You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FULHAM MATCH THREAD

RedAdmiral

Fulham were poor today yet we took 81 minutes to score and that was down to a piece of brilliance by Torres. If we had scored in the first half, we would have ran up a Derby type score. The Reds were pretty at times until they came to the box. I see no improvement , accept that injuries are a problem but the side lacks that guile which is needed to win the League.However, 3 points and who knows what will happen in tomorrow's games. The other side of the arguement is that we are still up there , unbeaten and the side can only improve.

Like I said previously I have seen us be shit and win with a bit of briliance by Rush/Fowler/Owen/Kenny/Ronny etc.

3 points

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we played well today. Some very good passing and movement at times. If we had of scored an early goal we would have murdered them.

Rafa was spot on with the team and the subs IMO.

Babel looks to be growing in confidence and that was a lovely little pass for the pen by him.

Not the best performance but definitely a few things to take encouragement from. Namely the difference that the pace of Babel and Torres brought when they came on. We seem to play much better when we are moving the ball quickly and direct.

Fair play to the Fulham fans aswell for brightening up their otherwise shit repetoire of songs with ; "We've won it one time, we've won it one time, the intertoto cup, we've won it one time"

Havent read the thread as Ive only just got back but a great 3 points

My observations were pretty obvious really, until Torres came on the game had 0-0 written all over it

I thought Voronin had another good game and Crouch was poor (but still miles better than Kuyt) and Torres just proves how much we miss him.

I thought we looked good with the full backs (especially arbeloa) getting to the byline

During the game i thought some players just tried to do to much on there own where a simple pass n move would have had better results

Its fairly clear to me we can still make a challenge if our most important player plays in the majority of the rest of the games but if Torres gets another injury were fecked.

I dont like relying on one player but that is how it is for the time being

I thought Voronin had another good game and Crouch was poor (but still miles better than Kuyt) and Torres just proves how much we miss him.

Do you have to mention your loathing for Kuyt in every post?

I dont like relying on one player but that is how it is for the time being

Yeah, like in that 8-0 the other day . . .

3pts, unlucky not to score before Torres came on. Job done.

Now Rafa has an argument for rotating, gotta love the genius.

To all the gloom and doom merchants "Fuck off "

I said it at the begining and i will say it again now we will win the Prem

We will Shite'm all i tell yer

and as for this Great sexy football United play

They have scored 2 goals more than us this season that is it

Defences are the same and we have supposed to have been shite for months Well great, when we click over the next few weeks with all players available, we will be some team.

unbeaten now and will be at the end of the season also

Rafa is a footballing God ahead of his time having to do it the long way when others got the money to do it over one year

You will all see and i hope all those fuckers who moaned like fuck hold there hands up at the end of this season and say well done Rafa and then go and give there head a shake

Defences are the same and we have supposed to have been shite for months Well great, when we click over the next few weeks with all players available, we will be some team.

Rafa is a footballing God ahead of his time having to do it the long way when others got the money to do it over one year

You will all see and i hope all those fuckers who moaned like fuck hold there hands up at the end of this season and say well done Rafa and then go and give there head a shake

Can we have a reality check please

I agree we can still win the title if Torres plays most of the games this season however today we would have probably have drawn this game without Torres.

We have a very good first 11 when everyones fit but we do struggle to break down strong defensive sides and for me thats why we need a player like Berbatov who can unlock defences if Torres isnt firing or is injured.

We'll be ok this season and I think Rafa is beginning to know his strongest team which probably means Crouch with Torres and Gerrard on the right when everyone is fit

Good result. We never played badly just our old habits of wasting chances reared its head again. The one thing about Torres is he makes you realise how poor some of our former strikers in the last few seasons have been.

I'm quick to have a go at Gerrard because I don't particularly like the guy but since he the derby game he seems to have really picked up as a player and a captain.

I feel the same way about him. I really dislike him as a person, but you can't help but applaud the things that he does when he is on form, as he appears to be at the moment.

Ive seen some of the best Liverpool teams score in the last 5 mins to win 1-0 against relegation shite. We should be happy today.

I'm very happy with today. We did everything right from what I watched and it was a matter of time. Torres coming on and scoring was absolutely brilliant though. Glad to see him get a goal in his return to the first team.

Some people talk as if Torres wasn't a Liverpool player, by that I mean, implying ' if it hadn't of been for Torres....' If it hadn't of been for, say, Ian Rush ( as someone else said) we wouldn't of won loads of games.

