You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This trailer gave me a semi-on

Chris

I saw the movie last weekend. For the love of me I don't remember seeing that image that was posted above.

I will say that while the movie had a really strong opening weekend, I don't expect it to maintain any box office dominance this weekend. It was ok, nothing more, nothing less. It's seems to be the general view of people I know who also saw it. Plus the hand camera shaking thing gets really on your tits.

Think Blair witch project meets Godzilla.

It will be interesting to see what everyone thinks about it when it's released over on your side of the pond.

is it not out in the UK? I saw it last week at the cinema.

I thought it was quite good but im sure a lot of people will hate it, the whole thing is shot from the view of a group of people with a handy cam. The main thing that annoyed me is that there is no explanation of the monster it just shows up, you never learn what it is exactly or where is came from.

I thought it was quite good but im sure a lot of people will hate it, the whole thing is shot from the view of a group of people with a handy cam. The main thing that annoyed me is that there is no explanation of the monster it just shows up, you never learn what it is exactly or where is came from.

Rex,

That would be considered a spoiler:whistle:

apparently at the end of the credits a radio voice is heard saying (or a noise supposedly sounding like a fallen object crashing is heard) that a sattelite fell out of orbit , crashed into sea and awoke the nasty little bollix.

I think you're getting mixed up with 'Lost"

apparently at the end of the credits a radio voice is heard saying (or a noise supposedly sounding like a fallen object crashing is heard) that a sattelite fell out of orbit , crashed into sea and awoke the nasty little bollix.

Not quite.

****SPOILER****

At the end where the film cuts back to the previously recorded film on the tape of their trip to Coney Island, you can see "something" fall from the sky. Could be the monster, could be a satellite as you've said. It doesn't actually tell you where it comes from.

**** SPOILER ENDS ****

Coughcoughsequelcoughcough

Nothing ,absoloutly nothing I've read about this points to werewolves !!

Its a Giant Monster attacking Manhatten .

"5 New Yorkers throw their friend a going-away party the night that a monster the size of a skyscraper descends upon the city. Told from the point of view of their video camera, the film is a document of their attempt to survive the most surreal, horrifying event of their lives"

Theres no music,theres no credits ,The movie strats straight away It's studio logo, production logo, film. The Godzilla comparisons are close to the bone ,the Monster represents the destruction caused on 9/11 the same way Godzilla represented the atom bomb detruction on japan.I'm well pissed off,because unless I go to England and get to a screening over there ,all you fuckers on here will have seen it a month before me .I fucking really really really hate the Irish Movie set up

Nothing ,absoloutly nothing I've read about this points to werewolves !!

Its a Giant Monster attacking Manhatten .

"5 New Yorkers throw their friend a going-away party the night that a monster the size of a skyscraper descends upon the city. Told from the point of view of their video camera, the film is a document of their attempt to survive the most surreal, horrifying event of their lives"

Theres no music,theres no credits ,The movie strats straight away It's studio logo, production logo, film. The Godzilla comparisons are close to the bone ,the Monster represents the destruction caused on 9/11 the same way Godzilla represented the atom bomb detruction on japan.I'm well pissed off,because unless I go to England and get to a screening over there ,all you fuckers on here will have seen it a month before me .I fucking really really really hate the Irish Movie set up

WTF, is that typical of most film releases in Ireland then Gav?

If so thats harsh, being an English speaking neighbour with a border Or do Ni get them late as well?) and close links I always assumed you either got them at the same time or even got a nice loophole and got them a tad early.

It seems to me with the internet making the world that bit smaller that perhaps global releases should be the way to go. But I suppose for promotional, star appearances, premiers and financial risk purposes that's difficult.impossible to do unless its a sure fire hit.

WTF, is that typical of most film releases in Ireland then Gav?

If so thats harsh, being an English speaking neighbour with a border Or do Ni get them late as well?) and close links I always assumed you either got them at the same time or even got a nice loophole and got them a tad early.

It seems to me with the internet making the world that bit smaller that perhaps global releases should be the way to go. But I suppose for promotional, star appearances, premiers and financial risk purposes that's difficult.impossible to do unless its a sure fire hit.

Nope ,they always hit UK before they get here .Must be to do with the postage stamps used or more than Likely our fucking holy joe church funded censors playing the movies backwards in slow mo looking for devil messages,people smoking on screen or a flash of a bit of tit so they can ban it ...shower of victor meldrew cunts the lot of em