Leeds, have a shower etc

After my shower etc, my mood was one of renewed optimisim. Got the bus back and stayed at the Main Stage pretty much all day and had a boss day. Saw Avenged Sevenfold, Feeder, Tenacious D amoungst others but Metallica were simply awesome and really made my day.

Ended up in the silent disco till about 4am before stumbling back to the Shit Camp again.

Another boss day Sat. Really enjoyed Biffy Clyro, QOTSA & Serj Tankain. Personally, was a bit disappointed with RATM. I've seen better. However, this might just be me, as to be honest, nothing would have topped Metallica.

Ended up in quite a few of the bars around the arena entrance and again stumbling (and falling flat on my face in the mub) back to the tent.

Again, another boss day Sund. Saw Justice, Foals, Alkaline Trio, Manics & Gaslight Anthem.

Pretty wiped last night so had an early one. Came back early doors this morning. Was relieved queue back to the buses weren't too bad.

Despite the shitness of Thursday, which I partially bought on myself, it was fucking excellent. I missed the riots in the Shit Camp

Just immature teenage twats acting the big one because they've been let out of their boarding schools for the weekend. Massive fires everywhere and gas canister explosions every 10 minutes next to our tent. Plus our flag got stolen when we were sleeping.

My fault we didn't meet mate, only just got your text because my phone died on the Thursday haaha.

No worries, avoided meeting Chris too!

Typical Leeds then - that's why I had retired from the festival in 2003.

Good day on Saturday - started ace with Future if the Left and Blood Red Shoes, bit of a lull in the middle (The Fratellis? Jesus, like some weird hybrid of the Zutons and 70's glam rock.) then Frank Turner, Less Than Jake and Rage. Sweet.