You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Irish Reds

martyfree

There are some great players here in our own league but Staunton thinks you have to play in England or Scotland to be picked. At Cork City Gamble and O'Donovan are definitely good enough. What pissed me off was a few weeks ago when Alan Bennett joined Reading he wasn't even on the plane over and Staunton said i'll have a look at him. Kevin Doyle should have been an Ireland regular in the senior team while he was still at Cork City, he really stood out at City and should have got a few caps while he was at City.

Personally the national team doesn't bother me i'll watch them and i've been to a few games but i wouldn't be upset if they lost or anything. Liverpool and Cork City are more important to me.

i agree qith you, i expect Ireland to lose so it doesnt bother me, in fact, i watched the england and spain match the other night over our own, seeing as there was more liverpool players on show

it doesnt help when the FAI are basically the biggest bunch of eejits god gave breath to, imagine actually giving Steve staunton a job managing a national side :sniff:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finnan, Duff, Keane, and Given are excellent players, though two of those need to get their acts together. We've some other promising youngsters, and enough in general to be competitive in the group. Getting hammered by Cyprus and scraping a win against San Marino is not a reflection of the quality of our squad, limited as it is. Staunton is a disaster.

Hermes, would you hire a manager with absolutely no experience or charisma? And then hold the players entirely responsible for some of the worst performances in our history?

The FA already have, Steve "it's the players' fault. We've got a lot of injuries" Mclaren. What he sgould be saying is: "I haven't got a clue. I'm obsessed with united players old and new. I dropped Beckham cos it's what the media wanted, and i picked Kieran fucking shite Richardaon, and Phil "it's my turn with me nan, Gary" Neville" Clueless Cunt, i fucking hate Mclaren

The situation won't improve until the pus-filled lesion that goes by the name John Delaney is drained from the flesh of Irish football.

Rarely has an individual so incompetent been matched with a face so gormless.

That's the best description i've ever read of him. :lol:

It's true though Staunton is bad but Delaney is the one who hired him when he said he'd bring in a world class manager. They have Bobby Robson there who's been sick the last few months and they left him defend the display the other night on radio the day after. Staunton and Delaney were in hiding.

The FAI setup is so embarrassing when you compare it to the IRFU, its an easy thing to be professional in everything you do but they're so lazy when it comes to simple things, its money first and players and fans second.

I can't understand how they've been getting away with it for so long as it's clearly obvious that everyone knows its a circus, rugby is taking away the fans from football and we're in serious danger of going backwards even more if the game is not rescued at the top level.

As for those would-be Rebel County clowns above who think the solution lies in the Cork City line up, and who don't give a shit about the national team: Go fuck yourselves. Sad, high-pitched, inarticulate wankers...

Where do you think the solution is you fucking cunt. You're probably a jackeen bastard are ya ? Go fuck yourself boy.

I've no problem with Cork City. When they play in Europe, I'm completely behind them - just as I am, say, Shelbourne in football or Munster in rugby. But to imply that you don't give a fuck about the national side is beyond me. Hence my overreaction. For which I apologise. But I'm in recovery from today's Croke Park nightmare...

I honestly don't think the players you mention, or domestic players generally, are the answer. There are some who have the ability, but playing in Ireland doesn't prepare them adequately in my opinion. Doyle's done brilliantly, but I wouldn't assume that many will repeat that success story. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

We've a decent squad. We need a better managerial team. I think that's the solution...

I've no problem with Cork City. When they play in Europe, I'm completely behind them - just as I am, say, Shelbourne in football or Munster in rugby. But to imply that you don't give a fuck about the national side is beyond me. Hence my overreaction. For which I apologise. But I'm in recovery from today's Croke Park nightmare...

I honestly don't think the players you mention, or domestic players generally, are the answer. There are some who have the ability, but playing in Ireland doesn't prepare them adequately in my opinion. Doyle's done brilliantly, but I wouldn't assume that many will repeat that success story. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

We've a decent squad. We need a better managerial team. I think that's the solution...

