You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FULHAM MATCH THREAD

RedAdmiral

Doom and gloom my arse. it is not about that it si about what we see and supporting our club. everyone of us comes on here becaue we believe in in Liverpool bottom line

But we won 2-0. We were comfortable all game, but then we brought on three of our youngest, most talented players and they turned the screw, winning the game for us. I don't see what the point is in being negative today. It doesn't matter that it took till the 80th minute to make the breakthrough, surely? If we had scored the two goals in the 10th and 12th minutes and then played exactly the same way as we did, would you have been happier? If you would, then you are surely a retard?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only positive regarding the international break, is that it is on the Saturday. This will allow those that are away, a week to recover.

It is also looking, highly unlikely, Yossi will be travelling, due to injury.

Also to all those supporters who started singing the 'Attack' chant after 20 SECONDS, kindly fuck off.

Can we have a reality check please

:lol:

I can't believe people complaining about yesterday's win. We struggled for a period of games, partly due to key personnel missing, and now seem to play a bit better football again and scoring goals while not conceeding. And yet people complain about winning 2-0, it does my fucking head in.

I feel the same way about him. I really dislike him as a person, but you can't help but applaud the things that he does when he is on form, as he appears to be at the moment.

I really dislike him as a person .

WTF. You live across the other side of the pond so how much of him as a person do you actually know- soundbites and media spin apart ??? Probably about as much as me .

I thought we played very well today, and had we not won I wouldn't have complained about anything other than us not being clinical enough.

Can't believe anyone thinks we played badly, there was some lovely football played today and I'm seeing some encouraging signs at long last.

Agree with you there 100%. All we needed prior to Torres coming on was a little bit of the rub of the green. Even if we had drawn 0-0 I felt there would have been plenty of positives to take from the game. All Torres did was hi-light the gulf between him and the rest of the strikers.

We looked terrible all game. Fulham set heir stall out and we were unable to change our tactics to break them down.

Were you at or did you watch the game? Honestly, with a bit more luck we could have been 2 up before Torres came on. Fulham came here for the point and packed the midfield and defence. As for not chnaging tactics, go watch the video again.

I thought we played alright yesterday. Fulham were never going to allow the space we had midweek so it was up to us to unlock there 8 man defence.

Not only did Torres give us something extra upfront i thought the introduction of Babel also gave us extra pace and he seems to be gaining confidence as the season goes on.

I havent heard of anything regards Kewell so im presuming he was purely rested.

Guest PaddyBerger15
But we won 2-0. We were comfortable all game, but then we brought on three of our youngest, most talented players and they turned the screw, winning the game for us. I don't see what the point is in being negative today. It doesn't matter that it took till the 80th minute to make the breakthrough, surely? If we had scored the two goals in the 10th and 12th minutes and then played exactly the same way as we did, would you have been happier? If you would, then you are surely a retard?

Good posting from the Big O.

I was very happy with the result and the performance yesterday; we played well and were persistent enough to break down a stubborn side. Give Fulham credit, because even though they showed next to nothing in attacking terms, they defended very well and were frustrating our attackers.

What really pleased me was the variety of play; we were attempting different things up front. Obviously it never paid off all of the time but the lads were constantly knocking at the door and we definitly deserved the win.

Babel looked really up for it when he came on as did Torres. My man of the match was one of either Gerrard or Sami. Sami has taken a lot of stick lately, but yesterday he was immense.

I'm made up with that win and, coming on the back of the Besiktas result, after having ground out a "nothing to be ashamed of" point-a-piece from the Arsenal and Blackburn matches, it looks like we're turning a corner - especially as we've got our classy spine coming back to fitness.

There are just two nagging concerns in my mind right now, though. The first is the fucking international break has come at just the wrong time again; and the second is Kewell: he was hugely impressive on Tuesday, regardless of the paucity of opposition. I just hope he can get fit enough to be available for the crucial matches that are on the horizon - especially the two remaining group matches in the CL and also for United. Does anyone know why he didn't make the squad yesterday? Was Rafa just easing him back, or has he broken down again?

