You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's football

Newport

34 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh dear. You ok? You seem upset? 

If you can’t see the comparison I was making which is very valid then there’s little I can do.

I think things should be worked for and not given out purely based on ideology.

Not really, disagreeing with someone’s whose opinion I have zero respect for doesn’t really bother me in the slightest.

I sort of get sometimes when people don't like the "shoving down their throat", if you will, of the product of Women's Football, but the complaints about pundits will always be funny. 

As if they're the equivalent of experts explaining a complicated concept and they all need to have been world class male footballers to explain the nuanced intricacies of the game to the viewer. In reality, they're all clowns who can barely get a sentence out. If the alternative is someone like Alex Scott, that is 100% fine.

I have no interest in womans football but I'm delighted they have the opportunity to play and hopefully in a more professional manner with wages enough to support them. 

I do think some of the pushback to womans sports comes from a perceived arrogance from some of them. Clarissa Shields in boxing and some of the comments from WNBA players of wanting first parity in pay, then it turned into wanting the same revenue share. Then its pointed out they dint actually make revenue and are kept afloat by the mens game. Shiels is always shouting her mouth off about being the greatest of all time and even claiming she could beat men in the top 15 at welterweight. 

The same happened when the UFC pushed Ronda Rousey and she really did fall for her own hype claiming she would beat men at her weight and that her boxing was at world level. Then she ran into two woman who had real skill and he ran off to WWE. 

Woman's MMA is superb and imo leads the way in women's sports. It's gone from the UFC saying they'd never do it to headlining cards and putting on some of the best fights in 10 years

17 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I sort of get sometimes when people don't like the "shoving down their throat", if you will, of the product of Women's Football, but the complaints about pundits will always be funny. 

As if they're the equivalent of experts explaining a complicated concept and they all need to have been world class male footballers to explain the nuanced intricacies of the game to the viewer. In reality, they're all clowns who can barely get a sentence out. If the alternative is someone like Alex Scott, that is 100% fine.

It's not really whether people respect the individual pundit or not, it's about whether they've played the sport at the same level. If men's tennis was only just taking off and they had a semi pro commenting on the women's Wimbledon final and saying suff like "that was a poor shot" it'd be equally daft. 

Sometimes the beeb has two on one women for men's footy, which is bonkers. Alex Scott and some other woman talking about "when they played for England" and Dion Dublin is sat on the end of the couch looking sheepish.

Sadly as with all things now when it comes to female inclusion there's no nuanced debate. You can't say you hated the ghostbusters reboot because it was shite, it has to be because you're in incel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Sadly as with all things now when it comes to female inclusion there's no nuanced debate. You can't say you hated the ghostbusters reboot because it was shite, it has to be because you're in incel.

Shit, my wife and sister are both incels?

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's not really whether people respect the individual pundit or not, it's about whether they've played the sport at the same level. If men's tennis was only just taking off and they had a semi pro commenting on the women's Wimbledon final and saying suff like "that was a poor shot" it'd be equally daft. 

Sometimes the beeb has two on one women for men's footy, which is bonkers. Alex Scott and some other woman talking about "when they played for England" and Dion Dublin is sat on the end of the couch looking sheepish.

But thats not true at all. Theres loads of top managers who never played at the same level, yet were gonna say it should be a requirement that pundits all had to

The only reason pundits are mostly former good male footballers is because people know who they are, not because theyre actually better at the job than anybody else. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...