You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa (Aston): Match thread

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the probable point this must rank as one of the worst performances of the season.

Good play from Pennant there*.

I can't remember us scoring for a while and we have never looked like scoring today (apart from that move then*).

Our attacking play is so far behind our main competitors. The scrooge like defence can't hide that fact over a campaign.

That game was just painful.

Starting to have real doubts about Dirk,couldnt trap a bag of spuds at times,and sometimes workrate just isnt enough.

Having said that the service to him and Bellamy today was nothing short of woeful.And why we had 2 holding players for 55 mins i"ll never know.

At least 3 top quality players are needed this summer.

Thank fuck Arsenal lost.

But the BS might qualify for the UEFA now :wallbutt:

I was so looking forward to them getting knocked out of the Intertoto by a bunch of Luxembourgish amateurs too.

90th minute before we get our first decent chance on goal.

And no surprises, it came from Robbie Fowler.

Did he run over Rafa's kids or something? Every time I've seen him this season he's done absolutely nothing wrong, but he's lucky if he gets 5 minutes at the end of a match. He should have had half an hour here, we would have won it.

Despite the probable point this must rank as one of the worst performances of the season.

Seemed almost identical to many other performances over maybe the last three years - lots of control, no goals - YAWN.

Without the likes of Garcia or Kewell we are clueless going forward. As you say elsewhere, we are desperately short of quality going forward, to state the bleedin obvious.

I just want the league to be finished - I'm glad I cancelled sly a couple of weeks ago.

I still don't see why some are wanking themselves silly over Mascherano. His distribution was diabolical.

I was going for a meal afterwards with a couple of friends who know my passion for the Reds. They were absolutly stunned when I suggested we should just leave with ten minutes to go.

"It's no rush, we can watch the rest of the game."

"I've had enough already."

By far our shittest performance of the season. Fucking hell.

I still don't see why some are wanking themselves silly over Mascherano. His distribution was diabolical.

I was going for a meal afterwards with a couple of friends who know my passion for the Reds. They were absolutly stunned when I suggested we should just leave with ten minutes to go.

"It's no rush, we can watch the rest of the game."

"I've had enough already."

By far our shittest performance of the season. Fucking hell.

I watched the cricket instead of the final ten minutes of the game, so you're not alone with that feeling.

It really wasn't. He got better as the match went on as well. Considering it was his first start in however many months I thought he did ok.

Painful. No ambition or urgency from either the manager or players today.

I'm worried that the club as a whole, manager and players, have subconsciously given up on league performances and decided to focus on Europe. Top four looks pretty safe, second place is out of reach, so why put in the effort and risk injury and/or exhaustion. I'm afraid we'll see that sort of performance in other league games before the season is out.

The only bright spot was Pennant, who again looked lively coming off the bench.

I think Rafa thinks Bolton are not going to catch us and therefore doesnt want to risk any injuries on the build up to the Champs Lge.

There is a thread about missing Garcia and today once again showed us why he is important to us. He is the only player we have that has any kind of creativity.

Make no mistake about it Aston Villa are a poor side. We should have beaten them by a couple of goals without getting into top gear but we treated the game like a end of season encounter with nothing to play for.

Thought Fowler was unlucky at the end and he showed what its like to have a goalscorer on the pitch, they actually attack the ball instead of hoping the defender misses it.