You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My Emirates 'experience'.

fivetimes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you're just the sort of person we don't want at the Richard Parry Bowl if you don't indulge in the full Liverworld experience. No ticket ? Move along then, there's nothing for you here, clear off..............

The day the club dies will be the day our support spends more in Liverworld than the pub.

Maybe that day has come.

When did you get on the list? I have a season ticketing waiting list reference number from September 1997.

Personally, I'd rather just be able to go to a handfull of games that move to a brand shiney new bowl...

so was i till the wife and i had same first initials and they removed me for multiple applications :wallbutt: but we have both got pts memberships but refused to put me back on where i was and joined the bottom of the list. god i hate them so much, but love the club to bits

I was in amongst the gooners in one of the upper tiers - I've heard more vocal theatre audiences - only peep out of them was two twats who uttered ' sign on' once and half a dozen of them croaked ' oo are yer ' in the second half.

I appreciated the comfy seats and leg room but the atmosphere was laughable - similar to The Library but set in some sort of high tech circus tent.

The views without pillars were pretty good but distant. It was paying £50 to watch that shite that really stuck in the throat though. Me and my mate were stood in Hollway Road pissed off waiting for a bus when the travelling Reds coaches went past - people looked really fucking miserable and who can blame them, I would have been homicidal.

How does us losing a football match make you want to bum men?

Now come on now, it was funny. Not getting blown over by the wind when lining up a putt funny, but funny nonetheless

They both made me laugh, but, have i missed something here? Please explain. Who got blew over by the wind? RedKnight? Tell us the story uncle Dave.

What a god awful place that ground is. It is everything that I have come to hate about modern football.

It is a typical identikit bowl just like so many others (just a bit bigger). Its just not a football ground, if that makes sense.

£3.20 a pint of piss and 4 quid a pie. No ta. The atmosphere is shit and the three loudest songs were "who are ya", "youre not singing" and "easy, easy". £46 for that? Its getting silly. Our new ground will be the same, its needs to be realised and stopped asap.

The proper Arsenal fans seem to have been diluted by daytrippers and there is a whole tier of corporates who piss off early for a slap up before half time.

The announcer reads out the first names of the players and the crowd have to do the second names, a-la Italy.

It is embarrassing, even the Cockneys seemed embarrassed by it.

Our away end was shite as well, I have started dreading London aways now. They are all the same.

Plus, the match was awful. Once they scored that was it. We all knew it and it went silent.

Its wrong but I stormed out at 3-0. I couldnt handle it, I was right by those cunts as well. I wasnt going to stand there any longer. I left for my own sake as i was getting more and more worked up.

Wrong, but it was my choice and I dont need "super-fan" arseholes having a go at me. You stayed, congratulations, here is a gold star, you are a better fan than me. See you in Istanbul, arrr no I probably wont. The next London away though no doubt.

As we are walking out some cockney red decked out in replica kit (You are a grown man, stop it) shouts part-time supporters at us?!?! He was politely told by several people to be quiet, shall we say.

All in all a terrible day and now I am suffering in work with a cracking hangover!

There is the other thing wrong with football. Gobshites who can't even be arsed supporting their local team. I love Liverpool, but i can't stand a fucking cockney Liverpool fan, fuck that. Fucking tits. How can someone possibly 'support' a team that is miles away when there is (in most cases) a ground down the road. They always say 'Oh my dad is from Liverpool so i support them' or 'I have been supporting them since i was a kid'. No you haven't been 'supporting' them my friend, you have been admiring them from afar like all the other cunts. It makes me sick when i go the rovers and the ground is fucking derelict (yes we are shit) but then you go the pub after on and it is full of smug pricks in everton and liverpool shirts waiting for their next injection of sky sports coverage. I would say 98% of football fans are bad pubes. Rant over

What a god awful place that ground is. It is everything that I have come to hate about modern football.

It is a typical identikit bowl just like so many others (just a bit bigger). Its just not a football ground, if that makes sense.

£3.20 a pint of piss and 4 quid a pie. No ta. The atmosphere is shit and the three loudest songs were "who are ya", "youre not singing" and "easy, easy". £46 for that? Its getting silly. Our new ground will be the same, its needs to be realised and stopped asap.

The proper Arsenal fans seem to have been diluted by daytrippers and there is a whole tier of corporates who piss off early for a slap up before half time.

The announcer reads out the first names of the players and the crowd have to do the second names, a-la Italy.

It is embarrassing, even the Cockneys seemed embarrassed by it.

Our away end was shite as well, I have started dreading London aways now. They are all the same.

Plus, the match was awful. Once they scored that was it. We all knew it and it went silent.

Its wrong but I stormed out at 3-0. I couldnt handle it, I was right by those cunts as well. I wasnt going to stand there any longer. I left for my own sake as i was getting more and more worked up.

Wrong, but it was my choice and I dont need "super-fan" arseholes having a go at me. You stayed, congratulations, here is a gold star, you are a better fan than me. See you in Istanbul, arrr no I probably wont. The next London away though no doubt.

As we are walking out some cockney red decked out in replica kit (You are a grown man, stop it) shouts part-time supporters at us?!?! He was politely told by several people to be quiet, shall we say.

All in all a terrible day and now I am suffering in work with a cracking hangover!

