You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ace albums you own that you forgot about

Juniper

Faith No More - Angel Dust

RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Oh, now we're talking - what an absolute monster of an album that is. I remember I saw them play at Maine Road just before they released it - cracking gig even for a stadium show.

BSSM is also a great album, but my mates and I overplayed it even more than MTV did when it came out, meaning that even now I struggle to listen to it all the way through.

Dust- The The

Appetite for destruction - Guns `n`roses

Siamese Dreams - smashing pumpkins

Appetite for destruction is a very good album. Befor Axl Rose lost his mind and went overboard with too much symphonies ...

Dust is an album i listen from time to time and i still really enjoy listening to it...

siamese dreams is a beautiful album, and in my opinion SP never reached that level again, even though mellon collie and infinite sadness was more critically acclaimed

Guest PaddyBerger15
Dust- The The

Appetite for destruction - Guns `n`roses

Siamese Dreams - smashing pumpkins

siamese dreams is a beautiful album, and in my opinion SP never reached that level again, even though mellon collie and infinite sadness was more critically acclaimed

Is absolutely spot on :thumbsup:

The odd song on Mellon Collie hit the heights, but not as consistently as Siamese Dream....as for Adore, well Billy Corgan needing shooting for that piece of shit :whoops:

Portishead - Roseland NYC Live

I've been getting into their Debut record and 'Dummy' again, both very good albums.

I do think Machina is one of their best though......

Couldnt argue with that...I was having a shufty through the stacks of CD storage boxes in my room the other day and there were loads of CDs Id forgotten that Id even bought, nevermind listened to them in a while. Some that have been getting airplay over the last week are:

Superchunk - Tossing Seeds

Monomen - Wrecker

Killing Joke - Night Time

Jack O'Fire - The destruction of squaresville

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Extra Width

That Petrol Emotion - Manic Pop Thrill

The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour

I really must get around to sticking all one billion of them on to my iPod at some point, Ive got about 100 albums on there and then stopped, theres storage boxes I havent even looked in in ages.

The first 2 on that list have certainly tickled me in the right places and brought back teenage/college memories.

That's a top call - superchunk. What an underrated group - kind of got swamped by grunge. You've made me go and check out their myspace site - slack motherfucker - what a tune.

for what it's worth - Born in the uSa by the Boss...always better than i remember

Guest PaddyBerger15
That's a top call - superchunk. What an underrated group - kind of got swamped by grunge. You've made me go and check out their myspace site - slack motherfucker - what a tune.

Good shout bro....I bought that on lovely red vinyl when it came out, mustve been 1992...then bought the CD ages ago. Its worth having just for Slack Motherfucker, great tune, but also for Garlic, Fishing and Cool.....all of those 4 are cracking songs...in fact, I think Fishing might be the best of lot.

I saw Superchunk a couple of times back in the day, on the No Pocky for Kitty tour, still got the tshirt upstairs somewhere.

They came across as a bit geeky on that "Take the tube" video/documentary that they did, but I think basically they were anti-cool anyway.

The singer lives just up the road from my mate in North Carolina...Chapel Hill.

Faith No More - Angel Dust

RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

The Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation

Fishbone - Truth and Soul

Alice In Chains - Jar of Flies (although it's really an EP rather than an album).

God i completely forgot about this album, i absolutely loved it, midlife crisis was my favourite, and BE AGGRESSIVE.. good shout.

Guest PaddyBerger15
God i completely forgot about this album, i absolutely loved it, midlife crisis was my favourite, and BE AGGRESSIVE.. good shout.

Yeah, thats a top shout aswell, Midlife Crisis and Small Victory were great songs. The video to Midlife Crisis was ace....and Epic, that was great and Falling to Pieces.

I was no great lover of Pearl Jam, but Jeremy was out at the same time, that was a top song and video.

Yeah, thats a top shout aswell, Midlife Crisis and Small Victory were great songs. The video to Midlife Crisis was ace....and Epic, that was great and Falling to Pieces.

I was no great lover of Pearl Jam, but Jeremy was out at the same time, that was a top song and video.

Shit, Small Victory forgot that one too, i would have love to have seen them live.. on PJ - Even flow was a tune also.

I thought that for a bit too when I first got into them, it's a logical conclusion.

Me and the girlfriend had a disagreement the other week about which album was better

She said the first, I said the second. Turns out we were both on about Dummy.

It all becomes clear now