Wanting to be entertained above watching your team win is mad.

Not liking Gerrard when you don't know him is mad too.

We outplayed them totally and battered them into submission with a tactical change.

United struggled without Rooney and may do again. All teams need their best players and we've been missing at least three of them.

Blah.

Doom and gloom my arse. it is not about that it si about what we see and supporting our club. everyone of us comes on here becaue we believe in in Liverpool bottom line

to be honest I thought we were going to draw the game and probably would have but for torres' moment of magic but liverpool played well we cut them open numerous times you can't ask for more than that (well better finishing but there you go) I pretty much thought the same thing v blackburn away the difference being kuyt missing his golden chance.

Doom and gloom my arse. it is not about that it si about what we see and supporting our club. everyone of us comes on here becaue we believe in in Liverpool bottom line

Then i dont understand cos it has been many a year since we played The True Liverpool Way but under Rafa i can see us getting back there year on year he has improved the team and for the first time in a long time we have a full squad of very good players and a team with 7 world class players in it a couple of additions and with the quality we have in the youngsters we are set for years ahead

we have had 3 world class players injured and Bable Beneyoun Vorinin and Torres all new to the club for 3 of those add trying to settle in a new country

add that to losing an assistant manager the death of the farther of one of your imports plus other injuries and yet we are still in all comps unbeaten in the Prem 3 points of the top and above Chelsea and yet still people moan

this club will be the best in the Prem thsi year under Rafa and many people will look stupid come May

I'm made up with that win and, coming on the back of the Besiktas result, after having ground out a "nothing to be ashamed of" point-a-piece from the Arsenal and Blackburn matches, it looks like we're turning a corner - especially as we've got our classy spine coming back to fitness.

There are just two nagging concerns in my mind right now, though. The first is the fucking international break has come at just the wrong time again; and the second is Kewell: he was hugely impressive on Tuesday, regardless of the paucity of opposition. I just hope he can get fit enough to be available for the crucial matches that are on the horizon - especially the two remaining group matches in the CL and also for United. Does anyone know why he didn't make the squad yesterday? Was Rafa just easing him back, or has he broken down again?

He didn't seem to pick up a knock against Besiktas, and there's been no news of an injury, so maybe Rafa didn't want to burn him out too quickly.

I hope he's fine and he's just being time to get completely back to fitness, because he's looked very useful in the two games he's played in since coming back from injury.

As far as the fucking international break is concerned...Torres isn't in the Spain squad, and Agger and Xabi are not healthy yet, which means the two of them have two more weeks to get to that point without it affecting us. The only real worry is Gerrard, and if he stays healthy, then I'll be a happy camper.

I'm made up with that win and, coming on the back of the Besiktas result, after having ground out a "nothing to be ashamed of" point-a-piece from the Arsenal and Blackburn matches, it looks like we're turning a corner - especially as we've got our classy spine coming back to fitness.

There are just two nagging concerns in my mind right now, though. The first is the fucking international break has come at just the wrong time again; and the second is Kewell: he was hugely impressive on Tuesday, regardless of the paucity of opposition. I just hope he can get fit enough to be available for the crucial matches that are on the horizon - especially the two remaining group matches in the CL and also for United. Does anyone know why he didn't make the squad yesterday? Was Rafa just easing him back, or has he broken down again?

to be honest the international break has come at the right time as agger alonso kewell and torres gain match fitness.

to be honest the international break has come at the right time as agger alonso kewell and torres gain match fitness.

Agree with that however I think Rafa will have some very hard choices when Xabi is fit again, the chief has been superb and he and Gerrard are beginning to form an understanding and playing well as a pair like they did in the chelsea CL semi final. I wouldnt drop El Jeffe so the only way to get Xabi in the team is to move Gerrard to the right.

Another good thing from yesterday is scoring two late goals will calm everyone down. You could see the team and the crowd getting edgy the longer it stayed 0-0 but if we're in a similar situation again later in the season we won't be as nervous because we'll remember yesterday's game, stay calm and keep playing football.

Agree with that however I think Rafa will have some very hard choices when Xabi is fit again, the chief has been superb and he and Gerrard are beginning to form an understanding and playing well as a pair like they did in the chelsea CL semi final. I wouldnt drop El Jeffe so the only way to get Xabi in the team is to move Gerrard to the right.

play all three then choose between yossi/babel/kewell for the left hand side.

but at home I'd play alonso he simply offers more going forwards than masherano.