My theory is Rafa doesn't want him in the aussie squad - I seem to remember seeing somewhere that he had been picked - Rafa has a stronger argument for not releasing him if he wasn't even on the bench. Just a guess, but it would be a total pisser if we pay his wages indefinitely, put up with a longer rehabilitation period than Christopher Reeve, and then he jets off with the aussies and gets injured again.

The deluded one audio clip:wallbutt: :wallbutt:

Has he completely fallen off the deep end? Rafa makes three subs, EVERY MATCH, not because your tacitcs are working. He made three subs in the 8-0 Match.

A cap on value of players off the bench? Torres' goal a soft goal? Controlling a long range pass(FROM THE GOALKEEPER) with his chest and then taking the piss out of defenders and 'mis-hitting' a shot that leads to a goal? It's called a World Class striker. You fucking retard. That wasn't a penalty? Madness. Lawrie Sanchez could very well be the next manager of Everton.

We finished the stronger side against Blackburn

We turned the screw until the last minute against Besiktas

We broke down Fulham in the last 15 minutes

I think this rotation business and keeping everyone fresh is starting to work! We're finishing games stronger than our opponents and that can only be a good thing.

We finished the stronger side against Blackburn

We turned the screw until the last minute against Besiktas

We broke down Fulham in the last 15 minutes

I think this rotation business and keeping everyone fresh is starting to work! We're finishing games stronger than our opponents and that can only be a good thing.

Well, in those games it's also because we were the better team. Normally the team that's chasing the ball and latch ditch defending will get tired towards the end, and goals will come. I'm not so sure it's really to do with rotation. As Anny Road has pointed out, we used to be famous for winning with late goals back in the 80s, and the Mancs frustratingly did frequently in the late 90s when they were dominant.

Still, when we do it these days, it seems it's not good enough for some of our fans though.

Has he completely fallen off the deep end? Rafa makes three subs, EVERY MATCH, not because your tacitcs are working. He made three subs in the 8-0 Match.

A cap on value of players off the bench? Torres' goal a soft goal? Controlling a long range pass(FROM THE GOALKEEPER) with his chest and then taking the piss out of defenders and 'mis-hitting' a shot that leads to a goal? It's called a World Class striker. You fucking retard. That wasn't a penalty? Madness. Lawrie Sanchez could very well be the next manager of Everton.

Not worth getting too excited about, I think the bit about capping on the subs bench might have been tongue in cheek. As for the penalty the first contact was outside of the box but it was so damn close I can understand why it was given. You would only see it properly by going to video.

It wasn't a penalty, contact was outside the box, it was only the fact that Crouch resembled one of the Twin Towers collapsing that we got it.

It wasn't a penalty, contact was outside the box, it was only the fact that Crouch resembled one of the Twin Towers collapsing that we got it.

ahh come on. Check what happened and you'll see that Crouchy didn't add anything and I defy anybody watching without the aid of a video replay to not call a pen. Yep as I said above it was just outside of the box but at that pace it looked a nailed on pen.

Naming an unchanged side is a risk for Rafa?

Unchanged line-up was a risk - Rafa Benitez

Nov 12 2007 by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ is set to carry on rotating at Anfield, after naming only the second unchanged line-up of his three-year Liverpool reign on Saturday.

The Reds boss sent out the same team which had beaten Besiktas 8-0 in midweek, but admitted afterwards the decision had been a risk as his side toiled to break down Fulham until the 70th minute introduction of Fernando Torres.

“After the game the other day when we played so well, and we had three days to prepare, I thought that was enough time to recover,” said Benitez.

“But really two or three players today were really tired. In the end we won but it was a little bit of a risk because you could see that two or three players weren’t really that fresh.

“But if we score another eight goals I will name an unchanged team, no problem!”