I think we all agree we need a new managerial team but that's only part of the solution. But what's the harm in giving players in Ireland a chance. They don't have to be the ones i mentioned that was just an example. If they don't do well then they won't be picked for the next game. As for me not backing the national team as i said already i'll watch them but it won't really upset me if they lose, that's me. You follow the national team and are really in to it like thousands of others in Ireland but it's not for me.

I also apologise for what i said it was over the top, i've had a really shitty day and i'm still hungover so that didn't help either.

The most fucked up , retarded ,incorrect and just plain wrong thread I've evere had the misfortune to stumble across.Hermes has some excuse being a 95 year old welsh man but the rest of you clueless paddies on this thread should bury yer heads in shame ...jesus fuckin H

The most fucked up , retarded ,incorrect and just plain wrong thread I've evere had the misfortune to stumble across.Hermes has some excuse being a 95 year old welsh man but the rest of you clueless paddies on this thread should bury yer heads in shame ...jesus fuckin H

clueless paddies, can we incite you for racism? ;)

he`s from the peoples republic of cork BOY, he doesnt care about us west brits :D

au contrair , as one of the only people on here that actually goes to games (Beni apart ) I feel Staunton is a joke .The FAI fucked up big time , they promised a World class manager , and instead got some senile aul fella and changed it to "world class management team" ...Phillipe Trossier wanted it badly ,and should have gotten it , but he wanted ciontrol of the youth set ups as well ,so the incestous back slappers in the FAI closed ranks to protect dickheads like Don Givens ,and Stan , who has Delaney over a barrell gets the nod ...Theres a story going round over here thats bound to spill out soon .Stan has delaney over a barrell over FAI investment money allegedly

au contrair , as one of the only people on here that actually goes to games (Beni apart ) I feel Staunton is a joke .The FAI fucked up big time , they promised a World class manager , and instead got some senile aul fella and changed it to "world class management team" ...Phillipe Trossier wanted it badly ,and should have gotten it , but he wanted ciontrol of the youth set ups as well ,so the incestous back slappers in the FAI closed ranks to protect dickheads like Don Givens ,and Stan , who has Delaney over a barrell gets the nod ...Theres a story going round over here thats bound to spill out soon .Stan has delaney over a barrell over FAI investment money allegedly

investment money, can you explaina bit more, i havent heard anything liek that, it would explain some things though, because listening to Delaney sayign we have a world class management team, its dillusional, the man needs his head tested, even Stevie wonder can see Stan hasnt a clue, and poor oul bobby is fucked

investment money, can you explaina bit more, i havent heard anything liek that, it would explain some things though, because listening to Delaney sayign we have a world class management team, its dillusional, the man needs his head tested, even Stevie wonder can see Stan hasnt a clue, and poor oul bobby is fucked

I don't have all the details yet ,but theres a link between the two and FAI money is at the heart of it.

The whole organisation is insestious .Look at the prick getting the B international job ,pat Devlin.One of the worst managers in the league and a known tout and "advisor" ,has tried numerous times to sell EL players for peanuts ,made millions out ofAdvising Duff, and forced his own player ( Zayed) to sign for some norweigan crowd for a pittence.

He only got the job because Staunton owed him a favour for giving Stans brother a under 20's cap

The irish international setup reminds me of Leicester city at Filbert street, "sack the manager, sack the board" and all that.

I actually have attended most of the ireland games over the past few years. I will be going to the wales and slovakia games next month and have binoculars at the ready for "Crap Park" as the rugby people I know have labelled it. Gav have pretty much hit the nail on the head. The whole thing is a shambles from start to top to bottom. Staunton is inept (even though I did have so much time for the guy as a player) and the board of the FAI are just rotten to the core.

One of the worst things to happen to the FAI was that genisis report. Before that King Kenny was interested in taking the job but rightly wasnt willing to go through an interview process for the job. Instead the FAI gave the position to that retard Kerr and since then the passion has gone out of the team.