You better get used to it because football is changing from a working mans game to a middle class game and you'll see fans changing clubs once there own goes downhill. the only positive from this is Everton will be a meaningless club in a lower league to Liverpool 10 years

Football as it used to exist is now over

I just hate the thought of playing anywhere other than Anfield. I don't want the new stadium, and I'm actually worried that it will kill the club. If the club finance it themselves via a bank loan (which is more likely than getting investment at this point) then we really could be the next Leeds.

It's Parry's legacy though, he's obsessed with getting the new stadium. Fuck the new stadium, I don't even want it.

I understand your point of view but without the stadium we will be also rans for the forseeable future

Football is heading the way of Superclubs and we can be part of that or just another Everton, god forbid

Embrace the horror or end up being an angry old man

There is the other thing wrong with football. Gobshites who can't even be arsed supporting their local team. I love Liverpool, but i can't stand a fucking cockney Liverpool fan, fuck that. Fucking tits. How can someone possibly 'support' a team that is miles away when there is (in most cases) a ground down the road. They always say 'Oh my dad is from Liverpool so i support them' or 'I have been supporting them since i was a kid'. No you haven't been 'supporting' them my friend, you have been admiring them from afar like all the other cunts. It makes me sick when i go the rovers and the ground is fucking derelict (yes we are shit) but then you go the pub after on and it is full of smug pricks in everton and liverpool shirts waiting for their next injection of sky sports coverage. I would say 98% of football fans are bad pubes. Rant over

From a common sense point of view, I couldn’t agree more. Supporting at team that’s not your local team is definitely silly. Supporting a team not even from your own country is - well - pathetic! For different reasons I grew up as a Liverpool fan and here’s my problem – it stuck! I tried to distance myself from it during the late 80’s, I tried to support my local club in the early 90’s. Guess what, it simply didn’t work. As much as I agree with your point of view I can’t help it. Whenever Liverpool FC plays I feel the same excitement going through my veins. When we win I’m happy, I hate losses. I’ve come to terms with my feelings now, I’ve stopped fighting it. I cant’ explain, it’s just the way it is.

Maybe you’re right it’s about admiration. If so, surely it must be the city, it’s people, the passion and the excitement from Anfield I admire, not some team playing great football 20-30 years ago. I suppose there’s a lot to admire too. The open minded friendliness and hospitality of your city’s people. The way you stick together is remarkable. Wherelse in the world would a boycott of a newspaper have almost 100% support over a period close to 20 years?

Admiration might just be the key word here. A bit sad isn’t it to be despised by the ones you admire. Nothing to do about that though. I’m stuck, for ever I suppose.

You could always fuck off. I grew up in Shrewsbury but was brought up a Liverpool fan. I supported them, going to as many games as possible, which was a lot from the mid 80s to early 90s. I follow Shrewsbury and go to games now and again, but it isn't the same as Liverpool, not because of the standard, because of the feeling. There are plenty of crap scouse Liverpool fans.

I understand your point of view but without the stadium we will be also rans for the forseeable future

Football is heading the way of Superclubs and we can be part of that or just another Everton, god forbid

Embrace the horror or end up being an angry old man

I don't think that will happen though. I think we can stay at Anfield and still compete. Money isn't everything.

I guess you'll never understand, and frankly I don't give a shit. Go make another one of those funny threads of yours, y'know, the ones where I think you're trying to be ironic and bizarre but nobody gets it and you just end up looking like a tit.

To be honest NP, it died when the seats went in the Kop, trouble is a lot of people won't admit it.

It's a new dawn, we've got to move on....................................

Very, very true. The sad fact is that there's no safety reason why we shouldn't return to terracing (the Germans cracked a safe version of it years ago), but it's a political impossibility. For a start, no fucker would dare ask, but if they did, the answer would be an unthinking and immediate "no chance". I think football will have to totally die as a commercial venture before terracing could return - and that looks about as likely as me pulling on the captain's armband and playing up front against Boro at the weekend.

Well you're just the sort of person we don't want at the Richard Parry Bowl if you don't indulge in the full Liverworld experience. No ticket ? Move along then, there's nothing for you here, clear off..............

Like it.

Another thing, the cockney red who shouted "part time...." wasnt a go at OOT fans for god sake! It was a point that he may have only been there because it was a London away and I found it ironic him calling us that.

Then again, he could be a home and away every week bloke....who knows.

Maybe he has a point, I shouldnt have been storming out but I couldnt handle it. I am sure a few of the players felt the same (just after the first never mind the others!).

I don't think that will happen though. I think we can stay at Anfield and still compete. Money isn't everything.

So true. I just don't get the arguement of MONEY? Anfield can be increased by 5-7,000 seats - I don't know the figures but lets say the cost would be £25m (it may be less but not a lot more).

The new stadium would have 60,000 seats, the extra 8,000 seats would bring in 240k extra (8,000 x £30) in revenue, but then you are saddled with a debt of £200m. Say we had 25 home games a season it would mean an extra £6m in revenue (240k x 25 games)...

The figures just don't add up to me. How is that going to make us compete.

Rafa has already proved at Valencia that he can compete on the pitch with Barcelona and Real Madrid. He has proved in the last 2 seasons that he can compete with the top teams in Europe.

We could have a 100,000 seater stadium, that still is not going to help us compete with Chelsea on a financial level.

Like I said - the figures just don't add up, and as Dave has mentioned already on this thread, there is a real danger of us heading the same way as Leeds...