You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benitez on SSN

Thomo123

Moores is on the board still isnt he? It was him that dealed with the yanks, and him that brough Rafa in. They could really do with getting moores involved here to smooth things over. This is turning in to an absolute farce. Id love to know what the board have done to prevent this shite from escalating this far. It should never have left the club

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m pleased Raffa has spoken out.

They bought the club with a clear understanding of what transfer funding was required.

Raffas trying to force their hand by not accepting any dithering over squad improvement.

Raffa is doing the right thing, it’s vital we support him.

From Spanish Red on RAWK

Guillem Balague spoke last night on Cadena SER, the Spanish radio station, about the issue. He just said what it has been said here, that Benitez wanted to sell two players and buy other two but the owners would not allow any transfers till mid December, and Benitez was really pissed off. He also mentioned his very bad relationship with Parry

Ballagues usually spot on, well connected with Benitez

Rafa doesn't pay their wages, LFC do.

How many players will be leaving Chelsea this January now that Jose has gone? How many players will be leaving Seville for Spurs, how many Valencia players left for Liverpool when Rafa left... I think that answers your question.

No it doesn't. Valencia players not leaving Valencia for Liverpool? It's not quite the same when you're playing in your own country is it?

There are several players at Liverpool that probably wouldn't be here were it not for the strong Spanish connections we have as a club, and they are largely down to Benitez. If he went, I would be very surprised if a few didn't follow him out of the door.

As for your Chelsea comments, there will be more than a few bailing out of Chelsea this year and next.

From Spanish Red on RAWK

Guillem Balague spoke last night on Cadena SER, the Spanish radio station, about the issue. He just said what it has been said here, that Benitez wanted to sell two players and buy other two but the owners would not allow any transfers till mid December, and Benitez was really pissed off. He also mentioned his very bad relationship with Parry

Is he really that close to Benitez these days? Confidants don't blab everything to the media and stay confidants.

From Spanish Red on RAWK

Why has Raffa got a bad relationship with Parry?

Because Parry is useless. A fine example is Rafa wanting to sign Vidic but Parry fucked about in sorting the transfer out and this allowed Man Utd to come in and sign him.

Probably this is what Rafa can see happening again and therefore is trying to stop it.

He wants Mascher sorted and talking about David Villa as well......we still need cover in the middle at theback..... if Carra ever got injured we`d be fucked.....but if he wants to buy he`s got to get rid of some of the dross we have aquired most of it bought by himself......cant blame Ged any longer Rafa .....you have bought enough rubbish yourself

He wants Mascher sorted and talking about David Villa as well......we still need cover in the middle at theback..... if Carra ever got injured we`d be fucked.....but if he wants to buy he`s got to get rid of some of the dross we have aquired most of it bought by himself......cant blame Ged any longer Rafa .....you have bought enough rubbish yourself

The thing is Rafa is wanting to sell some players but it seems he is been told not to do that either.

Because Parry is useless. A fine example is Rafa wanting to sign Vidic but Parry fucked about in sorting the transfer out and this allowed Man Utd to come in and sign him.

Probably this is what Rafa can see happening again and therefore is trying to stop it.

That happened almost 2 years ago.

At the time we were struggling to raise a transfer kitty and couldn’t compete with the salary the Scum were offering.

There must be more to Raffa’s alleged discontent with Parry than that.

Correct, which is why im with Rafa on this. Parry should be preventing situations like this arising. 2month meetings with owners will solve fuck all. things need to be done on a day to day basis

What would you consider as dross now mate?

The players he has bought who havnt figured out he has sold pretty sharpish. Nando, Pellegrino, Josemi, Gonzalez

I wonder how much of this is due to a clash in business culture? I've worked for two firms which were taken over by North American firms and the friction it caused was unreal.

Their people and man-management skills were none-existant and the senior management where incredibly arrogant people. They have a 'storm in and take charge' attitude which doesn't go down well with what they call 'entrenched management' and usually ends up in lots of people getting the sack.

As a business culture they also expct you to surrender your life completely to their goals with family life etc coming a distant second.

FUCKING HELL

Yeah, I'm 100% sure that Vidic, given the choice between the two clubs, would DEFFO have come to Liverpool, had it not been for Parry's dithering/ Moores being rubbish/ the poor weather we had in summer/ the collapse of Northern Rock/ some bloke looking at him a bit funny in the pub.

See also: Mourinho, Ronaldo, etc etc etc etc.

Can't any of you blerts EVER accept that some players may just prefer, even assuming they WERE given the choice between Liverpool and another club, to NOT join Liverpool?

FUCKING HELL

Yeah, I'm 100% sure that Vidic, given the choice between the two clubs, would DEFFO have come to Liverpool, had it not been for Parry's dithering/ Moores being rubbish/ the poor weather we had in summer/ the collapse of Northern Rock/ some bloke looking at him a bit funny in the pub.

Can't any of you blerts EVER accept that some players may just prefer, even assuming they WERE given the choice between Liverpool and another club, to NOT join Liverpool?

Why do you always soil your valid points with personal abuse, ya loud-mouthed gobby cunt?

It strikes me that this all comes down to poor communication and leadership. As far as I'm concerned, the job of the owners is to tell Rafa what the targets are and set his budget for him. Everything else on the football side should be down to him and if the budget is peanuts, he has to juggle what he's got and sell a few players (although I think it would be short-sighted of the owners if they didn't give him a hefty wedge). However, it's pretty clear that, like in the summer, they haven't set a fixed budget and haven't given Rafa the full picture so he can do his job.

I wonder how much of this is due to a clash in business culture? I've worked for two firms which were taken over by North American firms and the friction it caused was unreal.

Their people and man-management skills were none-existant and the senior management where incredibly arrogant people. They have a 'storm in and take charge' attitude which doesn't go down well with what they call 'entrenched management' and usually ends up in lots of people getting the sack.

As a business culture they also expct you to surrender your life completely to their goals with family life etc coming a distant second.

True, I worked for an American company for 7 years and that could have easily have been them you were describing.

FUCKING HELL

Fuck off

Parry is a useless cunt of international renown, you wouldn't want him by your side in any situation which is why Rafs is probably feeling so isolated and pissed off. While the owners and Rafa are taking pot-shots at each other that useless idiot is probably sitting under his desk totalling up his pension contributions.

Which dross bought by Rafa do you refer to? Who said anything about Villa anyway? Apparently he wants the money for a CB.

FUCKING HELL

I think Rafs quotes about how there is "always talk and talk, but no action", show that the current Liverpool board have a problem with being decisive. As does the current situation

Blert

I don't know the answer - but I do know that if I was an American businessman who in the last year had seen a credit crunch engulf the entire western economy, the currency in which my wealth was held devalued to the point other countries are desperate to get rid of it, and both the US and Britain on the point of recession, I might well have scaled down my plans for vast loans in aid of speculative investments that would (even in a perfect economic climate) take years to reap any reward.

Or is it not "The Liverpool Way" to think that?

It causes slight irritation when I think of how the mancs/glazer refinanced when everything was still looking rosy. Spawny fuckers.