You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Ghost Stories. 4/10

Thought it start off very slowly and was bored half way through the first story. Stuck with it till the end but it just had the feeling of seen it all before about it.

Anyone else starting to get a bit fed up with Martin Freeman ?

Just checked IMDB. Seems I’ve only seen him in a couple of things. Lock, Stock, which I thought was a pile of shite, and The Old Curiosity Shop, which I remember enjoying.

What? Not having that.

There was some amusing bits but I kept checking how long was left. I reckon id of liked it more if it was something I stumbled upon and not heard about it.

I watched Napoleon dynamite and thought it was absolutely shite then I spoke to a mate about it who had seen it, before long we were in stitches laughing about different scenes.

Black Panther - Absolute shite. One of the worst films I’ve seen in some time. Poor acting all round there’s nothing redeeming about it at all.

I only sat through it as I want to watch Avengers Infinity Wars and there’s supposed to be some story build up.

1/10 overated Garbage

• Upvote 1

First Reformed.

Dark, gritty movie which has very grim storylines yet is strangely gripping and weirdly enjoyable. How much of the backstory is based on facts/embellishment would be interesting to learn.

Ethan Hawke plays the part of the Pastor perfectly. 8.5/10

Black Panther - Absolute shite. One of the worst films I’ve seen in some time. Poor acting all round there’s nothing redeeming about it at all.

I only sat through it as I want to watch Avengers Infinity Wars and there’s supposed to be some story build up.

1/10 overated Garbage

Very little of black panther is relevant to infinity war. Which makes black panther even worse, because it doesn't serve any purpose other than ticking a box to say they've made a black superhero film now.

Can basically be summed up with, African country has vibranium, vibranium is good for making high tech stuff, they don't want to share with the world so hide themselves.

Small fight to see who becomes new king of said African country, New King decides not to hide anymore, and share high tech stuff with the world now.

Somebody could go into infinity war just knowing that and it'd be enough to understand wakandas relevance entirely.

Very little of black panther is relevant to infinity war. Which makes black panther even worse, because it doesn't serve any purpose other than ticking a box to say they've made a black superhero film now.

Can basically be summed up with, African country has vibranium, vibranium is good for making high tech stuff, they don't want to share with the world so hide themselves.

Small fight to see who becomes new king of said African country, New King decides not to hide anymore, and share high tech stuff with the world now.

Somebody could go into infinity war just knowing that and it'd be enough to understand wakandas relevance entirely.

Ha, ha, ha! “Ticking a box”. Mr Diversity over here. Billions of people around the world who never see people who look like them when they watch blockbuster movies might just disagree.
  • Upvote 2

Ha, ha, ha! “Ticking a box”. Mr Diversity over here. Billions of people around the world who never see people who look like them when they watch blockbuster movies might just disagree.

If I ever catch you disrespecting Hancock again, I'm going straight to Dave. Racist.

Also, shut up Paul, they don't even have TVs in Africa.

I'm actually in two minds. I hate the the idea of making movies or giving roles to people just because they're black or female or whatever, whilst also seeing a need to be reflective of the society you're in and playing to. I guess I'm just happy that they didn't remake Superman with a black woman in the lead. Wakanda forever. Well, for 90 minutes.

Superman vs Batman - What a fucking diabolical film. I feel like someone has stolen from me.

A Prayer Before Dawn - Dark, heavy, gritty! Brilliantly directed, some bits you can't take your eyes off, other bits you can barely watch. It's a very good film, but one that you will probably only want to watch once.

Deadpool 2 - Funny. They could make 100 of these and they'll always be worth a watch. Don't expect anything groundbreaking.

If I ever catch you disrespecting Hancock again, I'm going straight to Dave. Racist.

Also, shut up Paul, they don't even have TVs in Africa.

I'm actually in two minds. I hate the the idea of making movies or giving roles to people just because they're black or female or whatever, whilst also seeing a need to be reflective of the society you're in and playing to. I guess I'm just happy that they didn't remake Superman with a black woman in the lead. Wakanda forever. Well, for 90 minutes.

Supercis.