I dont have any real deep passion towards the international setup and dont understand why a merger between the IFA and the FAI isnt possible. Maybe a joint international team is the way forward. I know the hardliners on both sides will have political issues with them in relation to anthems etc but im sure

(a) G-S-T-Q and A-N-BHF.

(b) some newly generated song like irelands call.

can be played.

Like to hear the lads views on this.

The irish international setup reminds me of Leicester city at Filbert street, "sack the manager, sack the board" and all that.

I actually have attended most of the ireland games over the past few years. I will be going to the wales and slovakia games next month and have binoculars at the ready for "Crap Park" as the rugby people I know have labelled it. Gav have pretty much hit the nail on the head. The whole thing is a shambles from start to top to bottom. Staunton is inept (even though I did have so much time for the guy as a player) and the board of the FAI are just rotten to the core.

One of the worst things to happen to the FAI was that genisis report. Before that King Kenny was interested in taking the job but rightly wasnt willing to go through an interview process for the job. Instead the FAI gave the position to that retard Kerr and since then the passion has gone out of the team.

I dont have any real deep passion towards the international setup and dont understand why a merger between the IFA and the FAI isnt possible. Maybe a joint international team is the way forward. I know the hardliners on both sides will have political issues with them in relation to anthems etc but im sure

(a) G-S-T-Q and A-N-BHF.

(b) some newly generated song like irelands call.

can be played.

Like to hear the lads views on this.

I believe It'll happen in the next 20 years .

I'm heavily involved in the Setanta cup , and am in contact with people in the Northern Clubs .One or two of the Portadown lads on here can testify to that but I also speak with Glens ,Dungannon and Linfield people.They all want the Setanta to progress cos they are playing better clubs ,and they are seriously looking at switching to summer football diue to Irish clubs relitive success since it was introduced.Once the leagues merge , theres only one step left

Regarding the FAi , not only are they totally inept , ubent , and incestious, they are also paranoid .

the only good things to come out of the San marino debacle ( Apart from Hunt,Long and Stokes ) were Stautons sefeciencies shown to the world but more importantly ,the Delaney out Banner was front page across the country.They FAI are currently employing people to trapse through EL clubs websites and have started issuing legal threats ( Thanks in part To Cork Citys protest at Don Givens and Pat Devlin) to Website owners but they have staretd infiltrating Supporters groups to find out what protest banners are being spoken about and are instructing their stewerds to censure anti FAI protests.Last year we had a Red card to the fAi where we were all gonna hold a antio FAI post card,all the press were aware , but the stewerds started taking cards from people .In a meeting before the game ,the stewerds were informed of the protest and told to stop it .other banners etc have all been ripped or torn down

Steven Carr is a fat lump of lard who wouldn't even get on for Northern Ireland. If we don't have a better rightback in the whole of Eire then the rest of the team speaks for itself.

old hands on here will testify that I have been saying that for many many years ,although some people wanted him to sign for us cos "he;'s better than Finnan " ;)

old hands on here will testify that I have been saying that for many many years ,although some people wanted him to sign for us cos "he;'s better than Finnan " ;)

Was this a pisstake then?

http://72.232.233.42/~tlw/forum/showthread.php?t=10187&highlight=carr

Just incase that can't be opened because of the IP address, it says:

"Definatly think Stephen Carr would look great with a Liverbird on his chest.Young stephen Reid from Millwall is another .Hes not quite there yet but I can see him playing prem football soon .Would love it to be at anfield"

13th February 2003, 8:40 AM

Was this a pisstake then?

http://72.232.233.42/~tlw/forum/showthread.php?t=10187&highlight=carr

Just incase that can't be opened because of the IP address, it says:

"Definatly think Stephen Carr would look great with a Liverbird on his chest.Young stephen Reid from Millwall is another .Hes not quite there yet but I can see him playing prem football soon .Would love it to be at anfield"

13th February 2003, 8:40 AM

what a muppet!