You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

L.F.C. Most memorable Goals?

Guest S.BlondeKTSMIP

Guest S.BlondeKTSMIP

Which Goals stand out for you from throughout the years and why?

Be it, a quality goal or a landmark goal or whatever.....

Gerrard vs Man utd: Remember the rocket that seemed to dip a little and then rise again as if it was destined for the top corner!

Reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=082ANl7qUHw

Fowler vs Leiceter:

Comeback Goal...aah the Jubilation..Remember how close he kept coming but it just wouldn't go in!

Reminder....

And then..what is IMO opinion the best LFC goal i can remember vs. Brann bergen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3syGepbYw

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.BlondeKTSMIP

Your username is weird. Care to explain it?

Haha long story Mate...From another Forum!

P.s. i double Posted the thread by mistake if you could delete one for me please!

Cheers.

I've always loved Fowlers goal a few years back against Villa, where he skinned Steve Staunton with a cheeky back-heel then smashed it in from about 30 yards. I was in The Kop for that game and watched it about 60 times on MOTD that night.

i have one particular favourite which i think will remian my favourite for ever, despite how many wonderful goals we score.

it was late eighties (88 or 89) vs arsenal at anfield. the ball was going out for a throw but McMahon stopped it on the touchline, and went into the crowd, he then got back to the ball just before an arsenal player and kept posession for us, the ball eventually went out wide, via houghton i think, to barnes who crossed for Aldo to slide in ans score from close range. fucking brilliant goal. loved watching that one over and over on my season review when i was a kid.

ps. i may have all of the players after McMahon wrong, but my memory is poor. if its on youtube and anyone can be arsed looking i would love to see it again.

Theres quite a few great goals that will live with me forever...

Ruddock Against manure to make it 3-3.

Collymore against Newcastle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1k5NXQksmI

44 yards.... need I say more

Luis Garcia against Juventus to make it 2-0, what a strike..

Under the circumstances this has to be one of the best goals EVER scored by a red...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKWrnyVcZIA

The List is endless, but theres a couple that made me very happy and proud to be a red ever since I was a baby..

i have one particular favourite which i think will remian my favourite for ever, despite how many wonderful goals we score.

it was late eighties (88 or 89) vs arsenal at anfield. the ball was going out for a throw but McMahon stopped it on the touchline, and went into the crowd, he then got back to the ball just before an arsenal player and kept posession for us, the ball eventually went out wide, via houghton i think, to barnes who crossed for Aldo to slide in ans score from close range. fucking brilliant goal. loved watching that one over and over on my season review when i was a kid.

ps. i may have all of the players after McMahon wrong, but my memory is poor. if its on youtube and anyone can be arsed looking i would love to see it again.

It was McMahon mate, Brian Moore was on the commentary & says 'mcmahon 3 & away' as I think he beat a few players.

The arsenal player goes sliding off the pitch.

Fowler vs Leiceter:

Comeback Goal...aah the Jubilation..Remember how close he kept coming but it just wouldn't go in!

Reminder....

Or Chelsea...

Apart from the obvious ones, my favourite was Gerrards goal away at Villa in January 2001. Gerrard, Litmanen and Murphy knocked a few one touch passes up the pitch and then Gerrard whalloped it from 25 yards.

I can't find it on youtube though. Actually, I just can't be arsed to look!

My favourite is McManaman against Shef Wed ages ago. He scored a hat-trick but for the best one he cut in from the left and curled it into the top corner, sheer class. There's loads though, Gerrard in the cup final, Gary Mac against the bitters and Mellor against Arsenal, the late ones are always brilliant.

Guest TK-421

Vladimir in the CL final is officially my favourite LFC goal.

McMananaman vs Toon at St.James Park, can't remember the year. We were trailing 1-0 in the first half and hadn't really threatened before Macca took the game by the scruff of the neck. The equalizer was set up by Robbie, Macca hit it on the bounce from 25 yards. I was sat with the Geordies as I couldn't get an away ticket. I was right in front of the strike and knew it was going in as soon as he hit it, it hit a post and flew in. I wanted to go mental but sat calmly so as not to get a kicking. Macca controlled the game and put us 2-1 up just before HT which is how it finished.

44 yards......no doubt.

The goal alone was class, but the way it happend and the celebrations was equally impressive.

And against the bitters, whom I`ve really come to hate after going to derby at Goodison last season, just makes it my first choice.

One of my favourite goals was Robbie's in the 4-3 game against Newcastle when they had pulled 3 goals back. When Robbie scored the winner in the last minute, I can remember jumping up and down and screaming. One minute I was just so pissed off, the next I was so happy. My brother had taken me to the game, which was good of him, as he isn't even a Liverpool fan. He just sat there while everyone else went mad.

Terry Mac - number 7 v Spurs at the Annie Road end.

More recently, Garcia v Juve.

Garcia's is my favourite from a game i have been at. i felt physically sick when that went in, it was that good.

Garcia's is my favourite from a game i have been at. i felt physically sick when that went in, it was that good.

I was in the Paddock for that goal, very close to the Juve fans, when that went in the stadium erupted and I had about 10 blokes jumping all over me who I didnt know from Adam, it was brilliant what a night that was, tell you what European nights are the dogs bollocks.